I need some help

@dya80dya (15327)
Romania
I am feeling depressed because my dentist told me that I need all my teeth crowned. If not, I will lose them in 6 months. I don't know what to do to save them. I brush 3 times each day, but it"s too late so save them. In 6 months I will be without my teeth. To crown all my teeth costs over $2000. Do you know any tips for saving teeth? I don't want to lose them all in 6 months. I am very young.
If I were you, I'd see another dentist and hear another opinion. Even if you have to pay for this visit, it will be worth it. I'm not saying that your dentist is wrong, but it is a fact that some dentists like pulling teeth more than others who do everything to keep teeth in the patients' mouths as long as possible.
I completely agree with Maluse . . . you really should get a second opinion on this. I have a dentist who says she likes to work conservatively to save teeth first and recommend major procedures as a last resort. I hope you can find someone who can help to save your teeth!
I agree with Maluse. Second opinions are always good.
@cacay1 (38892)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Agree
@MALUSE is right, go to see another dentist and ask for a second opinion. What is exactly the reason to cover your teeth?
@dya80dya (15327)
I have tooth decay. And my teeth are weak. I will go to another dentist.
@dya80dya It does not help at all to crown the teeth if you have decay, the teeth must be treated, not covered.
@dya80dya (15327)
@LadyDuck Really? I didn't know this. I thought that a crown offers some protection. I am not sure.
$2,000 total? I would get a loan out after paying what you can. If there was a way to save them I bet the dentist would have given you that option. I think 2,000 is worth getting in debt for something so important!
@dya80dya (15327)
I am not sure if this is a good idea. I can fill them. Fillings aren't so expensive.
@Lolaze (4143)
• St. Louis, Missouri
Sorry that I don’t have any tips. My dad had dentures before he was 40 due to bad teeth.
@dya80dya (15327)
I am 28. She told me that I will need dentures in a very short time. Did your father eat sweets? Do you know what was the cause for bad teeth?
@Lolaze (4143)
• St. Louis, Missouri
@dya80dya I think it was genetic for him. He actually had two sets of baby teeth as a child.
@dya80dya (15327)
@Lolaze And what happened with his two sets of teeth? I didn't know that some people have 2 sets of baby teeth.
Sadly, teeth are the only part of the human body that cannot repair themselves. Teeth cause a lot of trouble for humans.
@dya80dya (15327)
Yes. Sometimes I think it's better to not have any teeth. They are so expensive. Maybe dentures are better.
@dya80dya I think so too. Teeth just keep giving us problems.
@dya80dya (15327)
@Corbin5 Yes. Problems and so much pain. And problems don't seem to end. I had problems with my teeth since I was 18 years old. That's a long time. And I am sure that problems will not end soon.
@mandala100 (61209)
I'm sorry to hear that my friend.
@dya80dya (15327)
I am not sure if I can do something.
@Teekaaa (7889)
Sorry my friend. Have no idea about it.
@dya80dya (15327)
Do you have any problems with your teeth?
@Teekaaa (7889)
@dya80dya (15327)
@Teekaaa You are lucky. How many times do you brush your teeth? Do you do something special for your teeth?
• Caracas, Venezuela
Oh Gee that sounds bad. I am so sorry to hear that. Don't know if it's right, but what about asking money on GoFundme so people can help you with achieving your budget? It might work.
@dya80dya (15327)
What is GoFund me?
• Caracas, Venezuela
@dya80dya As far as I know, it is an on line site where you create a profile, asking for money when you have a need that is important for you to fulfill. Some people see your profile and they can collaborate with some money if they want it.
@dya80dya (15327)
@jvicentevalera I wasn't aware that such a site exist. Do you know if it's available only for people from the USA?
@Gillygirl (29897)
• Sutton, England
Try a second opinion from another dentist. It could be that your dentist wants more money out of you.
@dya80dya (15327)
Yes, I am sure she wants lots of money from me. She was so angry when I asked her what was the price.
@Gillygirl (29897)
• Sutton, England
@dya80dya I had a dentist like that. She wanted £900 and I got the treatment for £150 at another dentist.
@dya80dya (15327)
@Gillygirl This is a huge difference. This dentist wants me to have resin crowns, but she wants a lot of money. Resin is the least expensive.
I don’t understand how crowning them will save them. I’d get a second opinion.
@dya80dya (15327)
I don't think crowning will save them. Decays can appear under crowns. I will go to another dentist.
@dya80dya Good luck!
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
I am sorry for this teeth problem you have Diana. They just pulled one of my front teeth too. I have done everything to try to save mine but no good. My bone is weak.
@dya80dya (15327)
They told me the same. My bone is weak, but I am very young. My health is in very bad shape.
• Cuddalore, India
Ask for second opinion and see what they are saying.
@dya80dya (15327)
I will ask for a second opinion as soon as possible.
@cacay1 (38892)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
That's bad news try to take Calcium Lactate 600 ml tablet.My teeth are so strong. I'm taking this for almost 18 years now.Ask there I'm your pharmacy.
@dya80dya (15327)
How many times do you brush your teeth? Do you also take vitamin D? And do you take Calcium Lactate every day? Or a few days a month?