Weather this weekend.

@garymarsh6 (17687)
United Kingdom
The weekend forecast for us is that it is going to be raining and windy. Last evening I was talking to Gilly who said that it had been raining and very windy. She only lives about 20 miles from where I live. The weather in my town was quite lovely yesterday. It was sunny all day and I was wearing shorts and T Shirt. I went out in the afternoon and it was sunny. She did not believe me. The town where I live has its own micro weather system so around the town it can be quite horrible weather wise but in the town centre it can be a completely different story. Often our town is the warmest place in the UK. Last summer for example we had unusually very hot weather and the temperature reach 35C it was really too hot for us Brits. We did get some rain last night and the winds got up during the evening. I reminded Gilly of a saying we have here. The sun only shines on the righteous! Gilly must be quite naughty! The most amazing blue skies I have ever seen were in Egypt. There was not a whisp of cloud in the sky at all. This photo is of one of the temples with the blue sky above it. It is strange that a couple of miles can be so different weather wise.
@Gillygirl (29857)
• Sutton, England
Hello my name is Gilly And you are very naughty In fact you're rather silly And I am proud and haughty Lol you wore those shorts to re capture your youth and pretend you have good pair of pins. It is taters out there and I am going back to my bed for a while.
@garymarsh6 (17687)
Haha I was in M&S a few years ago weighted down with shopping in both hands and my shorts fell down to my feet. A lady was in front of me. I told her there you go I just made your day! I was dying of embarrassment!
@Gillygirl (29857)
• Sutton, England
@garymarsh6 This could only happen to you Gary. My drawers fell down in Wallington High Street. I was with a couple of friends late at night. There was a bloke on the other side of the road staring. I stepped out of them and waved them at him.
@DaddyEvil (26961)
• Aurora, Missouri
Exactly how cold was it, Gillian? O M G! Have you no shame, woman?
• Pamplona, Spain
Sort of like on one side of the street yesterday it was quite cold and yet on the other side it was nice and warm and sunny. I kept on the sunny side.
@garymarsh6 (17687)
Its always so much better on the sunny side of the street unless it is too hot then stay in the shadows!
• Pamplona, Spain
@garymarsh6 About June if the weather stay as predictable like it is we will be on the shady side of the street instead.
@xFiacre (7421)
@garymarsh6 Quite often it’s raining at the front of our house and dry out the back. Some weird weather line seems to run through our house.
@garymarsh6 (17687)
Haha yes I have seen that here too. Out front it is raining but at the back it is not. Bizarre isnt it sometimes you feel like pinching yourself to see if it real!
@Gillygirl (29857)
• Sutton, England
@garymarsh6 I've had that happen before too. Btw lovely photo.
The weather in our area is pretty consistent.
@garymarsh6 (17687)
Apart from the smog or have they sorted that out yet?
@garymarsh6 Smog is essentially a thing of the past for a long time.
@garymarsh6 (17687)
@JohnRoberts Brilliant I am pleased!
@Morleyhunt (20460)
Yesterday it didn't rain....the only day in a week. Our province is experiencing their "normal" spring flooding...snowmelt plus rain. The excessive rain is causing the flooding to be worse than usual.
@garymarsh6 (17687)
OH dear I hope everyone is safe!
@Morleyhunt (20460)
@garymarsh6 so far no fatalities or injuries caused by the flooding...but I question why it's taken so many years for them to decide that maybe they shouldn't issue any more building permits for this flood prone area. Also why they didn't build the highway above the 100 year flood level. The distances one must drive to avoid the flooded (main) highway are measured in hours...no miles.
@garymarsh6 (17687)
@Morleyhunt Must have a special degree in stupidity like they do in England letting them build houses on the flood plains then wondering why the houses get flooded ! Numbskulls Morley!!!
Our village is the warmest place in this area during winter. Yesterday there was a hail storm at the back of the house, but no hail on the front, it was weird. Also the Moroccan sky is beautiful, I have great memories of Morocco.
@garymarsh6 (17687)
Probably looks beautiful Anna. Tis approaching the season for storms!
@garymarsh6 July and August are the worst months for storms, but sometimes the summer thunderstorms are beautiful.
@simone10 (29212)
I would have loved to go to Egypt and see this! I hated history in school but love it now.
@garymarsh6 (17687)
I have always been interested in history and geography. So I am visiting places that I dreamt about as a child. Tutankhamun came to England when I was a kid I begged my father to take me to London to see it but he would not as there were mile long queues every day to get in to see it. I vowed then I would see it myself one day. I did eventually and I am so grateful that I had the chance.
@simone10 (29212)
@garymarsh6 I think its great that you are able to travel and see the things you do.
@jonnyjoe (227)
• Nigeria
These different weather conditions at same place are part of the beauty of nature and cause that calls for study.
@garymarsh6 (17687)
Nature is certainly beautiful but unpredictable!
@Janet357 (16232)
Beautiful sky indeed, but for those who live in the tropics, they dont like this anymore. For cold countries like england, this is a beautiful weather.
@garymarsh6 (17687)
Thankfully we are coming into summer now something to look forward to!
@Nevena83 (26498)
• Serbia
We just had storms with ice, rain and thunder here. The photo is beautiful.
@garymarsh6 (17687)
Thank you. I loved the blue skies especially after dull England.
@Nevena83 (26498)
• Serbia
@garymarsh6 I always like to lay on the grass and watch the sky.
@garymarsh6 (17687)
@Nevena83 Yes and try to guess what the clouds look like!
That is a lovely photo. The blue is gorgeous. We can have rain in our Chicago suburb but no rain a few suburbs away.
@garymarsh6 (17687)
The weather can be so bizarre can't it.
@garymarsh6 Yes, sometimes the weather is all over the place in a week's time.
We have the same crazy weather in Florida. We can see it rain on one side of the street and have sunshine on the other. I remember that temple in Egypt. It was very beautiful and blue sky worthy!
@garymarsh6 (17687)
I loved visiting the temples and we had a great time there. Tutankarmun was stunning!
@garymarsh6 King Tut's empty tomb or the wonderful display at the Egyptian Museum? It's so good seeing more of you these days!!!!! I hope you are loving your retirement so far.
@bunnybon7 (40618)
• Holiday, Florida
it is. When we had the hurricane a little over a year ago. Where we lived in Port richey ,Florida we had hardly no flooding and no loss of power till next day for 8 hrs. 2 miles down the road, power loss for 4 to 5 days, and terrible flooding in all the houses. Love that photo. thanks
@garymarsh6 (17687)
Thank goodness it was short lived where you live. It is suprising how we rely so much on modern comforts!
@bunnybon7 (40618)
• Holiday, Florida
@garymarsh6 yes it is
@LowRiderX (9183)
• Serbia
It seems that the rain and wind has caught the whole of Europe.
@garymarsh6 (17687)
Yes in some places some flooding. I hope it is nice and calm in Serbia with plenty of sunshine and blue skies!
@LowRiderX (9183)
• Serbia
@garymarsh6 No, we also have rain these days (until Friday) and temperature drop, but I do not mind, I even like it, I love the rain
It is getting warmer here by the day. Storm is predicted in some States. A clear blue sky is not a common sight.
@garymarsh6 (17687)
Our skies are generally grey so any time it is blue is a blessing!
If your weather blows across the Atlantic, I predict more cool and unsettled weather in your future.
@garymarsh6 (17687)
And often it does. It starts off in the USA then comes and belts the hell out of Ireland which tends to buffer the really bad weather.