Have you ever told someone to be quiet at the movie theatre?

Perth, Australia
I haven't been to the movies in quite awhile. I do like the movies but due to depression and being an introvert, I usually prefer to stay home and watch movies. I feel more comfortable. Plus it's cheaper. There have been a handful of occasions where people are talking loudly or being dramatic when something funny or scary happens. I'm usually not bothered that much about it. I guess it depends on my mood but more times than not, I'm not that bothered. But there have been some occasions where someone just won't shut up throughout the whole movie. Or are kicking the back of the seats as if it's empty when it isn't. I've never confronted anyone before. I have day dreamed about it while sitting there but I've never actually done it. Have you ever told anyone to be quiet in a movie theatre before? What happened? How did they respond? I want popcorn now.
@UncleJoe (15038)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I rebuke movie talkers in the Name of Jesus. If they threaten me, then I rebuke them in the name of Smith&Wesson.
@LestatPen (5252)
I like the way you think
• Perth, Australia
@UncleJoe Would hate to get on your bad side Joe.
@Daljinder (22716)
@mrki444 (5707)
• Osijek, Croatia (Hrvatska)
I go rare in theater so they don't have to silence me.
• Perth, Australia
@mrki444 lol oh so you talk a lot during movies then?
@mrki444 (5707)
• Osijek, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@VivaLaDani13 Not so I just rare go into theater.
@CarolDM (40686)
Yes I have shhhhhhhhed several!
• Perth, Australia
@CarolDM Good on ya!
@Ladanger (10738)
I haven't but once one guy was yelling at the movie telling the girl to run lol.
• Perth, Australia
@Ladanger That is funny! That would make me laugh if I heard someone say that!
@Ladanger (10738)
@VivaLaDani13 everyone was lauging lol. People in horror movies always take the wrong turns and run slow.
@Daljinder (22716)
@Ladanger Reacting to the movie is fine but obnoxious talking/ chatting or disturbing others is not.
I don't know that I have. I certainly can't think of a time that I have. I tend to sit in the back, usually the very back row if I can help it.
• Perth, Australia
@ScribbledAdNauseum That is where I usually sit too.
@VivaLaDani13 I don't like to crane my neck so the back is usually the best. However, depending on the theater, you have to deal with people constantly opening the door. I went to a small theater in a small town here and the theater wasn't always a theater, so the theater rooms are small, the chairs uncomfy, and the door is distracting when people keep leaving and coming. However, it's cheaper, even for newer movies. I watched the second part of the newest IT
• Perth, Australia
@ScribbledAdNauseum Oh I know what you mean. Thankfully a lot of the cinemas around here have upgraded a bit. And I really want to see the second part of IT. Did you like it?
@xFiacre (8518)
@vivaladani13 Not only in cinemas but in cafés, on busses - I’m a nightmare!
• Perth, Australia
@xFiacre haha I can understand though. Some people can just be loud.
@xFiacre (8518)
@VivaLaDani13 Why does anyone feel the need to shout at people sitting right beside them? Especially when discussing things no-one else needs to hear!
• Perth, Australia
@xFiacre I really don't know. I've wondered this many times. I don't know why people can be so loud like that.
• Israel
@VivaLaDani13 I remember the days I would go to the movie theater and it was very noisy. Kids would make so much noise and even telling them to shut up did not help. I prefer being at home watching Netflix.
• Perth, Australia
@Hannihar I am the same as you. I prefer watching TV at home.
• Israel
@VivaLaDani13 It is not always quiet here but I can put the Tv up if it gets to be too much noise.
• Rupert, Idaho
I am like you, I would rather stay home to watch a movie because it is more comfortable (and cheaper). But I have been to a handful of movies in the theatre. I never confronted anyone about it, but I do remember sometimes that people were being obnoxious during a film.
• Perth, Australia
@MommyOfEli2013 I know there are so many different types of people but I still can't fathom why certain people are loud and disruptive during a time when it's best to be quiet.
• Rupert, Idaho
@VivaLaDani13 Oh yes, I definitely agree with you on that!
@birjudanak (9575)
its a not good thing which they doing in theater as they disturb others too. i never in that condition as most of the time i have seen discipline here while went to watch a movie. its good to say them as they cross their limit and definitley others also support as they disturb them too. generally we not like to bother some things as its just a permanent and we dont know how they are and who they are.
• Perth, Australia
@birjudanak That is all very true. Good points!
• Pamplona, Spain
I used to take my children a lot there and there was always a lot of noise you got used to it. Did not try to confront anyone but that does not mean I was not thinking about it at the time.
• Perth, Australia
@lovinangelsinstead21 lol I understand what you mean!
@Aleskys (184)
• Venezuela
Hahahah Siii definitely, repeatedly...
• Perth, Australia
@Aleskys Sucks it's happened so much to you!
I have never confronted anyone in a movie theater either. I think we just moved to quieter seating.
• Perth, Australia
@Corbin5 That is a good solution for sure!
Yes in a very polite way and they listened.
• Perth, Australia
@edisondanila That is nice of you and I'm glad it worked!
@LestatPen (5252)
I myself have never done it. But my friend one time for a big movie we were about to see, told people to shut the hell up or get out! lol I was like whoa. It was pretty awesome.
• Perth, Australia
@LestatPen lol whoa! That would have been an interesting thing to witness lol
@Daljinder (22716)
I haven't been to theatres much. I can count on one hand and still have fingers left. I do remember that each time there was people disturbing others. The first time men were whistling crudely at the actress during a song and second time went with fellow school kids and you know kids can't sit still and silent for long. I don't think I would be bothered to tell them to be quiet usually but since I am also spontaneous, I may tell them to shut up.
• Perth, Australia
@Daljinder ugh! The kids I can understand but grown men? IF that ever did happen, you telling people to shut up, I would LOVE to be there!
@Daljinder (22716)
21h
@VivaLaDani13 LOL! Of course, you would. I prefer not to bring attention to myself, however. But for some reason, I fail. I guess I don't mix well so is an odd one out?
• Perth, Australia
10h
@Daljinder OR maybe everyone is just the same and you're unique? In a good way!
@Loverabbit (3269)
• Karachi, Pakistan
You don't get the crazy nuts in a good cinema.... usually it happens when the passes are sold for free or cheap.... mostly what I have observed is.....beware of the last 2 seats on every row....things can be fishy there
• Perth, Australia
@Loverabbit lol really? Fishy like how?
• Karachi, Pakistan
@VivaLaDani13 errrmmmm am I a bad butter....hahaha....I always sit in the center but soon I hear n see them nudging kissing hands rubbing etc etc....those seats are only offered to couples I guess cause everytime I do go I always witness such show
• Perth, Australia
@Loverabbit ooooh I see what you mean.
@Starkinds (13419)
Yes, I have said twice that if some naughty boys make noise, then you have to say that be quite
• Perth, Australia
@Starkinds I'm glad you said something to those boys!
@Starkinds (13419)
@VivaLaDani13 thank you my dear
• Perth, Australia
@Starkinds Very welcome.
@garymarsh6 (18735)
I have done so in the theatre but not in the cinema. Like you I prefer to watch something in the comfort of my own home rather than in a noisy cold uncomfortable theatre. It was on Broadway in New York I went to see Phantom of the opera and a woman sitting next to me drove me crazy. Rustling with sweets, crisps fidgeting and talking. In the end I turned to her and said for goodness sake sit still woman or leave the theatre. At the interval she changed places with her husband who sat nice and still and quietly!
• Perth, Australia
@garymarsh6 lol Good thing she moved! I have seen The Phantom of the Opera on stage before and oh my goodness it was fantastic. Did you enjoy it?
@garymarsh6 (18735)
@VivaLaDani13 Enjoy it I love it. I have seen it in London, Las Vegas and New York! Each show slightly different in terms of the OTT ness of Las Vegas and New York to the calmer and sedateness of London!
• Perth, Australia
10h
@garymarsh6 I am so glad you loved it! I envy you for how many times you've seen it and in different locations!
@moffittjc (59979)
• Gainesville, Florida
That's so funny, I'm eating popcorn right now as I sit here on myLot! lol
• Perth, Australia
@moffittjc LOVE popcorn!
@moffittjc (59979)
• Gainesville, Florida
13h
@VivaLaDani13 No movie watching ritual would be complete without popcorn! I love it too!
• Perth, Australia
10h
@moffittjc I completely agree! You are a wise man!
these days it's SAFER to be at home where you don't have to worry about any of that & get yelled at or worse into a fight.
• Perth, Australia
@hardtimes1958 That is a good point too.
@VivaLaDani13 they couldn't pay me to go to the movies.