What are You Reading and Why?

@franxav (7922)
This adventure of Sherlock Holmes was taking me rather too long a time to finish. I keep my light reading for half an hour after lunch. Though the Adventure of Silver Blaze had roused my curiosity to the peak I was not ready to give it any more time than I could give. Thus, the story had carried on for six days. That was time long enough to make me forget the beginning of it. You know what happens when we watch our favorite soaps or sitcoms. By the time we come to the tenth episode we have forgotten the first piece. And so, I decided to allot the adventure an extra time and conclude the episode. I took the book to the bed and read two pages. Then again in the morning while I sipped my morning immunity booster tea I finished the last two pages. During the reading, many times I ventured my guess as to who the culprit could be. I must confess I was wrong. Not any rival, not any enemy on the race course killed the trainer but the horse itself, that too in self-defence! Only the genius from Baker Street could unravel the mystery and only the master Doyle could create such a masterpiece! It is not only the entertainment which is superb in reading good books but I perceive happily how they mould our mind.
@Adie04 (6649)
I am reading you.... So that I won't get bored.. Sorry, I was just joking. Currently I'm reading back the children storybook. Because I like it, short, simple and has a moral values in it.
@franxav (7922)
I too read children's stories occasionally as I have to tell them some.
@Adie04 (6649)
Sometimes I read too quickly and don't always pick up the minor points. I often read books twice and get much more out of them second time through.
@franxav (7922)
I too read some books twice to find something I missed in the first read.
I just finished reading The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai, A good read it was. I will start reading The Probable Future by Alice Hoffman due to liking the works of Alice Hoffman.
@franxav (7922)
Kiran Desai sounds like an Indian name, though I have not read any of her book. I remember reading Alice Hoffman vaguely.
@franxav Yes, Kiran is Indian. She spends her time between the USA and India. I learned about the Hillmen's Association of Darjeeling thatsubmitted a memorandum to Minto-Morley Reforms demanding a separate administrative setup. Gorkhaland was coined by Subhash Ghisingh, leader of Gorkha National Liberation Front, who led a violent agitation for its formation in the 1980s. The book is so well-written.
@cherigucchi (8436)
I cannot remember the last book I read. may be its time to grab a new one.
@franxav (7922)
Nothing like a good book, it is a mental nourishment. Wish you a happy reading.
@franxav Wishing you the same.
• Agra, India
You reminded me of the times when I was a fan of Sherlock Holmes...but I read his short stories. Not tye full books
@franxav (7922)
Luckily, I got the collection of Sherlock Holmes adventures from the school library. That has been my companion these few weeks.
• Japan
I am re-reading the Harry Potter series this summer. I really enjoy them.
@franxav (7922)
Wow, Rowling is someone I will read again too.
@Nakitakona (30312)
I haven't read any book yet but I have listed several books which I may read soon.