Granddaughter is SO Excited About School

@kareng (16154)
My granddaughter, Payton, started back to school last Thursday and she has been SO excited. She is in second grade this year. It has been a battle getting her to bed. She is excited and can't wait for the morning to get ready to go to school and then get there. She got a new teacher to the school this year and bonded with her on the very first day of school. She announced that her teacher also had a turtle for a pet and that they were going to be best friends. Payton is a good student and was on the honor roll with mostly A's all last year. I am hoping her desire to learn continues and that his new teacher will spark even more desire into her little mind. Have your kids or grandkids started back to school yet? The kids in this area all starting last Thursday, Friday or yesterday, Monday. I just love seeing her so excited. Photo: Pixaby, public domain
@Nakitakona (11242)
The class of our grandkid had already started last June. Last week was their first unified test and she did it. She was one of the top ten among their class..
@kareng (16154)
That is wonderful. Congrats to her.
@Nakitakona (11242)
@kareng Thanks my friend. Her average is 93.75%
@kareng (16154)
@Nakitakona That's awesome.
aw, how sweet! she sounds like my daughter. she used to stand 't the door 'n cry coz the bus'd not pick her'p 'fore she 'twas ol' 'nough to start school :) dunno when school starts here now? the grands'n las vegas, nevada started monday. lots 'f drama with the granddaughter... 's long 's she's good teachers, she ought'a keep that desire.
@kareng (16154)
My oldest grandson also loved school up until about last year. The divorce his parents went through really hurt him and his grades went way down.
@kareng how sad that such happened :( perhaps he needs some counselin' to help him through all those feelin's??
@kareng (16154)
@crazyhorseladycx I'm sure he did at the time. That was 2 years ago now, I had timing wrong above. Man time flies.
@HazySue (31243)
How wonderful it is that she is excited about going back to school. How proud of her you must be. My grandchildre3n, the ones that are old enough, haven't started back to school yet.
@kareng (16154)
When do your grands start back? It's so confusing now. We used to start AFTER Labor Day back in the day and now it is spread out all through Aug and early Sept.
@HazySue (31243)
@kareng They usually start either the day after labor day or two days after labor day. They live up north and they start the school year later.
@kareng (16154)
@HazySue That's more like the old ways.
It's wonderful that your granddaughter is so excited to get to school. My grandkids haven't started yet. Our schools start the last week in August so they're trying to squeeze in the last bit of vacation.
@kareng (16154)
It is so confusing with all the different school openings/closings/holidays now. I feel for parents with kids in separate schools.
@kareng that happened to my daughter last year when the oldest was in high school and the youngest in middle school. Both schools aren't even near each other.
@kareng (16154)
@Marilynda1225 I had to deal with that also as my oldest was 3.5 years older than the twins.
@moonandstars (20872)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
This is so rare; most kids here hate coming back to schools; which would be on September 9. O, I like turtles as well
@kareng (16154)
I wish ours didn't go back until September. It's a short summer with only two months now of a break.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
19h
@kareng It is. If they do many activities, the summer goes in a minute. And, when the school year is finishing, in May?
@tammys85 (15511)
• Baltimore, Maryland
Awww! I'm glad to hear she's excited about school! It's always good when the little ones enjoy it. :) I think the kids in my area start in September, but I'm not sure. As for my own house, my two nieces are home schooled, and their older siblings have graduated.
@kareng (16154)
I like the September start dates better. Old fashioned here I guess. When starting in late August, they get into routine for a week or two and then bam, it's Labor Day and off school so the setting the routine has to start all over again.
• Japan
My granddaughter loves kindergarten. Her school year is April to March, so summer break started July 19. I asked her the next week how school was and she said, "School is gone, psssht" throwing her hands out to show just how "psssssht" school was. It never occurred to me that little kids experiencing their first long break really don't understand it!
@kareng (16154)
I'm glad she enjoys it.
@LindaOHio (8499)
I'm so glad that Payton is so excited about school! That's such a positive start. I don't have any kids or grandkids. The children around here are starting back to school at all different times. Some start today.
@kareng (16154)
You would think that they could all start on the same day and make it easier on parents.
@raveeen (3172)
Good luck to your granddaughter
@kareng (16154)
Thank you.
@wolfgirl569 (19939)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad she is enjoying it right now.
@kareng (16154)
I know. I hope her enthusiasm sticks with her where school is concerned.
@db20747 (22147)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
First day of school is so much fun to kids!!
@kareng (16154)
Yes it is.
Once she gets older, it will be groan about returning to school.
@kareng (16154)
Yes, I expect so. It happens with all of them.