Motherly Love

Boise, Idaho
It's a wonderful thing......motherly love. Strong and vibrant. We, mothers, are proud of our kids. Love them dearly. Our hearts break when they go through bad times. But, what in the world can we do if they are up against the cancer stick? My daughter has been smoking now for somewhere around thirty-five(35) years. She has tried to quit many times. She has tried the patches, the gum, medications, etc. I really don't want to see her with an oxygen tank and emphysema in her lungs. Ugh! She already has a cough. I recall back when I was in junior high and taking a home nursing class. We watched a documentary on smoking. (This was back in the early 60's)So horrible to see smokers with holes in their throats still smoking through that hole. I get chills just thinking about it. My daughter is strong as an ox physically, mentally she has her recall issues and is bi-polar, has even been addicted to meth for a time, but as far as the nicotine addiction goes she is a wimp. I wish I knew of a miracle that would help her to forget that cigarettes even exist. Your thoughts.
When she is ready and I mean really ready you won't have to do anything. The one thing that many smokers have admitted to themselves when being push to reality is they like to smoke. I have smoked for many years. I can't ever get addicted because anxiety issues cause me to smoke. That usually stems from a bad episode with kay involved. I can put the pack down in a min and not smoke again. As soon as an issue tests my sanity I am at the corner store buying 5 loose. Kay hates the smell and I do as well but when her nerves are bad she will pull up to a corner store and buy one. She can't even smoke the entire stick. for me I keep away from her when that happens because once I get back to not smoking I can't be around it. I smoke ten last month but so far nothing this month. I can tell I won't smoke this month since after Kay got cut I was not smoking. That should have done it so. Kay and I both are bi polar. Suffering depression and both anxiety. Good luck to your daughter.
I can't breathe when there is cig smoke around. Ugh! I have socially smoked for periods of time but never 'addicted'. Bi-polar is no fun is it? The hardest part was finding the right meds.
@celticeagle it is one of the worst mental disorders to manage but with meds you can find a way to live a better life.
this one can be really hard for people.
A horrible addiction.
@LindaOHio (76155)
I'm so sorry to hear this. She must want to make the change. All you can do is pray for her that she changes her ways. I pray that she does too.
Thank you.
@Nakitakona (45686)
That's how the mother loves her daughter. Miracle may happen. Only God can heal your sick daughter. Let's pray for her.