What would you do if the person you hired had used a fake name?

Would you fire someone if you found out they distorted their name to hide who they really are? I think that there are people who go to be hired and they change their name because their real name will reveal they have a past.
Yes I would fire them. If they are hiding something then it is most likely not good. I don't really care why they lies but once a trust is broken it is broken and I would not care to keep some one like that around in my business or home, especially my home or around my children. Let's face it if they lied about name they lied about other paper work as well. Who knows what else they lied about, a child molest would change his name to get closer to children again, a thief would change their name to work at a bank and so on and so forth. No I would get rid of them the second I had legitimate proof. Proof would need to be legit though I would not fire some one with out it.
I agree. .I think it would be hard to prove someone is using a bogus name but not impossible. I think the truth would come out somehow;)
@bloggeroo (2169)
That's a bit unnecessary. I would just send the guy to open a bank account with his fake name and see if he can withdraw his paycheck.
I would fire them if they didn't have a good reason, which most people don't. I think it would be rare that they was in witness protection or something like that, so it probably would mean they're trouble and here the united kingdom it usually means they're not entitled to work in this country or they've done something seriously wrong and are being tracked down.
Well i have to proceed according to law in my country, i will report to the police, the rest is their responsibility to find the truth.. Thanks for sharing. Welcome always. Cheers. Professor