It’s a Very Sad Day for Me

In a few minutes we have to drive my brother and sister-in-law to the airport. On Thursday we will drive our other sister-in-law to the airport. The “season” is over. Normally, we’d be flying back north, too, but not anymore. We became residents of Florida and will remain here until June 6th. alone and without family, before flying to our vacation home up north. Fortunately, we have friends who live in Florida. My best friend will be flying down to her condo in a few weeks, and we already made plans to see each other. Time to leave to get my brother and his wife. I will see you all later for some cheering up. It’s a very sad day, indeed.
@1hopefulman (42777)
We'll (some of us) be here every day, in any kind of weather to share your joys and sadness!
That never even entered my mind! Thanks, Felix!
@1hopefulman (42777)
@DianneN You have more friends than you know!
So glad you have friends in Florida. Seeing your best friend is something to look forward to. It is hard to say goodbye to family members who must return to their own homes.
My eyes are swollen from crying so much. It's a very lonely feeling and now, I am really counting the days to return up north. Friends are wonderful, but there is nothing like family. Thanks, Deb.
@sofssu (23203)
I hope that you will feel better tomorrow.
Thanks. Perhaps I will by the weekend. lol
All good things must come to an end. However, I'm sure you have a lot of cherished memories. You'll also see them again in a few months. I'm glad you have friends coming to help keep you company until you return to your vacation home. The snowbirds are returning north here too. I saw one at the pool yesterday, another today, and soon the last one I know of should be returning to the pool. I heard she's on her way.
Thanks, Val. I'm sure we will find things to do to bide our time. This will be our first time staying until June. The locals say it's much better when the snowbirds leave - less traffic, easier to get restaurant reservations, etc. We will try to keep busy and then, there's always myLot!
@DianneN That's good it gets easier there after the snowbirds leave. Yes, myLot helps.
@simone10 (30714)
I didn't now that you moved to Florida permanently. I don't blame you because I would do the same if I could. I hate the cold weather. I'm sorry that everyone is leaving. Hopefully it won't be long until you see them again
We are Florida residents due to the high Connecticut state income taxes. We just need to stay in Florida for at least 6 months and 1 day. We have driver licenses, voter registration cards, a beach decal, library cards, declaration of domicile, and homesteader paperwork as proof. Our only problem may be that our home in CT is worth much more than our condo, but we will see if the state picks on us. We do love it here and the great weather. Thank you, Sharon. My brother and his wife were very sad to leave, too.
@simone10 (30714)
@DianneN I want to move to Florida so bad but we can't because of my brothers job.
@simone10 Perhaps he could find a job here in Paradise???? I hear ya. Maybe when he retires you can both come to FL.
@thelme55 (19242)
I can feel how you feel. It is always sad to say goodbye to those friends and relatives we love. Every time I am in this situation, I try not to cry. Instead, I tell myself and others to be happy to look forward to the next time we see each other again.
You've been through it very often. I like your philosophy. Thanks for that, Thelma.
@thelme55 (19242)
@DianneN yes, I am and I don't like that feeling. You are welcome Dianne. I just try to be positive in a negative situation of being left behind or to leave someone behind.
Gosh, that was quick - it seems like they just got there! Hope they have a safe trip back! Ah, so you have a couple more months . . . I am very, very sure you will have no problem occupying yourself in FL - you have friends there or coming to visit and you're always meeting people too !
I feel the same way. Time is flying here for sure. My brother and his wife landed safely and should be at their house in a few minutes. Yay! One less thing for me to worry about. Yes, this will be our first time ever staying until June. We used to visit for my April school vacations mid-April and the weather was always wonderful. I'll see how it is in May. We do have a few close friends in the building and several that live in surrounding towns full time. I definitely will have more time for myLotting!
@DianneN Now you can plan your next time together . Something to look forward to! Yah, this is a long stretch in FL this time. Surely it will be just as lovely in the late Spring/ early Summer. So is it going to be like this every year from now on, or just this year for establishing residency? When summer hits, I'll probably have even less time to myLot .
@much2say It will be like this from December to June every year. I should be happy since I love it here so much, but next year, we will have more freedom to travel and visit the kids - IF it's not too cold.
Awww, there is always the telephone and facetime. Hopefully it will be just a short time before you all meet again.
Just a mere 2 months and 4 days. But who's counting? lol
@DianneN You are!!!. You will get busy and it will fly by..
@snowy22315 My pickleball partner is leaving in two weeks to return to Pennsylvania, and I haven't even had a free Thursday to play with her once. I just realized that I better text her to cancel this Thursday. We have to drive our other sis-in-law to the airport. Thanks for the laugh. I needed it badly!
Just think that you will enjoy the wonderful Florida climate
That is helping, and so was a phone call from our younger son.
@LeaPea2417 (25637)
• Toccoa, Georgia
At least you all get together and make great memories.
Thanks for that! It's so true. Hopefully, we will make many more.
Sad to see them go but knowing you it won't stop you from enjoying the rest of your time in Florida. June will be here before you know it.
You are right. They landed safely, so I feel a bit better now. It's always difficult to say goodbye to Florida, too, although I'm counting the days.
Awww, maybe next time they'll be able to stay longer.
They did stay over one month, but she had to return to work. My brother is thinking of selling his house and moving here permanently. We will see.
Wouldn't that be wonderful @DianneN ?
@rebelann Yes, it would! How are you doing? You must be busy with real life.
@DianneN I am so sorry. I know how much you loved having them there with you.
You are right and thank you. They were sad to leave, too.
@DianneN I bet they were. Now, you have to wait till June to see them again. That is hard.
@Hannihar It's tough, but if we keep busy, the time will fly by.
@oahuwriter (7984)
There will be another family reunion in the future won't they, but I know it's sad when the vacation is over and everyone is leaving and you're staying. You got friends and soon enough it will be Thanksgiving and Christmas, New Years too when family gather for a long celebration.
Thank you! You are right.
@DianneN Hang in there! Have a wonderful weekend!
@oahuwriter Thanks so much! The same to you, Krissttina!
@LowRiderX (10815)
• Serbia
Do not be sad, you will see it again
Thanks! I'm feeling somewhat better now.
@LowRiderX (10815)
• Serbia
@DianneN I'm glad to hear that
@LowRiderX Thanks so much!
@nela13 (21993)
• Portugal
Ohhh, I understand you, it is always so difficult for me to everytime my sister goes back to mozambique after her holidays. What comforts me is knowing that she is well and we can talk everytime we want, but we always miss the physical presence of the other.
You do understand! It's that physical presence that I miss, too. I feel a bit better knowing he and our sis-in-law have safely landed and are home now. Thank you!!!
@nela13 (21993)
• Portugal
@DianneN Glad they arrived home safely. June will be here sooner than you think
@nela13 Thank you! Our time is flying by!!!!!!
I am hoping you are going to be fine until they visit again.
Thanks! I'm much better today.
@DianneN That is good. enjoy your night You are welcome.
@sharon6345 Thanks, Sharon
@garymarsh6 (18272)
Wow good on you! Nice warm and cosy down in the heat of Florida. At least you have June to look forward to. You know the saying Absence makes the heart grow fonder. They will look forward to your return in June! Safe trip to the airport!
It's so odd seeing you here instead of at work.. Thanks, Gary!
@garymarsh6 (18272)
@DianneN My wife asked me half an hour ago if I was enjoying retirement. I peered over the top of my glasses and asked her are you kidding me you have not let me stop working since I finished on Friday! At this rate I might beg them to take me back!
@CarolDM (32311)
Sorry they are leaving but you have the birds and the dinners and the friends and the sunshine. Try to enjoy what you can.
Thanks, Carol. I do feel a bit better now that they've safely landed and are minutes from home.
@CarolDM (32311)
@DianneN I am glad. Now try to enjoy some sunshine.
@wolfgirl569 (17844)
• Marion, Ohio
You will soon be busy again.
It's not the same.
@wolfgirl569 (17844)
• Marion, Ohio
@DianneN Only a few more months. Then you will be back north counting down heading south
@wolfgirl569 You are definitely correct!