Do you like to read?

@kareng (10905)
I know we have several MyLotters with freelance writing backgrounds and novelists here, so it is obvious that we like to write. Do you like to read too? I have mentioned that I read every night or morning when I go to bed, no matter the time. It can be midnight or 2 am and I'm still going to pick up the book that I'm currently reading and get a little reading in. I consider this my time to wind down. This works for me. It is relaxing. I enjoy it and eventually I get sleepy. Sometimes I will read for an hour or longer and other times it only takes a page or two or chapter or two. I know when it is time to put the book down. My eyes start to droop. I was wondering who else here loves to read? What is your reding material of choice? Online news? A good book? Magazines? Photo credit: Pixaby, public domain.
@kareng I love to read. I do not read as much as I would like to. I like to read paperback books.
@kareng (10905)
I read just about every night before bed. It is my wind down :)
@kareng That is great.
@kareng (10905)
@Mulidi (1418)
• Cruz Bay, Virgin Islands (U.S.)
I use to read good books but magazine take lead i like to read magazine alot especially lifestyle one
@Mulidi (1418)
• Cruz Bay, Virgin Islands (U.S.)
@kareng ha ha ha
@kareng (10905)
@simone10 (28132)
I love to read but it's been a while since I have read anything.
@kareng (10905)
So I have a challenge for you --- pick up a book and start reading :)
@simone10 (28132)
@kareng about the only time I have is bedtime. I will have to go to bed a little earlier so I can read before falling asleep.
@kareng (10905)
@simone10 Bedtime is my prime reading time now. It's relaxing and helps me fall asleep. Sometimes I only make a page or two if I'm super tired.
@Porcospino (24379)
• Denmark
I love to read and I read every day. I read stories and articles online, I also have lots of books. I read my own books and I visit the library very often. I always read before I sleep.
@kareng (10905)
Ditto. I love to read, love books and also read before sleep. It's my normal routine :)
@Porcospino (24379)
• Denmark
@kareng I always keep some books next to my bed. It helps me relax before I sleep.
@kareng (10905)
@Porcospino Same with me!
I absolutely love reading as evidenced by my many discussions about it. However, I have been in a sort of funk and haven't picked up a book lately. I picked out a book to read but haven't started it and might start another instead. I do not understand the type of people who read three or four books at a time, that is too confusing to me.
@kareng (10905)
@ScribbledAdNauseum I never have understood that one either, reading multiple books at a time. To me, it would be had to concentrate and my mind would be drifting.
@kareng I would get the plots confused, I know I would. I guess to each their own. I suppose it's similar to those people who watch three different shows at once. I had family that did that, fliping the channels during a commercial to catch part of another show. It drove me crazy!
@kareng (10905)
13h
@ScribbledAdNauseum My husband does the channel flipping and I swear it is just to annoy ME..haha.
@Thewings (3470)
I like to read newspapers,magazines Or sometime my books
@kareng (10905)
@Thewings Nice assortment. I'm usually in the mood for books these days but still, have several magazine subscriptions.
@Thewings (3470)
@kareng then go had to read your favourite books too
@psanasangma (1058)
I do love to read but nowadays my reading time turns to study time because of some task but I still manage to read other useful books
@kareng (10905)
That's good. The more you read, the more you learn.
• Northampton, England
Reading Bill Brysons latest
@kareng (10905)
Nice! He has a lot of books out.
@LindaOHio (3736)
I love to read; but I've been doing a lot of writing recently. I like biographies, true crime, historical...a lot of different genres.
@kareng (10905)
The good thing about reading is it can spark ideas in writing :) I too, enjoy different genres.
@dodo19 (36109)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I absolutely love reading. I always have. Ever since I was a kid, I've enjoyed reading.
@kareng (10905)
@dodo19 Same here. I loved reading as a child, teen, young adult and now "older." ha.
@DocAndersen (3679)
I listen to an audio book on my commute every day (there, and back again)
@kareng (10905)
@DocAnderson That's cool.
• Sonora, California
I love reading! It’s one of my favorite things to do!
@kareng (10905)
I agree and could be happy with books, coffee and food served..haha.
@wolfgirl569 (15477)
• Marion, Ohio
I do but dont make time for it like I used too.
@kareng (10905)
There is never enough time for all the fun stuff!
@Aansh13 (1429)
Oh reading is something that comforts my soul. I love to read anything that makes sense and can help me grow as a person.
@kareng (10905)
@Aansh13 I agree. It's just a relaxing activity :)
I average reading a book once a week.
@kareng (10905)
I am slowing down with my hubby home and off work. I'm starting to look forward to him going back to work next week :) Too much cooking and washing dishes going on. LOL.
Used to read books all the time. Now it's magazines.
@kareng (10905)
Ha, I used to read magazines more when the kids were small and at home. I guess that was all I had time for. Now I read more books.
@Sreekala (30124)
Today morning I read sometime, newspaper and some digital books. Reason, there was no net, I can't do mylot so I spend my time that way.
@kareng (10905)
That's a good way to spend time if no internet :)
10h
I love to read! I have to stop at the library today and pick up two books that are on interlibrary loans for me! i got two library books on Monday too!