Trixie stretches her hind limbs

@ridingbet (65743)
My big brother bathed 6 of our dogs this morning, a task that I do when we are only 3 at home. My sister cannot sit low on a stool that is 1 foot high, so I did the grooming of the dogs while I advised her to rest in her room because she was starting again to complain of body aches when bathing the dogs should be done. (She never did assist me before when I bathed and groomed the dogs; son was in school). Trixie, our local mutt and the only brown dog we have, is partially blind now. Looking at her eyes,, her pupils have opacity (cataract). We feed her inside the house, in the kitchen, because she cannot locate her food except maybe the scent from her food. Trixie was the 4th dog bathed by my brother. As usual, she does her daily, or hourly stretching--- she stretches her back limbs as far as they could reach (of course one at a time), and it is a joy for me to watch her do that. What other actions do your dogs do? Do they exercise their limbs too?
I think dogs normally exercise like that and it's natural for them
@ridingbet (65743)
but have you seen one already?
I do not have any dogs right now but we did have one years ago that we enjoyed.
@ridingbet (65743)
but you do have a cat, right? do they have their baths too?
@ridingbet Most cats do not like baths but mine do.
@ridingbet (65743)
@jstory07 there is a saying that cats are scared of water that is why they lick their fur to clean it. i do not believe it too. i think cats can have their bath
I like it when the dogs wiggle after a bath and then they're stretch in the morning.
Do you have any dog.
@ridingbet (65743)
yes, and the whole surroundings also get wet. that is always fun when they try to remove the water from their fur.
• Japan
When I had a dog, she loved to dig holes in the yard. She also had hip dysplasia and liked to lie on her tummy in what I called the "froggy doggy" position.
@ridingbet (65743)
our dogs dig deeper if they see holes in our lawn. yes, aside from trixie, the other white dogs lie prone [position with all limbs hyper-stretched.
@thelme55 (46123)
My late dog Angus also stretched his hinds as an exercise. He did it on his own.
@ridingbet (65743)
i recall the site where you buried Angus--- in your garden, right? I remember how your dog looked like
@thelme55 (46123)
@ridingbet Yes, you have remembered it right. His grave has always flowers and surrounded with plants in my Pinas garden.
@ridingbet (65743)
@thelme55 Angus is well-loved. for me, i always get misty when i recall the canines that have gone to the rainbow bridge
@Adie04 (6649)
Usually after bath, dogs usually shake their body. And everytime after they wake up, they will stretch their body.
@ridingbet (65743)
they always do that- they shake. i have not seen a dog stretching her body. trixie stretches her hind limbs only.
@Adie04 (6649)
@ridingbet I think that's what it means. I'm not good in explaining the stretching though
She sounds so cute and must bring you great joy. We don’t have any dogs anymore except our two grand doggies who we adore. I believe all dogs and cats stretch.
@ridingbet (65743)
maybe they are also doing calisthenics? their bones should be good too.
We have no pets, but the cats of my neighbors do this exercise several times a day, they stretch their back limbs one at a time and then their back, they are cute doing this.
@ridingbet (65743)
true. trixie is a local mutt, so cute when she does that whenever she stands up.
@ridingbet Animals are lovely, those not pure breed are usually more intelligent.
That's interesting she does that. I don't remember my dogs doing any exercises other than running when they got outside.
@ridingbet (65743)
probably, trixie's limbs are having pain that is why she stretches? haha! i don't know the reason, really
Trixie sounds like such a sweet dog. I love to watch dogs do their stretching. Our dog loves to lay flat on the cool grass. Due to her being mostly Chow Chow, her back legs, unlike other dogs, are completely straight and very cute.
@ridingbet (65743)
when it is not hot anymore, our dogs play at the lawn, running around and barking at passersby. after lunch though, they come in and have their naps
@minx267 (15052)
• Hartford, Connecticut
My dogs (well 2 out of 3) insist that I play ball with them and love to bring me their ball but hardly ever want to release it so I can throw it! my youngest my 8 month old Black German Shepherd is now starting to annoy me by bringing me his ball in the house and palcing it on my pillow when I am trying to go to sleep. he does it over and over and I throw it to get him out of my face. I tell him I am not playing with him. But He thinks I am. so he brings it back.. lol