Do women really need cosmetics to make them look beautiful?

Beauty becomes a Beast - When you use too much makeup, the beauty may become beast.
@b4balaji (410)
Is the cosmetics, and make up really needed? Aren't women naturally beautiful? Do they do it to increase their beauty? Why is it needed? If something is already beautiful, would you try to make it more beautiful, and by doing so, spoil the natural beauty?Everything has a limit, and so does beauty. Many people try to add more makeup, and spoil their skin, for example the actresses, when they get to 35-40 years, you cannot see their faces without makeup, but actually, their face would have been better if they dint use the makeup. Forget the movies and actresses, My question is why does the normal women, need makeup, when they already look beautiful?
I don't use a drop of make up on my face. I know I am beautiful in my natural state. I try to tell my daughter to get off that crap. She can't live without her eyes done. I believe it also makes you look older. I am 40 and you can even tell.
@b4balaji (410)
I also tell my mom and friends the same, but they never agree, they need atleast a coat of talc to look good. Now my mom has a lot of pores on her face, which is the result of 30 yrs of talc coat.
@chulce (1539)
The problem is for many women, we have low self-esteem in some cases. Some feel that the use of make-up is our way of boosting that esteem level. Some find that it does help them while others don't. It of course depends on the person and what they have going on in their lives. Personally, I do use a little make up, I enhance my eyes and sometimes my lips. I rarely use foundation or other cosmetics on the rest of my face. Many say that I do look young for my age even with nearing 40.
Hai namsthe balaji, I prefer the girls not to make up (I told the same to my girl friend), as the age goes on the fairness of woman reduces so I say women above 40 should make up but for the girls it is unnecessary and even it causes many kind of skin diseases you know. My friend inner beauty is more important than outer beauty.
• Vietnam
wow, that's sweet :x but lemme ask you a question: Do you prefer a beautiful girl with inner beauty also or a so so-looking girl with the same personality?
Hi there, I like a girl who has got good character and even I need beauty but my first is to the girl who has got a good character and loving kind
@zandi458 (27947)
I am not really into making myself a 'painted doll' but would also not go bare without anything done to my face when going out. It is natural for women to want to enhance her God gifted beauty to make her look more appealing and more confident. Compare a 'naked' face with that of a well made up face, you will see that those without make up makes them look pale and probably makes them look like they have just waken up from sleep. While those with makeup, even only with lipstick stands out and look more presentable. Too much makeup is also not recommendable as they will look unnatural and makes them look like the chinese opera singer.
I don't think women need make up as much as they think they do.It's just the companies have to sell all those products and everyone knows that best way to market something is to make the potential customer think that they can not do without all those things.What I mean is I'm a anti-make up gal.I don't know why but I never thought that I need make up to look nice.I also feel like I'm looking at a girl from one of those African tribes when the girls start to put make up on right next to me.:D
@maria1081 (1252)
Cosmetics are use to enhance beauty. A little bit of make up for me doesnt hurt as long as I dont wear it everyday and specially when I go to sleep. Yes it is good to see a pretty face but real inner beauty glows from within.
You are right miss that cosmetics are used to enhance beauty.BUt is it necessary to use cosmetics.??when it only spoils your skin later on with age,even you know that.I think a pretty face should be for real not because of cosmetics.more simple a girl is more beautiful she is.And cosmetics are for those girls who think they are not beautiful or for those girls who think they are piece of attraction kinda.And beauty is not that a girl has a beautiful face or beautiful body, beauty is from beautiful heart and i think that is real beauty,the innermost beauty of a woman.Else these cosmetics.......too much...:)
@chase717 (65)
I think that women can be beautiful without makeup. However, makeup seems to boost confidence for many women. I don't ever wear a lot, but I do have days when I feel better with it on. Then again, there are days that I don't wear it at all. So, maybe it changes with mood.
• Vietnam
People always want more. You're rich, you wanna be richer. She's a beauty, and she wants to be gorgeous. Using makeup in right way is not going to spoil your skin, beside that, there's natural-base makeup that even good for your skin. I love makeup, and I think that it's the way I express the love of myself. I'm not against natural beauty, but makeup makes me confident, more beautiful, so why not?
@winiepu (42)
Since the cosmetics have existed for many years, the use of the cosmetics is meaningful to some degree. Adding some makeup and use some cosmetics to protect the skin is helpful to enhance the outside beauty. In the society that prefer the beautiful face, the outside beauty could give people more confidence and advantage in every aspect of the life. However if girls use too much cosmetics everyday and believe the cosmetics is a good substitute for healthy food and regular excercise, they are totally wrong. Nothing is more important than good diet and excercise in our life, much more the cosmetics which could be bad for our body in the long run.
@karthi_88 (299)
i don't use cosmetics friend.all women are naturally beautiful.if we start using cosmetics we should use it till the end of life.if we use cosmetics and suddenly if we stop using it will make our face to look different.some have the habit of changing the cosmetics what they use and if their skin is sensitive they will get some skin problem.its better to avoid using cosmetics. wish you a happy new year :)
Basically beauty to me is more about being comfortable than looking nice…even then, I think some make-up, some cosmetics is required to enhance the look. Not only for women, it’s the same for everything around us. Just look at our homes…the bare walls and minimum required furniture are OK but doesn’t it look all the more better with pictures and matching cushions and potted plants? And then on special occasions when we hang the lights, isn’t that just wonderful! It’s the same with women…and men if I might add. All of god’s creatures are beautiful in their own natural way but accessories and embellishments and cosmetics have their own importance too
i do not think so and the cosmetics can't always make a woman beautiful and they still need to eat good and healthy food.they also need quality sleeping time and reguallarly exercise or sports. if not they may become old easier with those cosmetics in my opinion.
@cher913 (25865)
well i think cosmetics just enhance the way a women look. i think they help make the women look better but beauty does come from within, but (in my opinion,) every little bit helps.
@cripfemme (7713)
No one actually needs make up to look beautiful. I think the trick of make up is to make you feel more confident. It doesn't actually make you any prettier. In fact, if you put on too much, it makes you look like a clown. I do think too many women and girls have bought into the societal bull crap that you have to wear it even if it's 80 degrees or you're doing something completely inappropriate to be wearing makeup.
@cripfemme (7713)
@olisaur (1931)
I think it all depends on the person. If a woman is confident and comfortable with her body, depsite what others think she may very well be gorgeous- not in just a surface beauty-sense, but in the way she carries herself and how her eyes shine. I wear makeup, and I certainly think it helps physical appearance.
@ladym33 (10990)
I think we women like to wear makeup because it makes us feel better about our selves. We all have things about our selves that we don't like and make up can help to camaflage that and help us feel better about our flaws. Or some like to accentuate what is good about them, like beautiful eyes, or nice lips. It just makes us feel better about our selves, and if a woman feels good about herself she is able to be more beautiful then if she does not feel good about herself.
@erikmama (12929)
I don't think a woman needs makeup to make themselves beautiful. A lot of women wear makeup to cover small flaws or to make themselves feel better. A lot of men prefer a woman who does not wear makeup and natural beauty. I think that is great!! I think this is especially true for a woman as she gets older. It is rare for me to wear makeup. I dont have time. Take me as I am!!
I don't know why. I used to wear make=up but not much. I don't really wear it anymore because I am allergic to most of it. I might wear a little foundation and a little powder but not much at all really the mascara and eye-liners burn my eyes. I haven't worn any since before Christmas. Some women seem to be like addicted to make-up for some reason I don't know and I agree there are so many beautiful women that don't even need it!
Hmm thats a good thing to think about. I never thought of that before. I started wearing makeup when I was 11. I am 26 and I look much older then the friends my own age I have pretty bad lines on my forehead that I chalked up to years of stress. Who knows though maybe it is from all the years of makeup I wore that my friends didnt wear much of. Maybe thats why my face looks so much older then theirs. That makes me sad if is the case. I have acne so I wear foundation and powder to cover it up. I wear lipstick becase my lips are so pale. I wear eyeshadow and mascara because my eyes are so plain. I AM not beautiful at all without makeup on. I look like a man with long hair I think. When I wear makeup I at least look half way different. I will not go outside my house without full makeup on. I dont want anyone to see me that way.
it is not the question of normal women or models.everyone wants to look beautiful.depending on their nature of work or their habit women put make -up.but i think a light make up does enhance the beauty of ordinary faces and even the extra-ordinary ones. with the cosmetics one should be careful to undermine their side-effects.regular cleansing and using make-up in moderation are best way to look good without their bad effects.