Aquarium update

@rsa101 (28951)
I had a lot of things done yesterday. Early in the morning I had decided to visit our nearby pet store since my aquarium needs some new residents. During the quarantine period, there seems to be some kind of a problem that arose in it that one by one my fished died. Last Saturday my longest staying fish died and was kind of sad that it happened. Only a couple of my danios remain in my tank so I was fortunate that the pet store near was open already so I bought six to fill my small tank again. Today all of them are happily swimming around again in my tank and it is such a nice thing to see my tank alive once again. Just crossing my fingers that the problem is not around my tank anymore since I just have it water changed and clean it.
@Alexandoy (66401)
• Cainta, Philippines
If you have not determined the cause of the fish kill in your tank then that might happen again.
@Alexandoy (66401)
• Cainta, Philippines
@rsa101 from what I know, big fishes need a big tank because the air gets easily polluted in a small tank.
@rsa101 (28951)
@Alexandoy Yeah that’s why the fish I bought this time are smaller so that they can fit in my tank. The past several days seems they are happily swimming around
@Alexandoy (66401)
• Cainta, Philippines
@rsa101 smaller and probably less in number.
sorry you lost your fish, I have guppies & lost over 1/2 of them a few mos back so I know how that feels, glad that you got more to replace them.
@rsa101 (28951)
Yeah my small tank may just be the culprit. Water chemistry just changes might just be stressful for them especially it’s summertime the last few months and temperatures can also be very harsh too.
@rsa101 what size you have ?? cause the bigger the tank the better they are.
@rsa101 (28951)
@hardtimes1958 l only have a 5 gallon tank so it pretty small. I read that the water parameters can easily change and affect fish and the plants.
• Walnut Creek, California
I hope they all get along and stay healthy.
@rsa101 (28951)
Hope so too.
• Walnut Creek, California
@rsa101 So far so good?
@rsa101 (28951)
@TheHorse Yes it is doing hood for now. l choose smaller fish so they won’t have a space problem.
I'm really happy your aquarium is working well again. Hope it stays that way.
@rsa101 (28951)
Yeah I realized that the smaller your tank is the harder to maintain them since water parameters can easily change and affect either the plants or the fish. I just am contemplating on getting a bigger tank.
@rsa101 A larger tank may do the trick! Good luck.
@rsa101 (28951)
@DianneN well a larger tank doesn’t easily change the water parameters unlike in the small tanks that it easily stresses the fish and the plants.
I hope your fish will enjoy swimming in your aquarium and they won't die again.
@rsa101 (28951)
I realized that dying cannot be avoided in a tank I have since it is small one and can accommodate small fish. Once they start getting big they tend to get stressed in the tank.
@thelme55 (53630)
Good luck for your aquarium.
@rsa101 (28951)
Yeah despite the problem I seem to be enjoying having them around it is really a stress reliever for me having them around. l even ppan of having a second tank. . But that is when I have save enough for that of course.
@Janet357 (60746)
You know,.I like aquarium too, but i.want a puffer fish and stingray there. ,))
@rsa101 (28951)
Yeah I saw one in the petshop a fresh water variety of puffer fish and a stingray. I just didn’t bother getting it since mine is a small tank only so it would not fit my tank.
It would be very sad to watch the fish dying one by one. I hope your new ones live longer.
@rsa101 (28951)
Yeah I cannot figure out what affecting them. I cannot do anything but water change it hoping the fresh water wpuld make the condition better butbyhey slowly deteriorated.
@ExplorewtMe (5499)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I think you should try to get the reason behind that. So that it will not happen again.