I talked with my friend and I am worried.

Chile
I have known this couple for a long time and they are my oldest friends as age goes. I have noticed for a while that Marta has some memory problems. Hector went with her to a neurologist last year and they are both in a sort of class where they have to remember words and numbers. Hector has no problem, but Marta started first to repeat the same thing several times. After that, she started to ask what it had just been said. Today, I called them to see if they were coming and she answered the phone. She consistently called her husband by her eldest son´s name. I have the feeling that there is no way back now. What can I do? How can I help? For the moment, I take no notice of it all. When Hector wants to tell me about it, I´ll help if there is something I can do. Have you been in this situation?
I'm sorry that your long time friend is suffering memory loss. My own mother has alzheimers, it began with her being forgetful and us catching her writing things down in an attempt to remember them. She got lost on more then 1 occasion on the 10 mile drive home from town. Then her personality just changed completely, she became a nasty woman where she was never like that in the past. I hope that your friends tell you, and you just do what feels right in your heart.
The only thing I know i that I will always love her for what she was, for what she is and for what she will be.
@marguicha You'll need to offer her husband as much support as you can, its awful on the care giver.
@Juliaacv I suppose he knows what is happening. We haven´t talked about it.
@CarolDM (36437)
My elderly relatives have had this happen and nothing you can do but just listen to them. My relatives saw their doctor.
They have gone to their doctors.
@CarolDM (36437)
@marguicha Sometimes there is nothing that can be done unfortunately. I am sorry.
@CarolDM I know.
@Starkinds (8138)
Oh sorry for her.
I am also worried for her husband. These problems are hard to deal with.
@Starkinds (8138)
@marguicha yes I can understood my father is 70
@Starkinds Her husband is over 80, but he is fine.
That is very sad but it does sound very worrying. I hope your friends confide in you soon rather than everyone pretending nothing is happening.
I imagine that it is just old age. Today, when she arrived, she was her usual self.
@marguicha That's good.
@JudyEv Still, I´ll be on the look out.
@JustBhem (59874)
• Davao, Philippines
Is it bad already?
At some moments it looks bad, at others it is nothing.
• Peoria, Arizona
The best thing is to listen, be patient, repeat if you need to, repeat again, and just be there for them.
I think I´ll do that.
@Janet357 (22554)
old people seem to.experience this. i remember my stepmom's aunt, she was old and was telling me.as story, for 4 hrs her story just repeatedly narrated in 5.sentences .and it had.continued for 4 hrs
I only hope they don´t realize what they are doing.