Have You Ever Had Your Dryer Vent Professionally Cleaned?

Our HOA has offered us a professional dryer vent cleaning but I've never had it done. They offered it to us last year for the first time but I passed. Now I'm thinking about having it done this year. It's $99 My laundry room is on the second floor and vented out through the roof (I'm assuming) I know absolutely nothing about this but figure it's a good thing to do. I've seen that too much lint collected in the vents can cause a fire but in any house I've ever lived in I never had this done. Have you? would you ?
@HazySue (31243)
No, we never have3. My husband cleans it himself. I didn't realize they had professional vent cleaners.
I didn't realize they had professionals either. I'm on the fence about getting it done. I can't do it myself even though I make sure I keep the lint filter cleaned.
@HazySue (31243)
@Marilynda1225 It sounds like a lot of money for the service but you will be able to rest assured that you don't have to worry about the lint catching fire.
@HazySue I'm probably going to do it so that I can have peace of mind. My son in law is a fireman and he said it's a good idea since it hasn't been done in the 9 years I've been living here.
Good morning.We do not have a dryer .Cannot help you there.
I hope you're enjoying your day Fredo.
How do you dry your clothes. @amadeo.
We have never had our dryer vent cleaned. However, my husband always inspected ours, by taking it off and vacuuming it out annually-usually on the Labour Day weekend. We both always feared a fire too, so this was his way of being proactive on that thought. I do not know if I would actually pay that much to have it done. I would take into consideration the age of your home, how long you've had your dryer hooked up, and then do a search online to see what others are saying. And go with your first instinct, otherwise you'll worry yourself sick and convince yourself that you need it.
Very good advice Julia and I appreciate it. It's not something I can do myself so I guess I'll ask some of my neighbors if they are doing it or if they've had it done before.
@Marilynda1225 You're welcome. I am going to ask my husband if he's ever heard of such a service before. I just wonder if they would have enough business to keep afloat or is a lot of their work guilt-related. That was just the first thing that came to my mind, maybe I am cynicle.
No, and I didn't know it was offered. I always clean out my lint traps though.
I always make sure the lint trap is completely clean.
@wolfgirl569 (19939)
• Marion, Ohio
I have never had it done.
I have never heard of such a thing.
We haven't, we had it checked and was told there wasn't enough to clean out. But it's good to have it done if need be.
My husband takes care of ours.
I never have but my vent goes outside right out my back door and I can remove the vent to check it myself but I think it is worth it considering what a fire hazard lint is.
I clean mine after every load that I dry.