My Ex wont pick up the Wii he demanded!

@jennybianca (12913)
Australia
My ex is up to something again. On sunday, when he arrived to get lots of his bigger items, which as some of you know, was not a very successful day, among other things, he demanded that I have the new Wii for him. There was no set date for this. I was to buy him a new Wii in exchange for other items in the house which I would keep. I put a Wii on layby. There was no way I could afford it in one go. After all, ex owes me $270 for electricity and water bills which is says he doesn't have to pay. Last week I sent him a text saying that I couldn't quite afford to pay it off that day, but would be able to by next tuesday (yesterday). On sunday, he demanded the Wii. When I asked him about what I said on the text message, he refused to comment. Twice this occured. Yesterday I paid the Wii off and texted him that he could come and get it whenever he wanted. No reply. That was 30 hours ago. I am very surprised, as he was most anxious for the Wii. He's up to something I am sure. What do you think it is? He would be very angry about Sunday, and now he would be angrier because friends of his emailed him telling him exactly what they thought of his violence, etc.
I would see if there was some neutral place you could leave the Wii and not have to see him. I do not know if your lawyer would hold it for him or something, but I would keep him far far away from me.
Jenny please listen to the mylotter above me as she makes such good sense, just leave it in a neutral place and not go neAr him again. he sounds too controlling by far, and worries me. take care please.
@jennybianca (12913)
Yes, I would think it is a god idea to leave it someplace neutral, but for that to work he would actually have to communicate, which he is not currently doing.
hi jennybianca the jerk is still being a jerk huh. I would get police protection each time he decides to come over and throw his weight around. do you both have lawyers or can you afford them? If you do get your lawyer to make the jerk pay the electric and water bills. I have no idea what he is up to, but I would surely protect myself from any further violence from him, even if it is just your dad and maybe another male relative that dislikes the jerk too. If I were you I would make damned sure I am not alone with him and have friends on your side for protection. good luck God bless. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.
@jennybianca (12913)
We both have lawyers, well, my lawyer objected to his lawyer, as she may be prejudiced as she knows me. So now I dont know what his lawyer situation is. We get the police every time he comes here. Hes up to something Im sure!
@cerebellum (3870)
It does sound like he is up to something. It is strange that you can get no response from him after he was so anxious to get it. Maybe he just wanted to cause trouble. If that was the case it sounds like he was successful! I am usually too trusting and it even sounds fishy to me.
@jennybianca (12913)
He could have put a block on my phone number, so he wouldnt receive my text messages, but wouldnt it bounce back to me if that was the case?
I would think you would be notified somehow that your text didn't go through. Also if you mentioned it to him in person, you'd think he would have said he never got or that he had a block on messages from you.
@jennybianca (12913)
I know now why he wont reply to text messages. He is trying to force me to only use a lawyer. I have a lawyer and she has approved me sorting out household goods myself. His lawyer keeps sending letters to my lawyer about it. So ex is going to sit around waiting for the Wii he so desperately wanted, whilst I send emails to his lawyer, she sends them on to my lawyer & my lawyer doesnt reply to his lawyer. All because he wont negotiate via texts or letters or emails from me. What a fiasco.
@sedel1027 (17851)
I wouldn't worry or bat an eye at him wanting the Wii. Really there should be on division of property at all until all of this goes to court. I;m hoping that you are keeping an very accurate and detailed list of everything he is taking, what he is asking for ect and submitting that to your lawyer. Also, you should not be communicating at all with his lawyer. With the Wii situation you should contact your lawyer - if you have not done so - and have her contact his lawyer that way all communication is more than documented and you do not put yourself at risk.
@jennybianca (12913)
I have documented everything and dont believe I am at risk. My lawyer and I agreed that I could sort out the household goods situation. I dont want to use my lawyer for that. Everything a lawyer does costs money, writing a letter could be $150. If my ex wants to pay a lawyer for every little bit of communication, he can.. But Im not. In our state, we can divide household goods and minor stuff without going to court. I am emailing his lawyer whenever my ex doesnt act appropiately in regard to collecting his belongings.
@sedel1027 (17851)
Did he ever come get the Wii?
forgive me,but he sounds like a total d*ck.seriously. he probably is up to something,but what? i personally would tell the lawyer i'm withholding it til he pays the utilities.
@jennybianca (12913)
I wrote to his lawyer the day after the fiasco on sunday. Of course, she repliedmaybe because she is not his lawyer anymore. He is acting like a d.... Im really quite shocked at how far he is taking things.
be safe.he sounds really unpredicable.
@pastorkayte (2255)
How did he demand that you buy a Wii, is it part of your divorce decree, did the court say you were responsible to buy a wii, and do you know that usually the court allows the woman to keep household furnishings, (all of them) unless the man gets the children. You really should not allow him to keep abusing you, and tell him to get over it. When he left he gave up his right to everything you have, except actual assets, like coin collections, the house, cars, and stocks and bonds. Then he should get half, unless he was at fault in the divorce. Dont keep giving him stuff, he knows he would not get them in court so he is going to keep making you pay as long as you let him. Let him take you to court so you can watch him lose....
@jennybianca (12913)
I had responded with a long description of the Wii incident and the way property settlement is done here. When I hot post comment, it disappeared. I don't have time to rewrite it. Sorry.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
It really sounds like he has your messages blocked. I would call his lawyer and let him know you have it and that your ex will not respond. It sounds like he just wants to be in control and the only way to do that is be a jerk.
@jennybianca (12913)
he very much wants to be in control. I had also thought he may have my text messages blocked, but on the rare occassion, he will send me & text and get my reply. My daughter said it wouldnt be easy to block, then unblock messages for every text, so I dont know. Good point about the lawyer, I will email her.