Do opposites attract?

@nikky28 (1572)
I am quite unsure about this theory as there is one more theory that is contradicory to this. It is that people who have a lot in common get attracted to each other. What do you think? Is your spouse opposite to what you are or are you alike?
Yes, that's the law of nature, female and male. But if we are talking about differences here, then i think YESSSS this is really true. What you don't have, you can find to your other half. God will give you a mate that is strong in all the areas where he must be stronger so that you are not tempted to go beyond what you can bear. God is giving us a mate He has carefully orchestrated. No selfish and no self centered excuse here that we should take care of our spouse no matter how good or bad he/ she is.
@nikky28 (1572)
hey strawberry! I agree that one has to overlook the other's flaws in order to make a relationship successful and healthy. It is more about "we" and "us" than "you" and "I"
@buggles64 (2713)
I use to think that opposites attract, but I have had a change of heart and I now belive that like attracks like. Positive forces come together because like you mentioned they have common interests. I would much rather be married to someone that shares my interests and hobbies.
@nikky28 (1572)
yep I would love spending time with someone who would love doing what I do also. Thanks for the response
@bbsr13 (4198)
Hello,Nikky! A girl and boy if put together for sometime in a room both will be attracted to each other.It is natural instinct.Adam and eve remained together and were attracted to each other that you know.You can make an experiment it in your life.thanx.
@nikky28 (1572)
lol what if you put a man and another man together hehe.
@marty3888 (2358)
I so much disagree with this. I had a girlfriend that it seemed we were opposites. I mean we'd go to a movie. If I liked it, she didn't like it. If I didn't like it she liked it. And I made the excuse at that time, well you know, they say opposites attract. The relationship lasted 3 months. Now I'm with someone whom we have a lot in common. It is so much nicer. I'm not saying it doesn't work for some people but me and her are going on 7 years together.
@nikky28 (1572)
Yes I think on your lines too. I think there should be the common factor for a relationship to last longer. Let us see the other responses. And I am happy for you and your girlfriend
@Krisneil (577)
Haha in south attract north in magnetism, always do in terms of personality, and when they collide? they explode and the new war will began.
@nikky28 (1572)
lol I wonder what war you are talking about hehe
@Krisneil (577)
misunderstanding.. hehe.
Yes, opposites do attract but they also need to have a meeting of minds on their basic life philosophy in order to make a go of it. Here are some opposites in my life: One is tall and one is short. One likes all protein and one likes salads. One likes a big house and one likes a small house. One likes to do their own repairs and one likes to call the handyman. One likes to cut grass and one hates to cut the grass. One likes winter and both like summer (LOL). One likes action movies and one likes romantic movies. One likes sports and one likes crafts. One is more focused on saving small amounts of money and one is more focused on saving large amounts of money. I think that is enough for now! Now for the other half we both love each other, we both respect each other, we both have taken our wedding vows seriously, and we both have made it for a little over three decades. It has not been easy but the one who likes to cut the grass, cuts the grass while the other one cooks. The one who likes a big house settles for a small house with big rooms.And on and on. If we had the same likes and dislikes it would be boring. We may as well be married to ourselves. There is just enough of the opposites and the commonality to make it all work.
@nikky28 (1572)
Congratulations! Over three decades and still going strong. This is almost your secret of long lasting marriage I think. That you have dissimilarities and yet things blend in well. Very well said! It makes life more interesting with different tastes. Thanks for the great response!