Tons of Energy Today... And Got Myself Lost!

@Hate2Iron (12782)
I decided to find the Doctor's Offices here in town and had a vague idea where they were located and since it was a nice day today... big surprise there lol... I decided to drop in and see what I have to do to get a doctor. Anyway, finally found the office...but it was at the wrong office. So, I turned around and headed for home... only to find that suddenly nothing looked familiar! So, I asked the first person that I saw and they gave me the wrong directions and I was REALLY LOST lol. Truth be told, maybe I didn't explain it properly because I did tell them that I was looking for a bridge... but didn't say that it was a pedestrian bridge. Well, I now know that there is a stone bridge somewhere close by lol. Yes, I was almost into the countryside by the look of it... but after a couple of minutes, of looking around me... I spotted one thing that looked familiar... 2 women that I had passed earlier. I gave them the details being sure that I said a pedestrian bridge this time and they instantly knew what I was talking about. Obviously, I'm home... a little tired but no worse for wear and a story to share. I really think that I'm going to have to draw myself a map of the streets so that I can figure out where I am at any given moment... because I kind of want to find that old stone bridge again... just have no idea where it was.
Not fun at all to get lost. I did that once when I went to a different city and took the wrong road and was on the wrong highway. It was at night and it scared me, was so glad to get back into my little town.
@Hate2Iron (12782)
I can imagine... that would have scared me too. Luckily it's a pretty small village and I think I have it figure out!!
@Spontaneo (3415)
Yikes!
@Hate2Iron (12782)
That's pretty much how I was feeling ;)
I think you should install an app to your smartphone to be able to find the right way home.
@Hate2Iron (12782)
The phone was in the other purse!! Won't make that mistake again. ;)
@Hate2Iron Dho, this is too bad.
@Hate2Iron (12782)
@LadyDuck Definitely will remember not to make the same mistake again!!
I have been lost while driving many times. I always found my way home, but it sure was a long time before I actually set foot in the door.
@Hate2Iron (12782)
I love to go exploring... the neat stuff you see lol! But next time, I'm going to know where I am and where I'm planning on going!!
@Hate2Iron I have a GPS system in my car, but I haven't the patience to learn how to work that system.
@Hate2Iron (12782)
@Corbin5 That sounds just like me!!
Well I am glad you found something you want to explore further. Do you not have a smartphone, or do you not have good service? I would have looked on a map to see where I was. I guess you did all of this whilst walking?
@Hate2Iron (12782)
In my other purse... really dumb!
@Hate2Iron We've all done that before, not brought our phone when we ended up needing it.
@Hate2Iron (12782)
@ScribbledAdNauseum It might actually be a good thing... because I don't think that I will ever pick up my purse again without checking!!
I rarely get lost, once I have been somewhere I know my way around, it is my secret power, navigation. But I am very glad you got back home.
@Hate2Iron (12782)
And I have no sense of direction... it's really peculiar!!
@Hate2Iron My hubs has no sense of direction either but it worked for us since he is the driver and I am the navigator.
@simone10 (28238)
That had to be a little scary at first. I know that feeling. I'm glad you found your way back home.
@Hate2Iron (12782)
I went out again and retraced my steps... not that far from home at all...
@simone10 (28238)
@Hate2Iron that's good to know
@moonandstars (15537)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
People often tell us the wrong directions. I'm glad you got back safe
@JESSY3236 (9280)
that's terrible. My doctor office moved twice a few years ago. My grandaunt takes me and we got lost one time.