Just changed the sheets on the bed

One of the a-hole cats peed on the bed today. Luckily it just went onto the quilt and didn't get to the mattress which would have been a true disaster. Still, that is unacceptable behavior. I'm pretty sure I know which one it was. My almost 14 year old female who we have caught peeing on the bed before. She is going to have to spend more time outside if she keeps this stuff up. So I stripped the bed, washed the sheets, and remade the bed. I guess the bonus out of this is that I'll be sleeping in a freshly made bed tonight. I always love that.
@louievill (22950)
I think male cats have more tendency to pee since they mark their territory but since she's already 14 and has done it in the past, then its probably her. Yes i would let her spend more time out like my cat who poops under our bed, the odor is already terrible and finding where it is coming from is another
I can't lie and hope you don't be upset with me. I would also put the cat out for that. The odor would be horrendous in your mattress. We have a rabbit and pepper will use her litter box or the floor. But If she ever pissed on my furniture I would not take that. It's ok for an accident to happen. But issue that cost me an arm and leg you need to go. You could put your mattress in a mattress bag. It''s about $13 here if you like one and can't find it and live in the U.s I could get you one.
She likes to be outside which is a good thing. I wouldn't just throw her outside for the issue without trying to resolve it other ways if she wasn't such a fan of being outside.
@NJChicaa That is good. I would agree. I think they belong in the wild as they like to be free. mama would not stay inside unless she was having her litter. man she bust screen after screen to get out there. till one day she was hit by a car. We had to take her to the shelter then. Poor her.
@sharon6345 I'm a crazy cat lady. I do the very best for the cats that I have that I can.
• Denver, Colorado
That happens to us periodically. It's a drag.
@TheSojourner (22651)
I do not miss the days when I had pets that did things like that.
@quantum2020 (10761)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
Something possitive resulted from the cat insident. Have a good night
I love my animals but NO NO NO and no they cannot go in my room, I really let them live outside but I am deep South so they are warm.