Late Night ... Early Morning

Green Bay, Wisconsin
There is nothing new about an early morning for me. However, my not getting to sleep until close to midnight, yeah, that's new. It hasn't happened in a long time. I've had some sleepless nights, and I didn't go to sleep when I went to bed at 8:30, but to go to bed late, to begin with, 10:30 and then not be able to sleep until midnight, that's not common. So, what was the reason? I blame it completely on Thread of Evidence. I spent most of my day working on my book, making it the best it can be. When I went to bed, my brain was still active, but in another way. One of the chapters has a poem, and not just any type of poem, a limerick. Now, mind you I don't write limericks often. Seldom, as most of my poems are four line rhymes. Not this one. I had a verse in the poem, I wasn't happy with. The rhyme was off for the first, second, and fifth lines. The middle was great. However, it's almost impossible to rhyme the word shout, which I needed to do. Last night, as I lay in bed the verse started going through my mind, and I started correcting it, and I knew I needed to get up and write it down. Okay, did that. However, I still wasn't satisfied. Now, if you know me, and you know my username, just 4 him, all my writing is for my God. That's who I write for, and He's the one in control of the pen in my hand. It was God who kept me awake, giving me the words to the poem, the last and final verse, yet unwritten in the book, so I was up once more, writing it down, and then I turned on the computer, found the chapter, corrected the verses that had changed, and added the last verse to the poem. It's an awesome poem. One of my best. I'll place that one next to my 9/11 tribute God's Tears. I don't even know if I have a title for it. I should probably do that. Anyway, as I got back to bed, I asked God to get me up at 4 this morning. I opened my eyes at 4:02. Close enough. I took my medication, did my Bible Study, took care of my notifications, and ate before leaving for church. Right now, I'm still wide awake with less than 5 hours of sleep. The Packers game against the Redskins begins in a few minutes, and I have my lunch ready to eat. So, for now, I'm going to post this and go watch the game. I will return. How are you spending the day? Thanks for reading
@Elizaby (5010)
• Pensacola, Florida
Just back from shopping at Walmart and planning on going outside for a few minutes to the outdoor swing (which is my prayer chapel) before getting the spaghetti sauce going for dinner tonight.
That sounds like a great place to have a prayer chapel. Spaghetti sounds good for supper.
@Elizaby (5010)
• Pensacola, Florida
@just4him It is and I enjoying listening to the birds sing praises to God
@Elizaby That has to be an awesome experience.
Just about time to head to a wedding. I am kind of over weddings at this point, but sometimes ya just have to go.
Oh boy. Molly must be in a snit because not only isn't she the flower girl, but she's being left at home. Have fun at the wedding.
@just4him The wedding was lovely, but we declined the reception invitation. Receptions really do require more energy than we have these days.
@Corbin5 Yeah, they're more for younger people. I'm glad it was a lovely wedding.
@JustBhem (55742)
• Davao, Philippines
Nothing special for me today. I was having a hard time breathing and thank God the boyfriend was here to keep me calm.
I'm glad he was there.
@JustBhem (55742)
• Davao, Philippines
@just4him Yes, me too.
Pssst thank God for the suggestions and next time just ask him 'hey can I just get some sleep from you this time and not so many ideas?'
That would be nice. I'm glad it doesn't happen often. Some of my best work has been done at 3 in the morning or the middle of the night.
It's amazing what sometimes comes to you in the middle of the night. Glad you got to sleep eventually.
Yes, it is. I'm glad I did too. I went to bed early last night with no nap yesterday.
Wasn't feeling the best, but I am better. Glad you got your poem straightened out. Enjoy the game.
The game was a bust. Thank you. I'm glad it's fixed too.
My best thoughts for writing come around 3a.m in the morning, so my notepad and pen sleep beside me. I am glad you got that poem the way you want it.
I agree. Sometimes that's the best time to write.