what is the importance of age gap in marriage life?

Age gap - this is the photo of the age gap of two persons.
Hi friends, what is the importance of age gap in marriage life? If the husband is elder than wife then the society doesn't bother much. But if the wife is elder than the husband then the society is looking at them differently. In india generally in most of the marriages the groom will be elder than the bride. It is most common. what is your view about the importance of age gap in marriage life. is it really necessary.
normally men get catch thing later then women. a women is more matured when compared to men .so our only they chose the men age to be elder.that doesn't mean i don't support for marring young men. but if u marry a elder man he will be able to face life more maturely.in the case of marring a young man the women will be authority person their at one point women will not be able to balance.because she has to be able to manage a big child which is difficult than managing a child.
thank you deepamoorthy for your response. YOu are right women will be more mature than men in the same age. so they are able to face whateer in the life.
@madteaparty (2759)
• Japan
I think the age is not important. In my case, my boyfriend is younger than me, but age is only a number. In my country is common too that the older one is the husband in heterosexual couples, but if the age gap isn't too big is not bad seen when happens the opposite.
thankyou friend for your response. ONly love is important and i too agree that age doen't matter much.
I think apart from Men's dominance,another reason why woman is traditionally younger in marriage is that it is an established fact that a woman becomes mature earlier than man.Hence in arranged marriages girl remains younger than man.Now when marriages are fixed themselves by the couple,age has lost relevance....