Maybe I will eat cheese curds after all

By Faye
@FayeHazel (32649)
Hi all, While I love going to fairs and little city events for the people watching, for seeing exhibits, having entertainment, -- I also like the food. And while most if not all things have been cancelled, at least I might be able to get the junk food I like the best after all - that being cheese curds. One of the concessions companies has set up in the parking lot of our mall. So , in addition to cheese curds, there is lemonade, corn dogs, cotton candy, probably lots of other stuff too. I have seen another food truck set up too. I do wish I would see more of the smaller/family owned food trucks .... this is to be tough on them business wise with all events canceled. Another thought I had is how is it ok to have people go through line to get food, but not to be at the fair, but I suppose it's duration of time that you're in line. If you're at the fair - you want to spend some time. Not to mention if you have kids going on rides or if you're going on rides yourself then I suppose sanitation is a consideration, too. Whereas if you are just buying concessions , then you get in line, get your food and leave. Have you seen this near you?>
https://www.visitstcloud.com/event/millers-concessions-fair-food/2020-08-06/
@JimBo452020 (15663)
• Montrose, Scotland
Cheese Curds Not something I have ever heard of. I wouldnt be going near any fair or similar event even after lockdown is lifted. I cant see social distancing working or things being kept clean and sanitized. Not worth the risk.
I've never heard of them either.
@JimBo452020 (15663)
• Montrose, Scotland
@JudyEv I asked Yvonne She hadnt heard of them.either
@JimBo452020 I found that you can get them in Australia. I'll have to have a look for them one day.
@CarolDM (81906)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Food trucks usually have great food but not sure if they are open right now.
I have not seen this yet. Glad those safety precautions are in place.
I never go to a food truck.I always eat at home.I know what is in it.Boring I am sorry.lol
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese_curd
@moonandstars (38069)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
when there are some carnivals, we have it but, i must say, i don't like their food anymore. as a child, i loved waiting for gummy bears candies of many different kinds
@xander6464 (14103)
• Wapello, Iowa
Setting up in the mall parking lot is a great idea. And why don't more places have cheese curds all the time? Here, you can get them at Walmart and Culvers but I think they are the only ones.
No not yet anyways
@Adie04 (5147)
Probably real cheese is more delicious than processed cheese.
I've never heard of cheese curds. Apparently you can buy them in Australia.
Cheese curds is one food item I wanted to like. My late mom and sister raved about cheese curds, but when I finally tried them I didn't like them. I'm tried them years later just in case last time was a bad batch, but no. Cheese curds just aren't my thing. Oddly, I'd try them again if I got the chance.
@m_audrey6788 (31668)
Sorry not familiar with that