How to look like Albert Einstein, or Frankenstein's Bride

I think that caption might have been more accurate. I am referring to a video I just got done watching. I've been perusing youtube for most of my entertainment lately. I've watched several other hair tutorials for 18th century hair so I was not surprised when this one popped up. It's quite entertaining as background noise, but it's even more amusing when you look up at the screen every once in awhile to see how her hair is coming along. To be fair, she's using a written tutorial and the language would have been quite different. Some of the things they used in the 18th century would not be available today and so modern equivalents would have to be employed. I don't know, maybe you won't find this as interesting as I did, but I'm popping it on here anyway. Would you try recreating a style (whether it be hair or clothing) from centuries passed?
I tried following an 18th century hair tutorial, as put down in James Stewart's 1782 book "Plocacosmos; or the whole art of hairdressing". It was... Interest...
She did a pretty good job, but I am surely not tempted to look like this.
I think her hair was a little frizzier than it should have been, but she did pretty well considering she didn't cut her hair to suit the style.
@ScribbledAdNauseum Most wealthy women wore wigs in those years.
@LadyDuck It seems that wigs are becoming popular for women to wear again.
@ScribbledAdNauseum I did a change when I lost a lot of weight and wanted to buy things to show off my new figure because I am proud of me in that.
Oh everyone does that. I mean, buys themselves new clothes when they've achieved a weight loss goal. I've done it before plenty of times.
@ScribbledAdNauseum I had to buy mine because I kept tripping over my hat skirt. I decided to keep some things to remind me fo where I was.
@Hannihar That's a good idea. A reminder of where you were before and what you don't want to be again.
@nela13 (19305)
• Portugal
Don't worry, I won't try it
It might be a good Halloween hairstyle.
@nela13 (19305)
• Portugal
@ScribbledAdNauseum yeah, for Halloween it is great
@nela13 Of course, I dont' go to halloween parties and I have no need to dress up.
@Janet357 (13678)
No. I meant i just stick to what is usual or anything that doesnt make me look weird.
I just comb my hair and leave it. Though I used to braid part of my hair and then attach it to a bun I made of my hair.
You might end up looking like someone from Sense and Sensibility, or Gone with the Wind...lol.
That's what this style was supposed to be, but her hair got a little frizzier than it really should have.