Morgana's New Thing...

Cats... - Cats...
@twoey68 (13651)
As some of you know, our cat, Morgana, can be a real pistol sometimes. Lately she’s started a new thing. She wants me to pick her up and hold her and pet her, then she curls up and falls a sleep…Nothing wrong with that. But here’s the thing, she waits till I’m in the bathroom, sitting on the potty and that’s when she wants to be held and petted and taking a nap. Now I don’t stay in there very long, just long enough to do my business. She’s always grumpy when I have to set her down so I can get up too…I usually get nipped for disturbing her LOL Where is the strangest place your cat has ever cornered you for affection? Are you ever interrupted or trapped by their demand for attention? Any amusing cat stories to share? [b]**AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~[/b]
my black cat does that.insists on sitting on your lap in the bathroom. i don't get it either.captive audience,i guess. my tux cornered me good my last surgery.i couldn't get up unaided, so he decided to curl up between my legs and sleep.i had to yell to have him moved as i could neither sit up or grab him.and all the time he had a kitty smile going LOL
@cyrus123 (6364)
This is very funny! Kathy.
@ElicBxn (61063)
they trap me in the bathroom ALL THE FREAKING TIME!!! however, since they have ALWAYS done this, they are used to being put down... I would say, as much as she is annoyed with you when you do it, having her nip at you is worse, so I suggest you sprinkle water on her before she can do it...
Hi twoey68, yes, my Tom cat does that to me wher I am sitting on my throne, but my female would come up on my bed when i want to go to sleep and walk all ver my head til I take her under my blanket and give a cuddle, she only stay there for a few moment and th wriggles out. Tamara
@Iriene88 (5346)
My grandpa has a beautiful Siamese cat, with nice colourful furs. This cat is so fond of him, will follow wherever he goes. When my grandpa get older and can't see properly, my dad decided to get rid of his cat. What happen then was, we are moving to a new place, about 4-5 kilometres away from the old house. When we shifted, we left the cat in the old house. The amazing thing is, when my father went to work, this cat trailed him. He was on a motorcycle. The cat been observing him for a few days. I don't know how it did it but a few days later, he managed to come to our new house and back to its master (my grandpa). Amazing, isn't it?
@twoey68 (13651)
Obviously they are not meant to be seperated...I'd miss our Morgana terribly if I lost her. She's a pain in the butt sometimes but she's our baby. Right now she's laying in the hallway watching me and waiting for our naptime LOL [b]**AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~[/b]
@scififan43 (2437)
I can't give you any cat stories here. I do not have cats. but form what you say it soulds either amusing or anoying.
That's too funny. Sherlock (my dog) always has to open the bathroom door, then he goes right back out.
@cyrus123 (6364)
This is so funny! I can't think of an amusing cat story but my dog has waited outside the door of the bathroom while I'm in there. It's like she's waiting her turn in the bathroom, lol! When I come out and see her laying there, I'll say "Your turn!" I think she just knows that's where I am and she just wants some attention. Kathy.
My cat,her name is Miss Kitty, does the same thing yours does when I'm in the bathroom, I have to tell her that she can't get up on me right now. She is such a mess, it never fells every time I lay something down and start writing on it, she will jump up and lay right on top of it. When I let her into the house and I go out side, it doesn't matter how long I stay out, shes still waiting at the door for me. The thing that I think is kind of strange though,is the affection that her and my dog have with each other, I always let the cat in first, fill her and the dog's bowls and then go to the back door to let the dog in. Most of the time Miss Kitty will wait until I let the dog {Serena} in before she starts to eat, they sniff each other then start eating. After while they even switch bowls sometimes. I think this is so cute.
@gewcew23 (8010)
Well this is going to seem strange, but the cat on my avatar like to curl up under my shirt. She will up on my lap when I am seating and try her best to get under my shirt.
@katsalot1 (1619)
I have two elderly cats, and one of them has started this annoying thing in the last couple of years - he waits until I have a hot drink and then pushes his head under the hand that's holding the cup. It's got so annoying that I have to go into another room and shut the door if I want to sit and drink a cup of tea without having it spilt all over me!
Our cat Shakti does that to us too, right down to the nipping. What does Morgana look like? Shakti's a flamepoint Siamese/Balanese cross. I'm asking, but I'm thinking they may be brother and sister. LOL My husband's cat Mysti did that too. She's a calico. Maybe Morgana's related to her. haha
About the same as yours as far as the cornering for affection goes. But we used to have a cat, probably an orphan, I really don't recall. I remember it was a black and white cat and very nice and friendly. Or resident dog was a brown lab. Great dog. Used to follow my grama around and was just her dog. One morning my grama woke me up to come see. She had a wood burning storm in the kitchen and I was directed out there. On the little rug infront of the stove was the dog with the cat curled up by his belly, both of them snoozing away. I thought it was so cute and something you rarely see. They became fast friends and helped eachother out of scrapes and such.
@Opal26 (17686)
Hey twoey! Morgana is reminding me of my Star and Luna! I just don't know what it is about these cats and why they decide all of a sudden after having them for 5 years that now they have decided that I can't be in the bathroom without them or on the computer either! If I go to take a shower and dare to close the door one of them pushes it open and screams until they see Mommy! It's not like they need me, it's just like they have to make sure that I'm still there! What do they think will happen if I go behind that curtain? I'm going to disappear? I think they watched too much Sigfried and Roy! Poor babies! And when I'm on the computer one of the HAS to sit in my lap so that it makes it very hard for me to type! Now, this is since I got my computer work station! Beats me!
@mands61123 (2098)
lol my youngest cat follows me to the toilet but she just jumps on the sink not on my lap thats quite funny that she gets irritated at the inconvenience lol sometimes i feel like mrs doolittle my pets follow me everywhere from room to room. Like just now i was originally downstairs watching tv and i have come upstairs to go to the loo and decided to check the computer.They've all followed me the youngest cat is now sleeping between the keyboard and the monitor (which makes a change from on the keyboard demanding i stroke her rather then type) the eldest cat is on the window sill as i wouldn't let her sit on my lap (she needs her claws trimming and i didn't feel like being a pin cushion) and the pooch is lay just at the side of me at my feet. Amusing stories mmm i probably have a lot but i can't think of any just yet what have they done today???? theres a utube video of two cats chunnering to each other and my eldest cat loves it when i play it she speaks back and goes behind the monitor to find them then searches the house while both the dog and the youngest cat look on puzzled at the noises when i turn the speakers up lol
LMAO!! That's funny!! Cats are so funny and peculiar at times; Screamer of course follows me into there as well, she will sit up on the tub demanding that I pet her while I sit there ( trying to do my business) or she will sit on the bathroom sink demanding to be petted and meowing at me to hurry up so I can go feed her; this is the worst when I get up during the night and I'm half asleep or groggy from meds and she is bugging me like this she knows that I will give her a bit of food before I fall back into bed... she has so many things she does I swear I could write a book on her..LOL! For now though I think the two of us just need our afternoon nap; I had a rough night sleeping last night and bed is surely calling me; and Screamer sleeps on my feet in bed or curled up in my arms by my head; she's my baby;
@BarBaraPrz (24871)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Harmony's tried hopping up into my lap when I was on the toilet, too. Must be some new thing the cats are doing now for kicks. The old in and out game just isn't annoying us as much as they'd like...