How do you "Waste" Your Time?

@thesids (22219)
Bhubaneswar, India
Hi MyLotters During the last 4 days I have been told at least 14 times that I am wasting my time by people in my real world. I fail to see their point as I always feel that No one, yes no one can ever waste time - If you say, I do nothing and that is how, well, I am doing many things right from cleaning, washing to internet and rest... I even listen to my heart beating, pulse ticking and this gives me a feeling that I am alive If you say I do not earn, c'mon, what I earn is knowledge, happiness, friends, peace of mind - money? yes, I am low but still I am trying - it is not just that I am sitting all day long expecting someone to gift me a huge bank balance So I would need views or instances from my MyLot Family here to help me understand what I am missing out - "When or What are the instances when you think one or even you can waste time?" Cheers, theSids
@shibham (17019)
Mamu... bilkul sahi bola re.... if you are a money sucker, then sure you are wasting your time.... but there are some other effects of it like you have mentioned knowledge, happiness, friends, piece of mind. You know i was on bed rest from last fortnight and i was happy as i had full time to stay with you. But tomorrow, i shall join on my duty... i will be here but not like these days. MY parents asked me am i not bored????? my polite reply... this is an different world where i wish to live maximum time of my life. I feel, my bride also cant replace this happiness that i gain from here. hahaha.
@edsss17 (4397)
I find it funny and good! I hope your bride will understand this!
@thesids (22219)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi mamu Well, these people just dont understand that and I am unable to make them realize my point of view. I know yes, I am not an earning member, but I am doing what I can given my limitations. These so called friends and relatives may be telling me for good but I still cannot appreciate their suggestions. Anyways, so finally the bride is near... I am happy for you on this thing coming ahead. Hope you are lucky enough here and get a good partner for your life
yes
Hi thesids I don't know what it's like to waste time. Seriously, I don't I am such a multi-tasker that I can't imagine calling anything I do wasting time. If I sit and think that is using my time wisely! Moping and dwelling on things is also utilizing some form of creativity. Sleeping is utilizing my time wisely. Living is using my time to perfection. So my dear friend I have no clue what it is like to waste time.
@akp100 (13551)
Among all sleeping is best..
ditto
@thesids (22219)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi GF I don't know what it's like to waste time Same here We all do things that we feel are the right option for us at that time and so what if this "right" does look wrong to others? It is their subjective view and I respect that but making comments on such thing I think it is beyond their area and they should not. I loved the sleeping part here the most as I too believe that sleep or even taking rest many a times is quite essential for us as it refreshes and rejuvenates the body and mind
@Sreekala (32984)
Hi Sidhu, I know today I 'wasted' my time simply reading some stuffs in our native language. I don’t have much interest in mylot today, there are so many topics after two days break, and may be I am disturbed with some unknown issues. I should say that I don’t waste my time, as I gained much knowledge on some stuffs, for e.g., I learnt that some people have their heart in right side instead of left side. The feature is describing how it can dictate and how it will affect the person’s health. I also read much other information, so waste of time in the sense ‘not earned any money’ only. I agree with you, it is not really important, what we earned
@thesids (22219)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi Sree Wow I am excited to know what you were reading about... Maybe you can do translate that regional thing to something more meaning for all... and while you were reading you were enjoying the read... So how is time wasted here? You are gaining knowledge - even if you are re-reading this stuff, maybe you are getting a deeper insight into this... I appreciate your views with mine - so waste of time in the sense ‘not earned any money’ only.... it is not really important, what we earned
@Sreekala (32984)
Hello Sidhu, Good afternoon to you. Of course it is my pleasure translate the same to you. Here it is: As you know that our heart is situated in the middle and turned to left side. In this particular case the heart turned to right side, just like a reflection in a mirror. Medical Science called this situation as Dextrocardia. Normally, there is no problem with this type of heart provided the person doesn’t have other problem in his heart. There is two types of Dextrocardia, first is, only the heart turned to right side and all other parts are in normal position, second is heart turned into right side and liver is seen in left side (normally liver is in right side) along with other parts in the stomach. This problem is considered as a genetic disorder and seen only one person out of twelve thousand people. Former Kerala governor, Bhagavan Sahai, who ruled in 1960, was a [b]right hearted person. [/b] I translated what I read in my native language. Hope you too enjoyed the reading.
@thesids (22219)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Wow that is really a great piece of information and I am sure many of us around will not be aware of this... And yes, on the lighter side, I did mention on a discussion from you - I do not have a heart with me... it now safe with my wife
@sid556 (30987)
Hi there thesids, I have had moments where I wouldn't say I was wasting my time but rather my time could be spent doing something more productive. For the most part, I keep myself busy. Even if I'm just sitting here daydreaming...it's not a waste. A little time-out is good for the spirit and boosts creativity. I don't have much money either but we get by and we are happy. From what I'm reading here,sids, it doesn't sound as if you are missing out on anything other than well, what it feels like to be rich. As long as you are happy and at peace then you shouldn't worry about what others think.
@sid556 (30987)
PS maybe listening to the ones that are so quick to tell you that you are wasting your time is a waste of your time????
@sid556 (30987)
pss....or maybe not. They gave you a topic to write about on here.
@thesids (22219)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi Sid This time one for you and one for me As long as you are happy and at peace then you shouldn't worry about what others think You are so very right here... I am to chase and go for what I love and like... And yes, the discussion is their gift to me... And I have found it helpful for sure
@kalav56 (11496)
thesids ! I am a woman.I have some primary household duties. So, if I fail to provide breakfast, lunch , dinner , [say by sitting in front of the television or reading some book or doing nothing but meditate]people would feel that I am wasting time. Now, when a man does not earn enough to take care of his family[say his wife/--even this 'wife' part can be excused in these days of female independence or child--here it is a compulsory duty because he has started a family in full awareness of his duties]then this would be considered a waste of time by all[I do not agree that 'all' people should stand in judgement but the family would do it with justification. The instances which you have asked for can be summed up as the situation when basic needs of family are not met by the man or woman.
@thesids (22219)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi Kalav Yes, it seems to be the reason for at least 4 or 5 of those comments I got. They think (and rightfully so) that I am a man and should be taking on the responsibility of my family - me and my wife and then my parents too as I am the eldest in our family. But those who thought so, forget my situation as of now... I am inside the house for medical reasons and not otherwise. I would and hope no one ould ever want this kind of life. Yes, I have the power of Internet around, a skill set that I can and am trying to make use of... but they did not realize that it is a greater competition out there on the internet as things are global and not merely confined to a city or locality.
@kalav56 (11496)
I am sorry to read about your poor health. It is very sad when people are confined to their homes for no wish or fault of their own.However, I hope you are better these days. Earning through freelancing and that too via inernet is quite difficult.I would suggest that you do something else also at home based on your skillsets.All the best!
@kalav56 (11496)
THesides! Thank for the BR and wish you good luck .
@hora_fugit (5447)
My thoughts got confounded after reading this whole discussion. Still, I would say I waste my time a lot. That's not because I'm not earning money but because I'm not doing what I aim to. I come to mylot to enjoy, instead I feel guilty. That makes it a waste of time. I sleep late and fail to attend the early morning chorus(mainly classes). A big waste And all this has a simple solution: Organization. In your case, I think people don't really go deep before making comments. They assume, too much. Like one person who always told me I talk nonsense just because I was not talking about their interests. Matter of perspective. A lot of things are now, alas! Do I make any sense? I told you my thoughts got confounded...
@thesids (22219)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi hora I missed you a lot here and it is really great to see your pic back on the response here Exactly the right word here is Perspective. Thanks. This is like seeing the two sides of the coin... some see the heads and others see the tails. So what I see the tails, I know if I can get hold of this I would have the coin. Organization is somewhat I am trying to achieve - I know till now, I have been disorganized here when it comes to completing or finalizing the stuff at hand... But I was never organized my entire life so I understand that this will take time and as I do not have much idea on this, I have to learn all by myself - falling, getting up again and restarting all afresh... going to be time consuming but I have the time and it is being done... Hope my response to your comment is sensible and no, you did not get me confounded...(though I had to search for the meaning of this word on the web lol)
Thanks for the first statement. I thought I had gone to oblivion by now, that nobody will ever miss me again... :S Hmm.. I was commanded to get organized since I started doing my tasks. I never was able to. So at point I accepted I am not made to be ever organized. But a time came when I found this to be wrong. That was the need of the time, I obliged, produced great results (and some self-discipline), and after the time passed reverted back to an unorganized self. I see by wasting my time I am inviting the calamity again. Hopefully that will give me the strength to reform. God will. Happy mylotting
The only time that i consider a waste of time is when i am not productive at all. Sometimes i think i'm wasting time when i'm oversleeping because i am not productive when i'm sleeping and i think that i miss an important happening when i'm oversleeping. Some people believe that when one is not earning, that person is wasting his life or his time. But i agree with you. You are not wasting time when you are happy in what you are doing. You can be productive in that way because you are producing peace of mind, happiness and knowledge too.
@thesids (22219)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi toni Though I am not a medic but from my association with a few over the last 10+ years, I have come to know that you oversleep because your body needs rest and giving rest to your body is essential to safeguard you from other issues - may or may not be health related. Yes, out of these 14 comments that I recieved, most of them (11 I believe) were direct mentions of I should be earning more. They are right and justified but I know my limitations and capacities. I am thankful to the one Above who gave me the capacity and capability to reach where I am today... I started again and here I am... Have a long long way to go and hopefully I will reach there
@kalav56 (11496)
THesids! Regular oversleep can also be caused by laziness and depression. Moreover, the body always gets used to a particular kind of action or inaction. Somepeople are lethargic by nature and they continue to be so.Not all lethargy is caused by health related problems .Many women become horribly fat and this is the cause for it.
@SomeCowgirl (32254)
I think that the only time one can really be wasting time is when they are supposed to be doing something that they are not. But this is only the case,if they do nothing, like sit still and just do nothing, or nap when they aren't tired. I guess what I am trying to say is the only time you are wasting time is when you are intentionally doing so. I have been wasting time, I should be on here more, I need the money. I also should be trying to find a job even harder then I am now, but instead I just sit at home or when I do go out I am going out with friends wasting time and money.
@thesids (22219)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi SomeCowgirl Understood. Yes, I do nothing of this sort and have a routine set of tasks that I follow plus minus a set of notes that depend on my experiences on a particular stuff...(at times I lose a bid and so I make a not of that - why thing) But that is essential isnt it? as you might be aware that it is competetive out here on internet and you have to be on the edges.
@SomeCowgirl (32254)
Yes it is a very competitive world here on the internet, especially with earning. Even so little as getting referrals for sites is competitive, who will get the referrals first. Especially if we're networking it's harder to find referrals that way sometimes. Well I wish you many successes on the online world of making money!
I am not wasting time when i am online because I am doing something. Lik right now i am mylotting so that is doing something I think people shoud mind their own business.
LOL gifts, you tell them all.
@thesids (22219)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Dear Ms GiftsandBags That is something people fail to see and realize at times - I think people shoud mind their own business - Though I understand that some out of these 14 comments were aimed to make me see the reality but I cannot help it as I am still hopeful and willing to fight for many more days before I give up the idea(s) and start going their way
@commanderxo (1494)
Well thesids...I would say, that whomever told you over the course of those 14 times, were the ones who were wasting not only your time, but THEIRS as well, due to the fact that they felt compelled to tell you, you were. Now I ask you, who was wasting who's time? Cheers' commanderxo
@thesids (22219)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi commanderxo These - a few of my friends(who come up only during festive occasions these days), my dad (who is concerned with my illness, and knows my limitations of being forced to stay indoors) and a couple of cousins. I do not have any point of conflict against anyone, and I know that their intentions are to get me kicking and moving ahead better but I think they were not justified to say that I have been wasting my time
Nor do I have any conflict with anyone. However, the fact remains that even just to be able to move just a little, gives evidence that you're moving a lot, and is hardly a waste of time. My hopes to you for a speedy recovery. cdrxo
@jaiho2009 (38988)
hello dear sids Some people also asks what i am doing here (mylot) I said...same thing you are doing with facebook and other social sites,the only difference is...i am earning,money,friends and some peace of mind. I never regretted taking my time sitting in front of my laptop,typing ,reading and inter-acting with friends here in mylot. This is the only way i know where i can express myself freely..yes...as free as a bird,where i could soar high,dream and wish of everything. Okay,i rather consider going to places without purpose,like going out strolling without purpose as a waste of time and money. Of course,not included when my kids asks me to bring them out or going to a friends house...it's never a waste of time for me. My dear bhai,as long as you are happy with what you are doing,it's never a waste of time...never dear
@thesids (22219)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi didi I know the kind of people whom you refer when you say - "...ask... What I am doing here" - I feel they are jealous and the kind of fox who says the grapes are sour just because the fox doesnt get them What you have summed up - is the best for all - as long as you are happy with what you are doing,it's never a waste of time - That is what many people forget that live is to gain some happiness here and there anywhere and anytime
hi thesids yes i have had people say that to me about mylot but no I am gaining knowledge each day, I have made a ton of wonderful friends who have shared their lives with me and bolstered me up when I was down and yes I have made some earnings but they are just the frosting on my mylot cake as its the frienships that have kept me coming back'and the knowledge I have gained from people all over the world this has been and still is priceless, just priceless. thumbs up to mylot.so I sit here and type and have fun and really enjoy myself so no I am not wasting time I am using it wisely j
@thesids (22219)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Dear Ms Hatley I agree with you 100% on this (as on most of other times) True that the gain of friends, knowledge is priceless and cannot be compared with anything else
@mtrguanlao (5526)
Hello Sids! Before I used to play poker on fb as I don't have anything to do during my free time but now that I have online works,I feel it's a waste of time to play it now,lol! Instead of playing might as well do my online works, at least am earning from it. The earnings may not be that big but I'm satisfied doing it,I feel it's worth my time! See yah friend!
@thesids (22219)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi mtr I was sleepy last night but I could not miss out responding to Hora (right below this box as he was away from mylot and returned after a long long time. Sorry if you re-visited here and did not find my response, hope you would not mind it dear) See when you had nothing to do during your free time, you played games online and I think that was not wastage but a way to spend you time relaxing and enjoying... Now when you have work, you focus more on work and so where is the waste? Same for me, I stay away from many websites when I have work at hand, give it top priority (if there is nothing more important at that time) and when I do not have much work load, I enjoy doing the Internet surfing... that should seem ok to all but a few dont just get it
I am always wasting the time in my daily life.even also i don't know how the time was wasting in my life. So i doesn't change these things i don't know what is happening in my life towards my sorrounding i don't want to listen i don't want to educated just sitting lonely in the house according to this after the completion of four years i am at the age of 25 still i am going to join in MBA just i am preparing for that how the time was wasted i never think about my wasting time. See almost all 4 years i wasting my time. I know the meaning of wasting time. Still this time i didn't waste my time.
@thesids (22219)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi jhonnysherlin I dont know much here about your experiences dear... but one thing I would like to share - may not be the correct theory but - During this 4 year period that you mention - didnt you learn anything new? Didnt you do anything that you enjoyed? Didnt you feel yourself? Well if you did anything from the list I mention, think again, it was not a waste of time... It was some knowledge that you acquired, some experience that you gained and who knows this might become handy and useful in your future endeavors...
@sender621 (14932)
Wasting our time is just a matter of opinion. We don't all see wasting time in the same ways. What some may see as a waste of time may be the opposite feeling of someone else. i believe that as long as we are doing something that adds something vavluable to our lives nothing can be a waste of time.
@thesids (22219)
• Bhubaneswar, India
hi sender i believe that as long as we are doing something that adds something valuable to our lives nothing can be a waste of time - exactly my belief... and we must do what we are feeling happy and comfortable doing We cannot change the thoughts of many people around us for sure but stil we can decide what goes best for us as long as we are not committing anything illegal or something of that type
@topffer (41776)
• France
Hello thesids, It is difficult to respond without knowing the context : 14 times in 4 days. Are you deaf or something like this ? Personally I never judge a friend or a relationship, and I expect the same from them, though I accept gladly their remarks, but once is enough. I spend a lot of time in my life to acquire a knowledge that seems useless to many, because I do not earn a lot of money with it. When I discover something new I enjoy to share it, but I know that, most of the time, when I write an article for a specialized review, I will be read and understood by ten or twenty persons working in the same domain, and that it will take years to be accepted and admitted by a larger public. I do not care about people saying that I am wasting my time. What I do brings me maybe not happiness but a personal satisfaction that is invaluable. Today, I am old enough to know that I have made the good choice for me, and it is enough to be in peace with my mind. To be acknowledged or not by others has no importance when you are sure that you are doing right. Have a good day.
@thesids (22219)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi topffer Maybe yes, I am deaf, blind and many other things too when people say such things without getting into the realities that I am facing. What do they expect from a guy aged 36 who is not allowed to move out of home? They dont share or come to me when I am low or even when I am in need of real people around... but here they were... showing me my faults (as per them) so what else could I do? pay attention to their crap or better act as deaf and dumb? Sorry, I got too emotional here.... I spend a lot of time in my life to acquire a knowledge that seems useless to many, because I do not earn a lot of money with it. Yes, we do not make money unless we implement this knowledge that we gain... But it is better to arm us with this knowledge so that we can make use of it at the time of need... I weigh personal satisfaction far more than making or better minting money
@megamatt (14318)
I have come to a conclusion after many years. That conclusion is that there is no such thing is wasted time. One person might think that one thing is a waste of time but others would think that same thing is extremely productive and grand, something to behold. Therefore, nothing that we can do, really can in fact be a waste of time for sure. Sure many of the things that we do, some people might be baffled as to why we do them. Therefore, since they do not understand why someone would want to do something like that, they are going to dub such a thing to be a waste of time. However, just because they think that it is waste of time, it does not make it true. If it is something that you can get some enjoyment out of then no time is wasted. In fact, many could argue that the tedious and often redundant process of just living is a waste of time, but that is just absurd. Therefore as far as I am concerned, nothing is a waste of time.
@thesids (22219)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi megamatt Thanks for understanding my point of difference and sharing your thoughts here. I love the way I am doing the things and that yes, that love makes me going and happy. Therefore as far as I am concerned, nothing is a waste of time
@thanks1961 (7041)
Hi Sid, Well, 14 people reminded about the importance of time, is it what should I understand? I think in fact we can assess the value of our time in real terms with money. Any passerby can pass their comment and go away, but we need to assess how much it weights. Some time it has much value and many times, there isn’t. If you feel that the time you spend is worth for what you doing, then other’s words has no importance. When I am in office, my chargeability is Rs 2500/- per hr. and when I am out of office and just walking and trying to get a place in a train, I think my hourly chargeability is just ‘0’. So, the value of time where we are spending is suitable to what we are doing, then there is no question, we are worth to it. I think most of the people must have commented because of law earning potential from myLot only. I know if I spend an average 4-5 hrs. daily and continue to a maximum of one month, I could earn Rs 500-600, where was if we spend this much time for something else, we can earn more than that. Perhaps, people commented only money terms and other aspects they must have ignored or they didn’t valued it. However, if you find your time is not getting wasted, ignore about other people’s comments. Because anyone can comment as and how they want. If we consider others voice, it should be matching with our views and if it doesn’t, better to ignore otherwise we may lose our peace of mind. Regards, Thank-s
@thesids (22219)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi brother Good to see you back again. Yes, I understand that they all are speaking about the Monetary Value of time... But why has it to be that way? I mean cannot any one think beyond money and income and have a time for his own? I think, I am not investing much time on making money yes, that can be one of the reasons, but I would say that I have been trying and it is quite a competetive world out there on the Internet. Success would follow or not I am not sure but I am trying. I am learning from my mistakes that I did on the freelance sites and even elsewhere... But that learning is now my advantage... so where is the waste of time?
@ladygator (3468)
I often think that I am wasting time by being on the internet. But that is not really the case since I am happy when I am on the computer. I think realistically I am actually wasting time when I am doing things that I am not truly happy doing and my heart is not being put into it. Also I think that when I cook things that I think are special or really healthy for my family and then they just dont eat it. That is pretty upsetting and waiting in line anywhere.
I don't consider it wasting time, but I'll spend big chucks of time just reading or surfing web. I've got to have something to do that helps me relax, and I love to read.