$18 jumped out of my wallet.. amongst other things

I was happily multitasking when it happened. I had several tabs open of course one of them being for here. The other was nosleep on reddit as I like to read the stories people post this time of year. I had been looking at micas as well but wasn't focusing on them so much anymore. I had M&P soap opened on several different sites as I compared prices and ingredients. Then, all of a sudden on it's own accord... Ebay opened up. Then, as if I was typing (though I certainly was not!) the words "Soap cutter" popped onto the search bar. I thought Oh no, what's this? but let it continue. The page started to scroll down, again I wasn't touching the scroll pad. Then BAM! A listing was clicked, scrolled through and the "buy me now" button pressed. Uh oh I thought. Now just what have I gotten myself into? And, that is how I ended up $18.00 poorer today.
Must be the ghosts in your house
That's what it's gotta be. Clever ghosts they are! No, but in all seriousness it was a good deal. A square soap mold and two soap cutters for $18.00. The soap cutters themselves are usually around $8.00. I was going to go to the dollar tree and get a cutter I saw there but when I saw this listing... I'm still going to dollar tree though, to get more buckets.
@ScribbledAdNauseum you saved a few bucks and didn't even have to leave the house
@shaggin Well, I spent a few dollars but still got a great deal. Now I am just trying to decide where to get my melt and pour because there are some that I do not want in them like propylene glycol
@Starmaiden (7976)
I can't feel sorry for you.
I don't feel sorry for me either.
@JustBhem (64334)
• Davao, Philippines
Like you did not type them? It just came out in the search tab?
@JustBhem (64334)
• Davao, Philippines
@ScribbledAdNauseum Like someone might doing a remote access using your computer?
@JustBhem Yes. People can do it for good reasons (helping fix a computer) and for non-good reasons (trying to find info about the person)
@JustBhem (64334)
• Davao, Philippines
@ScribbledAdNauseum We used to that when I was working as a Technical support, we have this remote access to resolve our customer’s computer issue.
That happens to me all the time. I did good today, didn't buy anything for myself? But I did order eye drops for my dad. Special kind that costs $18 a pop
I spent $42.00 after I wrote this discussion! It was like $27.00 for the products and then the rest was shipping. I was picky with my melt and pour (didn't want any Propylene Glycol in the base so had to find one that didn't have it) and ended up having to go with a site that requires you to spend $15.00. I ended up having to put another $8.00 in and then there was a promo that if I spent $2.00 more I could get a free sample so I just went ahead and spent the $2.00. I might spend $5.00 (getting more containers from the Dollar Tree) on it this month but I think I'm going to wait until next month to get the rest of the stuff I need. I really don't spend much money, I swear!
@ScribbledAdNauseum It was like $17.xx or something so buying 2 didn't meet the $35+ free shipping. so I had to buy 3. :( Lol you are spending a lot all at once. :) It happens, self love/care. :)
@infatuatedbby Yeah the free shipping thing irks me sometimes. Like how do they calculate the shipping thing? I try not to use sites that require you to spend a certain amount for free shipping because it just makes me want to buy more.
@alberello75 (24464)
• Genova, Italy
I'm sorry, did you do this by mistake?
No, it was a joke. I did everything on purpose.
@alberello75 (24464)
• Genova, Italy
@ScribbledAdNauseum Well, then you already knew what sum was to be paid, right? So (if I understand correctly, you know I'm Italian, unfortunately!), where would the problem will be now?
@alberello75 There is no problem and there was no problem. I went online last night to look for soap stuff and came across that deal and bought it. I also just bought something else. I plan to make soaps for the family for the holidays, but I might also sell some of them.
• Israel
@ScribbledAdNauseum That is not good and so so sorry about that.
I was joking. I did the purchases myself.
• Israel
@ScribbledAdNauseum ok and thanks for explaining.
@Hannihar no worries.
@Tina30219 (43360)
• Onaway, Michigan
I am sure you will put at the stuff to good use
Oh I definitely will. I spent a further $42.00 the next day. I still need to get some colorants, a infrared thermometer and some more containers for pouring and then I will be done. The containers I can get at the dollar tree. The infrared thermometer isnt' exactly necessary as I have a thermometer I can use, but I want the infrared thermometer as it seems it will come in handy. I may post pictures if I can figure out how to save them from facebook onto my linux laptop. I do not plan to make these soaps right away.
@Tina30219 I use linux. I think it's similar to windows but you have to make sure you save it in a certain folder or it will not save. I am probably going to take pictures of the stuff once it all arrives. I am expecting one more thing to come tomorrow. As for the finished products, I will probably wait until November to do them.
@Tina30219 (43360)
• Onaway, Michigan
@ScribbledAdNauseum I bet you can’t wait to start making them.
Sometimes what happened to you has happened to me too.
Another $42.00 just flew right out the window! I think maybe I should lock my wallet up in a safe, don't you?
@ScribbledAdNauseum Yes, lock that wallet up now!!!
@Corbin5 I think i will. This is preparation for Christmas gifts (I've decided I am making people soap) and so all I really need is more fragrance oil (possibly) and some Micas. I do not need those right now so my wallet is safe for now.
@dya80dya (18491)
Soap is useful. I wonder what is a soap cutter.
It is a blade with a handle basically. There are different kinds but the two I got is just a blade with a handle. One blade is crimped.
@dya80dya (18491)
@ScribbledAdNauseum I think I know what it is. I had one, but I didn't know what it was. I didn't use it.
@dya80dya I've been reading about melt and pour soap making. Some soap makers use a sharp knife to cut the soap or else other tools meant for the kitchen.
Good thing I read the comments, I was thinking someone hacked your computer! lol
I would have instantly turned the computer off if that happened. I know that people can remotely access things if they have the know how. Nope, it was just me purchasing things. I ended up spending a further $40 odd dollars today.
@ScribbledAdNauseum Yea, I think I would have turned it off to. I had my email hacked last year and I had a heck of a time. Had to change passwords and everything.
@moonandstars (24045)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Just like that? This is a really fast process; reminds me when I send a sms message and can't stop it. Well, soap is useful.
@Janet357 (30789)
oh no. that's a lesson learned then. but anyway, you can use it in the future.
Oh, let me clarify for you. I was joking. I was the one that went to ebay and bought the mold. I require it for gifts this Christmas.
@Hate2Iron (13527)
At least you are getting something for it. I thought that you were going to say that you lost it from your wallet. Been there and done that!!!
Haha yes. I think I got a good deal though. Two cutters and one soap mold for $18.00. I think the cutters start at around $5.00 -$8.00 usually. I'm going to be doing soaps for Christmas and for the household here.
what the heck is a soap cutter?
basically a blade with a handle. I'm going to make soaps for people for Xmas so needed to buy one.