TWINS are NOT Acceptable Because...

...I only sign up to teach one student at a time online. I started my day to teach two kids. Before anything else, I informed the parents that it is not allowed. They were obviously angry towards me and claimed these kids are twins (a young boy and girl). I explained that it is not considered an individual. I am just a person who follows the company's rules. Am I bad? Do you think I need to consider twins as one? Image Credit: verywellfamily.com
No, of course not! Twins are two kids, period. You were/are totally right.
Thank you that you understood my stand with this concern. I am so kind enough to let them have the class online. But I made sure that this will not happen next time.
@YrNemo (18739)
That is funny (of the parents). You have a legitimate reason/excuse not to do so. (Guess they want to save some money?)
You said it right. I do not mind if they stick a pen on their cameras. As far as I know, it is the right thing to do. I also assumed that they want to save money. It is my downside because they need to double pay me for this concern.
@YrNemo (18739)
@Shavkat (they are going to distract each other instead of learning anything).
@bbghitte (1969)
That is totally funny! Maybe this is just a scheme that they are trying to make just save some amount of money.
In fact, I am feeling disappointed with them. I know that it is to save money. In my part, it will be a toxic situation.
@jayanth_77 (5934)
Twins are individuals and parents are totally wrong by claiming they are one although they look the same . You may get clarification from your seniors regards this twins issue and explain to the parents accordingly. Do it amicably so that all are convinced.
They are fraternal twins, my friend. At first, I did not notice it. Regardless, I do not need to inform any seniors because I am working as a freelancer. Let them deal with this concern if they are going to complain.
No, twins are two people,
Literally, I am having nosebleed when talking with them. This is taking advantage of my kindness. In the end, I asked to call the customer service to clarify this further.
@emnuhpe (285)
• Medan, Indonesia
I have twins boys. They are 8 years old now.
They seem like fine young boys. Are they naughty sometimes?
@emnuhpe (285)
• Medan, Indonesia
@Shavkat Yes, sometimes they are naughty, sometimes they are sweet children.
@emnuhpe I am sure they are going to be good boys in the future. They just need to be guided by you and your wife.
@Adie04 (5296)
Eiii... Twins have two heads aren't they? Why count as one? They must wanted to get a discount from you.
They just want to take advantage of me. If they want a discount, then they can just negotiate with the company.
@Adie04 (5296)
@Shavkat eii, that's not fair right? We as tutors need earning to eat and live
@Adie04 You said it right. I am still by the book about this. Our professions are not like the in the public market that you ask for a discount.
Of course you cannot teach the two children at once. They are being very inconsiderate. At least you have company policy to back you up.
It is really unbecoming for some people to take advantage of this situation. Now, I had proven that sometimes this phrase is not applicable to certain situations: "The customer is always right."
@Shavkat There are always exceptions to every rule, isn't there?
@JudyEv That's the downside of my company. They still care about their customers' concerns.
@thelme55 (45346)
Of course not. Twins are 2 individuals. You were doing right.
I do not know why some people need to do this. It is really not acceptable. Even if they file a formal complaint to the company, I am ready to face them with pride.
@thelme55 (45346)
@Shavkat Maybe they just want to try if you can allow them. Maybe they think they only have to pay for the child but not the twin.
@thelme55 I think they know the rules upon enrolling their kids. They just pretend that they did not know, my friend. Perhaps they did this with the other virtual teachers and did not call their attention about it. Some of these virtual teachers are scared to be put this against them. That is how this company to control us. For me, I cannot allow them to do so.
@moonandstars (38123)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
If they have seperate birth certificates, they are two people, come on
Indeed. They are just being so unthinkable people. If you can only see them in rage, but I ignore it.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@Shavkat you're a very tolerant person. so, how will this be resolved?
@moonandstars It is up to the company's way of resolving it.
@Lushlala (3256)
• Gaborone, Botswana
Twins are adorable and I LOVE them - but you are right, they should count as two people. Those parents are being unreasonable LOL
I do love twins, especially if they are identical. With these kids, they are fraternal. I did not notice it at first. But I need to call their attention about this matter,
@Lushlala (3256)
• Gaborone, Botswana
@Shavkat Same here! I think they are so CUTE! And yes, you absolutely have to pull the parents up on it. They are being cheeky
@Lushlala They do. In some way, I was entertained by them.
• Israel
@Shavkat You are following orders and the parents just do not seem to understand. I believe like you do that they are two people and not one.
I think I am right with this concern. My classes are only 1:1.
• Israel
@Shavkat You are right with this concern.
@sarik1 (2112)
Never . it is funny.
Agree. They are so funny so to speak.
Nope schools won't consider them one so you were right
I agree. In all angles, it is not really acceptable.
@wolfgirl569 (30434)
• Marion, Ohio
Still 2 people
Indeed, my friend. I am so tired of telling these people to stop doing it.
@minx267 (14927)
• Hartford, Connecticut
nope, twins are still 2 people. besides they learn better with one on one teaching.