It's a boy

@garymarsh6 (17937)
United Kingdom
Well you have all probably heard by now that The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have had a little boy. He was born yesterday morning at O5:30. It was not announced until much later in the day probably so that it could coincide with America waking up to the news. As per Royal protocol a declaration was printed and put out in front of Buckingham palace yesterday afternoon after Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex made an announcement and said he will be introduced to the world in a couple of days. I see today there are already ridiculous conspiracy theories banging on the internet saying that they baby has not been born. Some people really do have nothing better to do with their time than cause potential upset. It makes you wonder why these inadequate people do such things. This new baby is currently 7th in line to the throne. I spent some time this morning trying to sort out my Esta with the American Embassy. I had completed all the documentation over the weekend but it would not accept any payments. It has been a bank holiday weekend so I guess they would not process this during the weekend. When I loggedon this morning and put in my identification number it accepted my payment. Around 3 hours later my Esta was issued so now I can proceed with my holiday to New York in ten days time. I have been a general taxi service today takiing my wife to the dentist then picking up our friend to take her to the dentist. Then pick them both up after they had lunch and then later to take them shopping. Finaly taking our friend home again. She lives around 10 miles away in another town. My daughter and husband popped in for lunch and cue devil child smiled at me then when I said hello she howled with real tears this time too! Lordy lord. So now I have finally sat down and hopefully I won't be disturbed for the rest of the evening. It has been a pretty full on day. Hope your day has not been as frenetic?
@Gillygirl (31139)
• Sutton, England
Some people are so pathetic in spreading scurrilous lies around. So New York! Crikey you are having a ball in your retirement. Me wants to go there. Sounds like you need a break now after that chasing of visas and being a taxi driver. My day has been nice and quiet.
@garymarsh6 (17937)
Well I have not quite had a quiet day yet since retiring and early on I was begining to wish I was still at work. Things are settling down and will settle even more next month when my wife goes away for three months Hallelujah!
@Gillygirl (31139)
• Sutton, England
@garymarsh6 You are naughty and you had that lovely cruise to Norway.
@garymarsh6 (17937)
@Gillygirl Haha I will be able to do my own thing cook what I want, eat what I want. Bliss! My daughter and I used to love it because as soon as we dropped her at the airport we would go straight to the supermarket and buy beef and all kinds of things except chicken which we lived on! It's wonder we don't cluck or sprout feathers!
You and your Royal Family! They cost the British taxpayer a lot of money but then they bring some of it back via the tourists.
@garymarsh6 (17937)
They actually cost the tax payer not as much as you think because all the monies from the Royal Estates are poured back into the treasury so in fact the Queen contributes to the exchequer far more than she receives. Prince Charles and the Duchy of Cornwall also pays huge amounts into the treasury too. Tourism brings in millions of pounds to the economy. As you well know the pomp and ceremony in London alone attracts millions each year. All need feeding and watering. Transportation, lodging etc etc. which brings in lots of £££££££££££££££££ In comparison The bilions of Dollars it costs to maintain the president of the US and to run the US Whitehouse and maintaining of their properties, security and for the former Presidents are like an ocean in comparison to the little pond we have here! .
@garymarsh6 I believe you. You are the expert. It doesn't concern me, though. The Germans are modest and the salary our head of state gets is ridiculous compared with other countries. The head of state - the President - is not Mrs Merkel, btw. She is the head of the government which is a different thing. The present head of state is called Steinmeier. A President's term lasts five years. His function is similar to the Queen's, namely to represent the country.
@garymarsh6 (17937)
@MALUSE Yes I am aware of the set up of your president and Mrs Merkels position. Today Prince Charles met Mr Steinmeier in Berlin! I think the last one was a Mr Guck The difference is the Queens term is for life! and is the longest reigning monarch.
Many here opt out of owning vehicles as they do not want to play the role of a taxi driver.
@garymarsh6 (17937)
That's the trouble I am at the beck and call of anyone who wants a lift here or there! Perhaps I should get rid of the car!
@garymarsh6 Here it is no problem not owning a vehicle but not so where you live. You may as well paint your car yellow and black (lol)
@garymarsh6 (17937)
@allknowing I think this is more appropriate don't you!
What are your plan in NY there.Hope you get to see some wonderful shows there. This the first time in the USA
@garymarsh6 (17937)
@amadeo I have been to the USA many times and New York several times. We wanted to do a transatlantic Cruise on the Queen MaryII. When they offered a return on the QMII for just £100 it was a no brainer to turn it into a two week cruise Usually you stay for around 3 days and they fly you back. SO it was a no brainer really because it cost £1900 to go to NY and £100 to come back on her! Hopefully we will see plenty of shows on the ship. Plus lots of other entertainment not to mention the Balls and Gala nights, So in fact we will only be in NY for 7 hours!
@garymarsh6 sounds fun there.Good for you to get out and enjoy life.I do envy you believe me
You have been very busy regarding your stint as a general taxi service. Hopefully, one fine day your granddaughter will become Grandpa's best buddy.
@garymarsh6 (17937)
Funnily enough my daughter and her husband said the same thing. They said you know she will adore you once she gets out of this habit! Great Minds Deborah!
@nomus24g (28330)
Media needs something to add on to their own bits to spice it up...
@garymarsh6 (17937)
You are not wrong there!
Oh my day was hardly relaxing..I will talk about it tomorrow after everything has been situated. I am having a bit of Vodka this afternoon, as I certainly deserve it!
@garymarsh6 (17937)
A wise choice. Enjoy and chill out! Although I must admit I have not had a drink for quite some time. It just does not appeal to me as much as it once did!
My day started off great and just keeps getting better-- paid bills that needed to be paid and all was cleared ! Now I am just waiting for the sun to peek out of these immense clouds so I can get some photos of the flora with sunshine. If that does not happen, I do have other projects to get too before the weekend. Have a great day and thanks for the update
@garymarsh6 (17937)
We have mixed weather today although no rain there were plenty of clouds, some sun and more clouds. A patchy cloud day today. I hope the sun comes out for you! Over all it has been a good day for me too and I am pleased it is for you!
I hope you were able to relax after your long day.
I hope that you were able to enjoy the rest of your evening
We didn't have a frenetic day at all really apart from trying to get the three-point linkage blade attached to the tractor. Then more dramas trying to get it off again. It's worse than backing the caravan into the shed.