How do people move during the virus situation?

Israel
I guess I am wondering since it is supposed to be social distance and someone moves to a new place how do they do it. Do they just call someone and trust them to get all out and then wait at the new place for them to show up or what?
@thelme55 (46104)
There are movers companies who are doing that. They bring your furniture to the new house and you paid them. The furniture is insured in the company if there is something broken or gone. Well, that's how it is here.
• Israel
@thelme55 Insurance is not automatic. You have to tell them you want it or if something is broken then they do not pay for it if you do not have the insurance.
@thelme55 (46104)
@Hannihar I see. Thanks for the info. Enjoy your Monday.
• Israel
@thelme55 Thanks and now it is Tuesday morning. You are welcome.
That would be awful. Our son bought his new house that hadn't been lived in for over 4 months. He looked at it virtually online, talked to an agent, had it sprayed professionally, and then rented a sanitized truck and moved a few things in from his place in NYC himself. He rented all brand new furniture and bought a few pieces. He and his wife thought everything out beforehand.
• Israel
@DianneN Your son sounds very sensible. My move to here was a nightmare and something I do not want to repeat.
@Hannihar At least you didn't have to move during a pandemic and are now settled. I can imagine having to move from one country to another.
• Israel
@DianneN I am not leaving the country, but, not settled where we live. I want to take care of other things that need to be taken care of right now and checks rents online and they are very expensive.
I am sure you would either hire a company or rent a uhaul truck like we did.
• Israel
@jstory07 I can see that. So, how did you find a place to move to? Did you do it during the virus and if so did you go look or find one online and was it fine when moved there?
@Hannihar We moved back in 2015. My two sons moved everything here in a u-haul for us and put the stuff in a storage unit using our address as the code to get in, We figured out everything out ahead of time. We had the money to buy a new house with the sale of our old house. We left behind all of our furniture except our queen size bed. We even had the address of homes we wanted to buy. We had cash for the new home so we got in fast when we found a smaller home to buy.
• Israel
@jstory07 Sounds you were very organized. Good for you even though it was way before the virus.
Not sure, I would think that the movers would be wearing masks and gloves. And then sanitize what they can after the movers are done.
• Israel
@Susan2015 I blelieve to move it would lots of work for the person moving and cleaning up after the movers.
I'm not certain how it works. I haven't seen a lot of people moving in here since the pandemic started.
• Israel
@just4him Thanks Valerie and that is ok.
@Alexandoy (59904)
• Cainta, Philippines
Moving to a new home is a big issue because you have to consider everything from the carriers of the cargo to the cleaning of the new home. I don't know how to go about it.
• Israel
@Alexandoy I understand what you are saying. After reading what you wrote it made me think you have to clean the old one and the new one as well.
@Alexandoy (59904)
• Cainta, Philippines
@Hannihar we moved from a rented house so you can imagine the things that we had to carry and the dirt that we left in the rented house. We had it cleaned by a hired hand (neighbor).
• Israel
@Alexandoy I was thinking about the cleaning part. I had someone cleaned where I used to live and someone to paint the apartment and that mean having to be not far from them to pay them. That was long before the virus, but now I really do not like to be near people.
@Adie04 (6649)
I also have no idea about this since nobody moves.
• Israel
@Adie04 Somebody in my apartment did move so that is why I was curious. I saw the guy look back to see about if they got everything and then drove off.
@Adie04 (6649)
@Hannihar maybe you might want to ask how does he move? Maybe he can share some guidelines on moving.
• Israel
@Adie04 They moved already and we were not friendly. I do not miss them, but, wondered how it was done. I have other things to take care of, but, since we have so much trouble with the bully above us I thought about it, but, so expensive. I have to get other things straightened out now.
@Nevena83 (51881)
• Serbia
I don't know how it happens here.
• Israel
@Nevena83 That is ok. I was curious.
My sister bought a house during the pandemic. She hired movers to move all her furniture into the home and all wear masks and gloves. She was very cautious and she sanitized everything and she also had all the carpeting steam-cleaned. She is fine.
• Israel
@Corbin5 It sounds like a lot of work. I am glad they wore masks. Here not sure if they wear masks. I am glad she is fine.
Thankfrully we don't need to move during this time. I'm not sure how we'd go about it.
• Israel
@JudyEv Thanks Judy. I am glad you do not have to move.
@birjudanak (13756)
It maybe toughs to go for new place in this situation as people will look with different types. If they do things properly then I don't think anyone has problem.
• Israel
@birjudanak For me it would be tough to go view a place in person, but, I believe some would do it. I find just viewing online you really do not see the place clearly.