Take Those Old Records Off the Shelf

@irishidid (8707)
My son came home with a box full of records. A lot of religious ones because the person (horder) was religious, but there were some that made me light up. A couple of Beatle Albums that I remember my sisters having when we were younger. Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass. A couple of Elvis records We separated out the ones we wanted. The religious ones are going bye bye. Not that I have anything against gospel music and if there had been any Andre Crouch in the bunch, I would have snagged it. A lot of Bill Gaither Trio records. We are keeping the religious Elvis one though. The record player is coming tomorrow, which hasn't been used for a long time so it may not work. Told my son its been years since I had to blow the dust off the needle.
@myklj999 (58116)
• Olney, Illinois
As you can see, I approve 100%...not that you need my approval of course, but... I've got 6 turntables (5 working) that have to be hooked to a receiver to use, and a pair of working console stereos...overkill, perhaps.
@irishidid (8707)
LOL Well better than not having any!
@myklj999 (58116)
• Olney, Illinois
@irishidid If people keep giving me stuff I'll have to end up buying a house to keep it all in lol
@irishidid (8707)
@myklj999 Unfortunately we discovered one of the Beatles albums is slightly warped on the edge. Not sure it's fixable. Worse part is, it was their first album. Plays okay in the middle though.
• Israel
@irishidid Enjoy listening to the ones you like. I like them too.
@debjani1 (7343)
Yeah go through the favourite.
• Israel
@debjani1 ok if you say so.
@debjani1 (7343)
@Hannihar thank you so that you can enjoy more.
@Starmaiden (8828)
I remember my brother and I having to share the record player...and the records.
@irishidid (8707)
We had a bunch of 45 records when I was a kid. My sisters and I used to listen to them all the time.
@debjani1 (7343)
Wow! What a beautiful experience.
@jobelbojel (24484)
Do you have Amy Grant's album in the stuff you are taking out?
@irishidid (8707)
No