WE have our first Local transmission

@rsa101 (28951)
I was mylotting when I was texted by my wife telling me that there is now our first case of local transmission here in our country. At first, I did not bother but I started searching online and found one from our local news provider that there is indeed our first Covid-19 positive local infection and the patient has no travel history abroad so the patient has contracted it here already. I felt a bit surprised about it and the patient is supposed to be coming near our house. The patient is a sales person from a mall nearby our residence. Oh boy we're not free from this virus anymore.
The Philippines confirmed Friday 2 more cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), bringing the total to 5, including one that could be a potential case of local transmission.
@besweet (9359)
• Greece
He probably got the virus from someone who is sick and hasn't been quarantined yet, stay safe.
@rsa101 (28951)
Well I know that mall is a favorite place for bargain goods and some foreigners also visit that place to find bargain items sold in that place. The place is always full of people there so it is hard to really know how many were infected. That is also the place where the hostage taking of a security guard happen several days ago.
@besweet (9359)
• Greece
@rsa101 It's better if you avoid that place for the next 2 weeks and wait to see if any more cases will come up.
@rsa101 (28951)
@besweet That is true it is actually a few blocks from my place but we do not frequent the place lately.
@JustBhem (72466)
• Davao, Philippines
I did not know that from the news. You must be careful then.
@rsa101 (28951)
I know it happened where I am living near it. That is really not a good news to hear. The Hospital admitted they have taken in the patient but they have transferred it to another hospital. The City Mayor also ordered the closure of the prayer room of the Muslims there since the patient was Muslim who frequents the prayer room of the mall. I also read that even some of the establishments of the mall voluntarily closed their shops.
@rappeter13 (8571)
We also have corona virus 40 km away from us. But I am not afraid, as 98 percent of the cases cure.
@rsa101 (28951)
Well that may be true especially when you have strong immune system. What is alarming is the rate infection is transferred from one host to another. No one wants to get infected with no known cure for it.
@rsa101 I don't have a strong immune system, I usually get all the possible viruses.
@rsa101 (28951)
@rappeter13 and most probably you have not yet encountered this new one yet. I know our bodies can accept different threats from outside but therr are certain infections that our body do not know how to fight off.
That is very worrying. I do hope you won't all be put in quarantine.
@rsa101 (28951)
I hope not since this is the first local infection then I think they will have contact tracing on this and we seldom visit the place so I have not have any contact with the people there..
@rsa101 So at least that is positive.
@rsa101 (28951)
@JudyEv Yeah its just the proximity of the place that worries me.
@averygirl72 (23393)
I'm also worried. Most cases have travel history. But I heard one has no travel history but welcome guest from different places or countries
@rsa101 (28951)
That is alarming that we have one local transmission already since that means the virus is on the loose already jumping from one host to another.
@averygirl72 (23393)
@rsa101 The virus is in the air already
@rsa101 (28951)
@averygirl72 It's not airborne they say but transmission is from person to person still. If you meet someone with it then you have direct and indirect contact it could transfer to you. But you cannot get it through the air that you breath.
@resukill22 (24982)
• Las Pinas City, Philippines
Be careful now, we should wear mask
@rsa101 (28951)
I guess not only wearing of mask but most important of all hygienic habits like frequent washing of hands and avoiding crowded places as much as we can.
@resukill22 (24982)
• Las Pinas City, Philippines
@rsa101 yes that's a number one important to avoid the sickness
Stay safe and wash your hands a lot.
@rsa101 (28951)
Yes we have been practicing that a long time ago already. But then we could not be assured that is enough to really avoid infection. We just hope and pray that we can get through with it because we still believe that in time this will be eradicated by a vaccine. It will just take time to have it spread around the globe.
@Janet357 (60746)
and where in the Philippines are you?
@rsa101 (28951)
I live in San Juan city and work in Quezon City.