Saint Lucia

Saint Lucia is the only country in the world named after a woman.The country was named after Saint Lucy of Syracuse by the French. I think, women should also get the same respect as men, I am totally opposed to patriarchy. ??
• Japan
I wonder, though, how many countries are named after men and how many are named because of what they are like or where they are? (Japan, Nihon, means "source of the sun" so east of China.)
Yes
@petatonicsca There are several in the Caribbean Saint Martin, St Barthélemy, St. Christopher, St.Pierre, Saint Vincent.
It looks beautiful!
Woah I was not aware of it. Thanks for telling
Well, I think more countries should be named after women. Women definitely help build, maintain, populate, and run countries.
That is nice I love that place from many images I have seen.
@cherigucchi (8341)
It seems like a perfect place.
@myklj999 (44626)
Hello, and welcome to myLot. The first thing you should do when you get a chance is to follow the link I have provided to read the site FAQ and Guideline pages so you can become familiar with what is and is not allowed here. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Have questions about myLot? Help is here!
Thanks a lot.
@crafty01 (401)
• Jamshedpur, India
Well, I am also against patriarchy, the day we start to enjoy fairy tails, where Cinderella defends and saves her prince charming from the villains, you know, we are there!!.
The journalist who wrote the article surely forgot "Marie-Galante", that is also a French Island, the Island was named by Colombo from his Flagship Santa Maria.
@Adie04 (6329)
That's beautiful if the picture is Saint Lucia.
• Amravati, India
Nice country