Other than the four seasons: Ant season

By Adie
@Adie04 (5296)
Nope. Not winter, spring, summer or autumn. It's ant season. I know, ants are available anywhere, any time, 12 months in a year. I mean the ant in my house, now they come out in large numbers. Usually, only one or two or a few can be seen. Now, I can see them in groups; I can found them in a kitchen, living room, bedroom, even in bathroom, places where usually I don't see them, now there are. My picture seems to make mylot error, maybe the resolution isn't right. I'll try upload a new one later. It reminds me of a storybook I ever read; the ants are collecting food for winter. That makes me wonder if the raining season or monsoon is almost upon us Stay safe, take care. Adie, Last June 2020.
@oahuwriter (14496)
I know what you mean! I put Combat Ant baits. Usually they disappear after it. But this time, not so.
@Adie04 (5296)
Ouch. Ants are becoming stronger by the day. They can become immune to our tools
@oahuwriter (14496)
@ridingbet (65663)
big red biting ants, black, fast running ants, and the small red ants that come and devour leftovers. those ants are really pests for us, and my sister would put ant killer powder in the corners of where they come out,
@Adie04 (5296)
Wow, I think that's the first time I heard about ant powders. How is it look like?
@ridingbet (65663)
@Adie04 looks like any ordinary ant-killer powder; nothing special
@Adie04 (5296)
@ridingbet thanks for the tips I would find one online later. I don't think can find it in store here.
@Alexandoy (58916)
• Cainta, Philippines
The ants here are still coming to our kitchen once in a while but only in small groups now. In the backyard the black ants are dominating the territory. When we harvested the banana yesterday, the tree had so many ants that I think there was a nest because of the many white eggs I saw in the nook of the stem (leaves).
@Adie04 (5296)
Oh yes! Here also the black ants now are marching They even dare to climb to my hands, legs Maybe this the time they will lay eggs and have another family?
@Alexandoy (58916)
• Cainta, Philippines
@Adie04 from the way you described the black ants, it looks like they are planning a protest march. Waheehee.
@Adie04 (5296)
@Alexandoy Looks like every species wanted to participate in a protest this year
• Agra, India
Yes...they become very common here also during the start of the rainy season
@Adie04 (5296)
Animal's activity can help us know what is going on around us, be it monsoon, tsunami or others.
• Agra, India
@Adie04 yes..true. but these ants come very easily when the humidity is high
@Adie04 (5296)
@birjudanak (13265)
In my previous home there were lots of insect comeout during summer and monsoon. Ants are in group and busy to take away sweet food but not now.
@Adie04 (5296)
Yup. It happens here too. During common days, very few will come out. But when there's something, the ants suddenly cones out in very big numbers. Maybe they indicate that the monsoon is almost coming, that's what I think.
@birjudanak (13265)
@Adie04 The Most amazing thing is that once they know a sweet thing around it, they come in large number as how they communicate.
@Adie04 (5296)
@birjudanak that's amazing indeed.
@Ecoy41 (2201)
My mum would red ants are a good luck but the black ones aren't. I would just tell her they both bite and it hurts.
@Adie04 (5296)
Lol. Mom also said that to me like you did.
@cherigucchi (8234)
I have them here also at home but not that many.
@Adie04 (5296)
That's great to hear then
I'm fortunate that ants here stay outside.
@Adie04 (5296)
Wow, the ants there are polite ones Here, they don't care. 'We are ants and we invade your house!' I'm sure that's what probably the ants are saying.
Most of the ants I see around here are carpenter ants @Adie04 they are usually black or black and red
@Adie04 (5296)
@rebelann ahh.... So that's what the name they are.... Yeah mostly black and small ants. So that is a carpenter ants
I’d go crazy with ants and would need to get professionally sprayed.
@Adie04 (5296)
I would like to too, but mom insist to do it alone
@Adie04 I wish her lots of luck. Ants are so nasty!!!
@Adie04 (5296)
@DianneN I know! One sprayed, they will find another place to go out Ouch
I hope you can get rid of them. I've used ground cloves for them. I know salt also works.
@Adie04 (5296)
Oops. Isn't that salt might attract them more?
@Adie04 Salt kills them.
@Adie04 (5296)
@just4him I see! I would love to apply it but I don't know if mom like it. But maybe I'll do it in my dormitory. So where to sprinkle it?
@CinnamonGrl (6540)
• Santa Fe, New Mexico
I found a good pet-safe spray to use against pests, seems to be working so far. I spray it under the front and back doors and any windows they could get through. Haven't had any ants inside since I started using it. Have my fingers crossed! We do have a lot of ants around here. Their holes are everywhere.
@Adie04 (5296)
Oh that's good you found some spray that can make them go away. Oh yeah, their holes are everywhere and they can even pop up everywhere too
@JimBo452020 (15778)
• Montrose, Scotland
I havent seen any ants at all this year, or last year.
@Adie04 (5296)
Wow! What luck you have there Send some of your luck to me!
Those ants can be so annoying. We have always used Terro Ant Killer and it works really well.
@Adie04 (5296)
Aigoo.... I know that ants need to live also. But finding food in large numbers indicate something that maybe monsoon is almost upon us.
If they're around in my room that means it might rain in a matter of days.
@Adie04 (5296)
That's what happens here too. Mom always said that if the ants suddenly come out in large numbers, she will said 'nah, their home flooded'.
We have some red ants here in the kitchen area
@Adie04 (5296)
Ouch. That red ants usually bites.
We spray for them when they appear. I do not like ants.
@Adie04 (5296)
Aye, we also do it here, but the ants are getting clever. They will find another way to get to what they wants