Poor people knocking at your door for alms...

Do you have in your country poor people knocking at your door asking for alms? Here in our place it is a common sight. There are days when I am staying at home, as much as 3 batch of people who would knock and ask for alms. They would have different reasons: someone in the family or neighborhood died and needs financial assistance so they can be buried, someone in the family has a disease that needs a great amount of money for hospitalization and medication, and then there are various calamity like flood, typhoon, fire, loss of job, relocation of houses and many more. Talking to them, I would ask questions to verify their situations. Many of them present government permits to proved their unfortunate situation. I always end up giving them something. Even to people who has been to our place many times, telling different reasons just to ask for something. I am always wondering about their intentions and if they are for real. But in the end, I would just trust God to bless them and deal with them if they are fraud. How about you? How do you deal with them?
@besthope44 (12135)
Well rather than money i give food.
Yes! I already experienced it. Those are from poor people on where later i realized that some of them if not most are fraud. Some of them are just in the streets hindering your pathway, asking money or food. I even experienced being asked to donate money inside an internet cafe where a person gave me a letter asking for donation from church, saying that they really need some financial support, i did'nt even recognized the name of the church. And she's like asking all the person inside that establishment which i really think is not true on good intentions.
@yecal10 (144)
Well, here they are in the streets at the intersection. They do not knock on doors. I think you are handling it the right way.