This is How I Look after a Martini

My husband can tell immediately just by looking in my eyes. He also tells me I get loud and laugh too much. He’s right about my eyes. My eye doctor was seated next to me at a house party and commented on my drunk looking eyes years ago. Ya know what? I don’t care! I love an extra dry martini straight up with extra olives, bleu cheese stuffed, preferably. By the way, my husband first introduced me to martinis when we first began dating. I was only 19 and not legal. Shhhhh..... And he only drinks scotch and an occasional glass of wine when we go out. We go out often. Many of you don’t drink, but if you do, what’s your favorite besides coffee, tea, or water?
@sol_cee (20601)
• Bermuda
You look more approachable with the smile. :))
I’m always approachable.
White liquor, the dark, bourbon, make me throw up. However, its rare I drink and I get drunk one one drunk, I laugh to much too.
. I don’t let myself throw up anymore.
@Alexandoy (4144)
• Quezon City, Philippines
The mention of martini reminds me of my father. He loved that.
And my father never drank.
Shaken not stirred!
Exactly!
@ptrikha_2 (16976)
@JohnRoberts Perfect 007 !!
I'm an iced tea girl
@ptrikha_2 (16976)
@Tampa_girl7 and I am a majorly Tea and minorly coffee guy. Apart from that I consume Green Tea and occasionally Soft Drinks and Artificial juices.
Nothing wrong with that!
@noni1959 (5970)
Well, I think you are gorgeous, drunk eyes and all.
You are too kind!
@noni1959 (5970)
@DianneN I love your top. Pink is a good color on you.
@noni1959 Thank you. I bought that in Boston. It’s an Escada and didn’t have to pay any tax the day I bought it!
Back in the day, navy days, my boyfriend introduced me to a tom collins. I really liked it for the short time I drank, about six months of my life. All of it in the navy and all under the influence of my boyfriend at the time. It's been 46 years since I've had anything to drink other than tea, milk, and water.
But why?
@DianneN See, I'm not perfect. With my life, there are two things I'm very happy about, one that I didn't take up smoking and that I didn't drink more than those six months. I could have easily become addicted to both. If it weren't for God in my life, I would be in the looney bin, seriously.
I like bourbon and lemon juice, half n half. Tickles my tonsils
Oh, wow! I have to have a sip of that!
I'll bet you'll like it @DianneN
@rebelann We will have to have one together some day!
That's a pretty picture of you..drunken eyes and all. I like vodka with a sparkling lemon water. I change it up though but vodka is always my drink of choice.
That sounds refreshing! I love vodka tonics with a wedge of lime. I switch between vodka and gin in my martinis. We must go out for a drink and lunch one of these days!
@DianneN That would be a lot of fun. I hope some day we can make it happen!
@Happy2BeMe I’m hoping we can!
@GreatMartin (10109)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I started off with frozen daiquiris in my teens (hey it was legal to drink at 18 in NYC--so I fudged a little--and why that drink is a long story)--then when I lived in Beverly Hill I started on Moscow Mules--in my 30s it was vodka on the rocks and then in the first half of my 40s scotch, usually Johnny Walker and then it happened---no more booze in my life and since 1981 I have been drinking diet cola only to find out they aren't good for you!!
@jstory07 You are so right about that! I don’t drink any soda, but enjoy a morning cup of caffeinated coffee in the morning.
@garymarsh6 (19609)
You looked absolutely stunning I have to say and you didn't look tipsy to me.My favourite tipple is vodka. There are so many types of vodka and yes they are very different in taste. I rang a food guru on a radio show when he said that all vodkas taste the same. I was hopping mad with him. He quite clearly does not know his vodka. And where he got his connoisseur title from heaven above knows! Thankfully a vodka expert rang after me and agreed with me and told him in no uncertain terms!
@hereandthere (39264)
i'd say you look tipsy, not drunk. but what do i know? i don't really drink. i mean i've tasted some but they make me itch.
Tipsy is a more refined word. Thank you. Our younger son doesn’t drink either and that’s perfectly okay.
@Nakitakona (15023)
Sorry I don't drink.
No problem. My son doesn’t either.
@Nakitakona (15023)
@DianneN That's wonderful.
@CarolDM (45672)
Glad you enjoyed yourself. You look very nice.
Thank you. I guess you didn’t look at my drunk eyes.
@CarolDM (45672)
@DianneN Your eyes are fine, you are beautiful!
@CarolDM I knew I loved you for a reason.
You are gorgeous!!!! I'm 24 and never had a martini but they seem very interesting, do you have any recommendations for when I first try one? Also you look stunning!!! (again) haha
Thank you so much! It must be the martini that makes me look better than I actually am. Martinis are an acquired taste. It took many years for me to enjoy them. Perhaps your first can be a chocolate martini or pineapple martini. Those are easier to take.
@DianneN The pineapple sounds good! I think I will try that one first, thank you so much! :D and yeah I can imagine it takes some time to get used to the taste
@samysotelo18 Great! It took me years to learn how to enjoy them. Now I’m almost a pro.
@DocAndersen (9265)
A good scotch! but a Ketel one martini with blue cheese olives, right up there!
Sounds perfect to me! My husband only drinks a good scotch. I love Tito’s or Bombay Sapphire. However, I think I’d drink anything.
@DianneN Ketel one is a nice smooth vodka!
@DocAndersen Yes, it is!
@birjudanak (10699)
I don't drink but my friends. by the way, first time hear this name as they generally drink common and i know some name too but this one is new for me and of course because i not take it. You looking so pretty mam.
Good for you! It is not necessary to drink. Our younger son doesn’t either. Many thanks! Perhaps I need to drink more!
@birjudanak (10699)
@DianneN Yeah but what difference in here and there is weather and quality so its good at your place and you can enjoy with more drink
@LindaOHio (13063)
You looked a little "glowy" in that picture. Beautiful picture by the way! I only drink once a year now, on New Year's Eve. I like vodka and cranberry the best.
Glowy will be my new term!. Love it! I’ve had vodka and cranberry juice. Not a bad choice!
@Janet357 (30789)
and yet you are still poised! hahah no i don't have any favorites just coffee and water Miss D.
. Good for you!
@Metsrock69 (1470)
I don't drink martinis but I do like my jack daniels. I also get loud but in a fun way
You sound like my sister-in-law! Nothing wrong letting loose!