Working two jobs. Do you know anyone more crazy than me?

@cyclopz (219)
Sydney, Australia
I have been working 2 jobs for more than 3 years. I know it is quite common for people to have two jobs and i even know a few who have 3 but they only work few times a week. These are usually part time/casual jobs where they only work for a few hours a day because most of them have to go to school. In my case, I have been working 2 jobs for the past 3 years. One normal 8-5 full time office job in the weekday morning then at weeknights + satuday night from 10pm to around 4:30am. I take naps in between those 2 jobs and i would say i still get around 8 hours of sleep in a day. Just that i don't have time to do other things anymore during weekdays. What do you think of this routine? Do you know any one who also works 2 jobs?
i knew someone working 3.that is until he passed out from exhaustion and split his head open on the floor of a walk-in.needless to say he cut back to 2 after that.
@cyclopz (219)
• Sydney, Australia
oh my, it got that bad? how long did he do it for? was it labor job or office job?
@cyclopz restaurant kitchen. i'm guessing he went about 6 months before it happened.
@sophie09 (12625)
seriously? how do you handle that
@cyclopz (219)
• Sydney, Australia
I get that question a lot actually. But i think i got used to that routine already though sometimes i do really feel tired. Usually i feel normal again after sleeping in during weekends and waking up around lunch time. My colleagues in my full time job have no idea about my routine but i do get tardy in the morning especially when getting up feels hard.
@sophie09 (12625)
@cyclopz well i find it cool anyway
@Starkinds (8139)
I have a Part time job. It's means you get a good salary form the both jobs.
@cyclopz (219)
• Sydney, Australia
It's one of those struggles when you move to a new place and start all over from scratch. Just means i have to work extra hard to keep up with those who are at the same age as me.
@Starkinds (8139)
@cyclopz okay I can understood. You faced a tough time.
• Agra, India
That is really a lot of hard work
@cyclopz (219)
• Sydney, Australia
Especially when you see that you're not getting any younger. Getting a house is quite expensive and it is too much of a worry having to pay rent when you get old. It is like most of your savings goes to paying the rent.
• Agra, India
@cyclopz ohh..I can understand. Necessity makes us do everything
@porwest (17347)
I know many people working two jobs. So long as you are happy with it I see nothing wrong with it. My only concern would be whether or not you are saving as opposed to spending it all, otherwise you might not be accomplishing anything by working two jobs. The idea is to eventually have more money in savings that earns than you earn from a job, otherwise you might simply go through life having worked for essentially nothing, never got to live, and die having experienced nothing.
That would be difficult. I could not do that.
You are very diligent If you still have about 8 hours of sleeping, then I think it is OK. At least you get extra money and it shall make you feel happier.