giving out 'best responses'... what's your experience?

hi fellow mylotters! no this is not another discussion about asking your criteria for giving out 'best responses' or other similar discussions. rather i just wanted to get everyone's experiences when giving out 'best responses' in your discussions. i'm asking for your experiences when giving out 'best responses'. let me explain further, before starting out this discussion, i was giving out 'best responses' and as i was revisiting thes old discussions of mine, it seemed that these discussions had grown to have life of their own. i can say that going back to these old discussions is a similar experience to that of seeing an old friedn whom you haven't seen for quite a long while. it's as if giving the 'best responses' become a trip down memory lane. i kid you not, that's how i actually felt when doing this rather simple and menial task. also, i noticed that in the earlier discussions that i started, i tend to confine myself the discussion and in turn, the responses that other mylotters can put down as well. i've seen in my recent discussions that the discussion i started were more enticing and for lack of a better word 'open-ended'. anyway, enough about me, and let's hear your experiences when giving out 'best responses'. have you ever felt the same? if not, how did you feel? or did you feel anything at all? am i just being a sentimental mylotter, too mcuh attached to his discussions? lol! feel free to chime in! cheers!!!
I may really enjoy some of my discussions but I don't feel like I am letting go of an old friend. Atleast not for long because I know that I can start another one sometime down the road of the same type and just revamp it alittle. Like the ones I do on rock and Woodstock's annimversary. Those I will bring up to some extent again soon. Sentimental is good and I just do it over and over. Just think of it alittle differently.
certainly putting a different perspective on these discussion with what you wrote down celtic eagle. sentimental? yeah, i think i am guilty of that with some of my earlier discussions. lol! all is good though. looking forward to your woodstock discussion. too young to be part of it but certainly not too young to not know about it. i wish i was there to experince it but i can only count on the music, the movies, and the stories that people share about this glorious part of music that we call woodstock. cheers!!!
I am proud to say I was a teenager during the time of Woodstock. I wish I could have gone. I enjoy bringing it into discussion because there always afew that are about my age and they write about their adventures during that time. It is great!
Thanks for the BR!
@2wicelot (2945)
I have got a few best responses in my day but I do not think it really does add anything to your earnings. I have a lot of unresolved discussions because it is so hard choosing the best response so I leave it as it is. I think a lot of people here at mylot are doing the same thing of not awarding best responses because of how difficult it is.
hi 2wicelot! that is certainly a different approach. mylotters give out great responses and it is indeed hard to choose just one. anyway, to eah his own my friend, to each his own.
@2wicelot (2945)
True, true. Everyone has there own style of doing things.
@dawnald (84070)
• Shingle Springs, California
There are certain discussions that I'm very fond of, and yes, visiting them can very much be a pleasant visit down memory lane. Especially when you consider how far behind I am in doing it!
hi dawnald. i can very much relate to what you wrote dawnald. case in point is me responding to this two-year old discussion! lol! i can certainly point out my favorite discussions and liek you, revisiting these discussions are indeed very much like going down memory lane. very pleasant experience indeed for me. anyway, like i said, these discussions turn out like old friends who we need to revisit once in awhile to give us a perspective of how much or how little we have changed in our lives. cheers!!!
@ckyera (17342)
hello allen! what a nice comparison you got there...going back to old discussions is like meeting an old friend again...hehe i fully agree and it brings back that time when you started a particular discussion...that sometimes it even makes us smile! with me, my experience in giving br...hmmmm sometimes it gives me headache! haha because there's a lot of good answers in the discussions and if possible i would want to award them all as best response! but most of the time, i have great time reading again my old discussions and award a best response, because sometimes, even i myself get surprised on what is written there...hehe and sometimes i even said to myself...'oh, did i really write that...'
hi ckyera! thanks for the kind words. old discussions are indeed like old friends. lol at your comment on getting a headache when giving out best responses. it is indeed true. hahahaha! agree with you as well that if it was possible, i'll be giving best responses to more than one as it is very common that mylotters give very good responses. one 'best response' mark is not enough to go around in the mylot community because of how great mylotters are. cheers!!!