Doomed Restaurant Spot Tries Again!

@MarymargII (11622)
Toronto, Ontario
Have you ever noticed that some spots for business or new restaurants are doomed to go out after a certain amount of time? There's a certain building here that has had a new restaurant for what seems to be every six months for years now. We have gotten used to seeing each new restaurant try it's best to get going but to no avail. Before long it's gone. Such a sad scene. We've gotten so we are now even afraid to try out any new ones as we already presume it will be bad. You'd think when they find out how many went out of business before them they wouldn't open there. But perhaps the building owners give each business "an offer they can't refuse". Anyhow there is hope for the latest business to open it's doors at that particular spot. And this time it's not a restaurant--They've learned their lesson---It's a Real Estate Office. Pixabay free images
• Preston, England
possibly potential customers associate the building too much with the failed business and don't give the new one a decent chance
@MarymargII (11622)
• Toronto, Ontario
I believe you are right in this aspect for sure. They say oh here we go again??
• Preston, England
@MarymargII it does happen. I have suggested bars to friends who reply that they dislike them from a previous visit even though it turns out that last time they went there was 20 years ago
@MarymargII (11622)
• Toronto, Ontario
@arthurchappell True and they'll always associate that experience with that location unfortunately. Guess the only thing that will change their mind is a good experience at the same location. haha!
Funny you mentioned that. There is one not far from us that opened twice and failed twice. A new one is taking its place and I’m interested to see what happens.
@MarymargII (11622)
• Toronto, Ontario
Hope the curse ends there. Let us know in the future!
@MarymargII Haven't been there, yet, but will do!
@MarymargII (11622)
• Toronto, Ontario
@DianneN Yep- should be interesting. Don't order anything that's hard to make---lol!
@Gillygirl (32879)
• Sutton, England
They should improve market research so as to avoid disappointment to customers.
@MarymargII (11622)
• Toronto, Ontario
Yes, you'd think they would look into it.
@Gillygirl (32879)
• Sutton, England
@MarymargII They should do!
@MarymargII (11622)
• Toronto, Ontario
@Gillygirl I think so too!
Yes, I have noticed, the new place cannot stay open for more than a few months.
@MarymargII (11622)
• Toronto, Ontario
It's like it has a curse on it when you get a spot like that. Maybe this time the business will succeed.
@MarymargII This is why Asian businessmen want an expert to check if the place has a positive "Feng Shui". hard to explain in two words, but this is the positive force that attract people.
@MarymargII (11622)
• Toronto, Ontario
@LadyDuck Ahh you're right - that's a smart idea. At least they are doing something toward ensuring success.
Sometimes it is best to change the vibe in a building by changing businesses.
@MarymargII (11622)
• Toronto, Ontario
I think so too- people get not to trust repeated businesses if they fail every time.
I hope it prospers.
@MarymargII (11622)
• Toronto, Ontario
Me too it would be a nice change for that spot.
@xFiacre (7867)
@marymargll We have one of those. It’s been home to many restaurants but somehow they just never take. Now it’s been lying empty for a while. The restaurant next door however has been flourishing for years.
@MarymargII (11622)
• Toronto, Ontario
I'm sure many areas do. It's weird though- cause you just know they won't do well.
Yes I have seen this before.
@MarymargII (11622)
• Toronto, Ontario
It's an odd phenomena for sure.
Hopefully they will have better luck then the restaurants.
@MarymargII (11622)
• Toronto, Ontario
I do hope so. I think it just might.
@Scrapper88 (2178)
There is a building like that near me. A person tried to open a restaurant in this building quite a few times. the longest time one stayed open was almost a year.
@MarymargII (11622)
• Toronto, Ontario
It makes you wonder if there's something wrong with the vibe in the area? Is it doomed?
Hi, it sounds difficult to attempt a business , but it doesn't going on
@MarymargII (11622)
• Toronto, Ontario
Yes, hope this one is successful.
This happened in our town. It was right beside the A&W. And finally a different business opened there, not a restaurant. An insurance office I think.