It's raining in the San Francisco Bay Area!

Walnut Creek, California
Rain in California in May is relatively rare. But we're experiencing a nice light Seattle-style rain right now, and are expecting two more cold fronts with rain over the next couple of weeks. I'll attach a picture of my sunflower, which was looking a bit droopy yesterday when I got home from work. I actually watered it before the rains showed up last night. How's the weather in your neck of the woods?
No rain?! It rains here weekly, sometimes for days. Its coming in this evening as a matter of fact. Alabama in May is wet and starting to get humid. Everything is a lush green, many colors of green. The grass has to mowed weekly or bi weekly. Mosquitoes are out, and ticks.
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
Maybe we will get some of that rain that you're supposed to get tonight.
• Walnut Creek, California
Except for the mosquitoes and ticks (we have both here as well), it sounds sublime.
• Walnut Creek, California
@thislittlepennyearns Did you get any rain today? We had the kids outside for awhile today, but the rains returned in the early evening.
We've got a gray day . . . I think it's supposed to rain/shower tomorrow and during the weekend too. Looking at the forecast, yah, it seems like we'll be in the low-mid 70s in the next couple weeks. Weird, very weird.
• Walnut Creek, California
Low- to mid-70s tend to make me happy.
@TheHorse Oh yah, I'm not complaining - I love these gray, coolish days . . . but I'm just saying it's not typical of our Mays. I wonder what summer will look like!
• Walnut Creek, California
@much2say What's the name of your town?
This year is cold, a lot colder than usual and it is a rainy May.
• Walnut Creek, California
Are the flowers enjoying the rain, in spite of the cold?
@TheHorse I think that the flowers are not at all enjoying this weather and even less my vegetable plants.
• Walnut Creek, California
@LadyDuck Hopefully, they will survive the cold and flourish when the weather gets warmer. Here at home, my green beans and corn are loving the extra rain. But I'm stumbling a bit with my sunflowers. At the preschool, the snow peas we planted in "Winter" are yielding right now, and the plants look great. The corn and sunflowers are coming up (the green beans too) and looking good.
@garymarsh6 (17280)
I know it is always useful to get rain in your neck of the woods. Here we have had a glorious day of sunshine! Much needed of course and due to be the same tomorrow!
• Walnut Creek, California
I can't believe I still haven't visited the UK.
@garymarsh6 (17280)
@TheHorse That is outrageous! You must only come in the summer months you would not like it in the winter cold damp grey and miserable!
• Walnut Creek, California
@garymarsh6 Cold, damp, grey, and misrabale? The story of my life! Should I come in January?
@debjani1 (5889)
Today's weather is better than last 10 days. After yesterday's and day before yesterday's rain help us to control the excessive heat.
• Walnut Creek, California
I wonder if I could still live in a place that has excessive heat.
@debjani1 (5889)
@TheHorse it become unbearable.
• Walnut Creek, California
@debjani1 I enjoyed Chicago's hot, humid Summers. But I was younger then.
jest keep that rain'a comin' purty please. such's 'pposed to come this direction 'n i hope't don't dry 'p 'fore 't 'rrives. sunshine 'n 'breezy' (aka: 20-25mph) here today. yer lil sunflower looks so lonesome. 're ya gonna plant't a friend?
• Walnut Creek, California
I'm trying but I'm struggling with sunflowers this Spring. Maybe I'll go buy some new soil from Home Depot and some new planters from the Dollar Tree, I want to see some sunflowers smiling at me by the end of the Summer! At the preschool, the sunflowers are doing OK--about 10"" high and looking healthy.
@TheHorse the ones here've yet to sprout 'n i've thoughts 'f creatures dinin' 'pon the seeds, lol. a few years back i'd plenty growin', planted 'bout 8 diff'rent varieties 'n they were jest a joy. great to hear those't the preschool 're doin' so well! i presume the ground squirrels're behavin'?
@xander6464 (12910)
• Wapello, Iowa
For the first time in quite a while, it is warm and dry here. No rain.
• Walnut Creek, California
Is the corn showing in the fields? I'm thinking "knee high by the 4th of July."
@xander6464 (12910)
• Wapello, Iowa
@TheHorse Not yet but it should be soon.
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
Hot hot hot. We had some bad storms a few days ago and then it got hot again. Last night it probably dipped down to the sixties..
• Walnut Creek, California
Dipped down to the 60s. I like that.
Yeah, but it's never a surprise for rain to fall on the bay area.
• Walnut Creek, California
If you have patience.
@wolfgirl569 (15731)
• Marion, Ohio
We are dry for now. Hope it lasts a few days at least.
• Walnut Creek, California
It stopped raining for awhile this afternoon. But it's raining again now.
That rain will do your sunflower a lot of good, I believe. We have sunshine and blue skies.
• Walnut Creek, California
Yeppers, I'm always happy when I see rain in Spring and Summer. We have plenty of warm, dry days here. My sunflower looks happy and "turgid" right now.