Today's (Friday) Adventures: Shopping!

@kareng (11860)
Hello MyLotters! I hope you all had a fantastic Friday! As I told you earlier, I decided to have a little retail therapy today and headed to the Mall and then got my grocery shopping done. What did I find? What did I learn? Let's start with the first question! My goal today was to find some new shorts and a new pair of jeans for myself. I had a big strike on the shorts, but scored on the jeans. I also found birthday presents for my two granddaughters. My oldest who is 6 told me last week that we needed to go shopping. I asked her what for and she said that she needed a new dress. She is an outdoor kind of girl and a bit of a tomboy, but she loves her dresses. This is quite interesting since they wear uniforms to school. So I decided that both girls will get a new dress for their birthday. My German Shepard also scored with a new stuffed squeaky toy and big chew toy. These were both on sale and cost me less than $10 for both of them! This was a nice find at a super good price. Next I went to knock out the grocery shopping and I planned on going to Lowes to see if they still had any more Daylilies on sale. But, I was so tired and hungry after leaving the grocery store that I just headed on back home. What I learned was to not schedule a mall trip and grocery shopping in one day. Gee, what was I thinking??!! How was your Friday? Did you do anything fun?
I didn't do much last Friday, I just had my cooking teacher over and we made hard boiled eggs, The first few i peeled were a bit messy but the rest turned out great! I am sorry you were so tired after all that shopping. I usually don't go to the mall unless absolutely necessary, i hate malls but adore grocery shopping!
@kareng (11860)
I'm not much on mall shopping either. I only go when I have to have something and the best choices of stores are there. I have friends that go just to be going. Nah, not me.
@kareng I could not imagine going to the mall just to go. i hate shopping but do love grocery shopping a lot! I love when i get to go to Wal Mart to grocery shop once a month, The rest of the time i go to one of two local grocery stores and enjoy those two stores, too
@kareng (11860)
@Marty1 I used to not mind grocery shopping years ago. Now it is just something else that has to be done. It's tiring and that is the main reason I don't care for it anymore. Aging sucks!
• Agra, India
That would have been really hectic. But whem it comes to shopping I'm always very happy.
@kareng (11860)
I too, love to shop. Don't we all? I have to have a reason to go first. I don't just go to the mall for the heck of it.
• Agra, India
@kareng yes...even I hate to go for window shopping
@kareng (11860)
@amitkokiladitya I really don't like window shopping. If you don't have the money to buy, don't waste your time looking and drooling.
@wolfgirl569 (15620)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad you got some good deals. I went to the auction yesterday.
@kareng (11860)
I need to check out the Trade Days at Tractor Supply. I always get the Saturday mixed up or have other plans on that day.
@wolfgirl569 (15620)
• Marion, Ohio
@kareng I havent heard of ours doing that. But I know some others do.
@kareng (11860)
@wolfgirl569 Call the store or ask the next time you are there. Most of them do it from what I understand.
@Mulidi (1655)
• Cruz Bay, Virgin Islands (U.S.)
Nothing was up.I always separate grocery shopping and clothes shopping because I hate up and down movement
@kareng (11860)
I will remember for future. It was just too long of a day and on my feet too long. I planned to have lunch out but opted to just go home.
@Mulidi (1655)
• Cruz Bay, Virgin Islands (U.S.)
@kareng it sound like your're tired
@kareng (11860)
@Mulidi I was and I'm always forgetting that I can't do as much as I used to. Getting old sucks ;)
@LindaOHio (4406)
I'm glad you had some retail therapy. No sandals either? My Friday was OK. Nothing fun.
@kareng (11860)
Nope, guess that means another trip to the mall. I didn't go to the shoe store there, just the department store I was shopping in. I will have to keep my eyes open.
@LindaOHio (4406)
@kareng I do all of my shopping online. I hate going to the mall!
Glad you found some jeans. I really need a new pair too.
@kareng (11860)
Hopefully, next week I will find some shorts. It's getting hot here :)
My day was crazy and I dont even wanna talk about it. I am glad you got out to look and shop.
@kareng (11860)
@andriaperry I'm sorry you had a bad day. I think I need to do that little run away alone at least once a month. However, coming off the cold and winter, I stay home and play hermit. I hate winters.