No more summer school classes

Japan
My school offered us to teach online summer school for 3 weeks at the beginning of our summer holidays. I offered three one-week courses of sign language. As you know, I taught the first week. We had to have at least 6 people signed up to be allowed to do the course. My second and third week didn't have enough kids enrolled. I'm sad because I had so much fun the first week, but I'm glad because now I can focus on other things. I am teaching private flute lessons online to a few of the kids who want to study during the summer, and private piano to my two neighbor kids, so it's not like I'm idle! It earns me a little money and also keeps me from totally withdrawing from society, getting bored etc. I also enjoy teaching! I know a lot of your school schedules have been messed up by the pandemic. Japanese public school will only get 2 weeks of summer holidays instead of 6. What about where you live?
I’m retired, so no more teaching for me, but so glad you have flute lessons to keep you going. My grandkids are finished with school for our summer. My granddaughter took American Sign Language as an elective on her online class.
• Japan
Nice! I'm glad she took ASL.
@petatonicsca So was her mother. She’s fluent in it.
@Adie04 (5296)
Aye, the school and universities schedule really messed up. Now that classes cannot fit more than 20 students, even I am called to tutor students. Lecturer cannot handle 2 classes at the same time.
• Japan
I just read about that in the news. How can one teacher take care of two classes in separate rooms?
@Adie04 (5296)
@petatonicsca maybe that's why lecturers need us tutors to help them teach 1 course 2 classes.
School is back to normal in my state but there have been corona cases in some schools in the eastern states so I'm not sure what is happening over there.
• Japan
That's good. Hope you can stay normal. It seems Australia is doing pretty well.
@petatonicsca It's got away from the authorities in Melbourne at the moment and a number of suburbs are now under lockdown.
@cherigucchi (8233)
No summer classes here as well because of the pandemic.
• Japan
We need this pandemic to go away. ASAP.
@petatonicsca That is true. It has brought a lot of struggle.
• Agra, India
The schools haven't opened up since March.
• Japan
This is truly crazy all over the world.
• Agra, India
@petatonicsca yes...no one could imagine that anything like this could also happen
Schools here are closed too and even the colleges and don't look like they will operate this year
• Japan
A number of colleges all over the world are looking like they will be online. I wonder if a lot of people will decide to put off going to college.