My body pillow review

@1creekgirl (22427)
The body pillow I ordered on Amazon arrived a couple of days ago. It was squashed flat as a pancake in the vacuum sealed bag, but it fluffed up in a while. The shredded memory foam was very nice and it even had a zipper on the pillow itself so you could take out foam or add more stuffing if you wanted to. It was the U shaped design and I was so looking forward to sleeping with it instead of the four pillows I use. I got all settled and started rearranging the "legs" to fit me in all the right places. The one at my back was perfect. The part for my knees felt good. For a while, that is. I tried for over an hour to get the front "leg" like I wanted it, but never could. And that's not a good thing. It also had a cord that ran along the U shaped part that was very uncomfortable.Then I noticed that my feet were getting a little tingly. I thought, "Oh, great. My feet are going to sleep." I realized it wasn't good for my circulation and after another hour of desperately trying to convince myself it was comfy, I had to give up. So, I lugged it to another bedroom and got out my other pillows. Finally went to sleep. It's rather heavy and will be impossible to compress enough to get it back in the box. The only reason I ordered if from Amazon was that Kohls said they accept Amazon products returns and would take care of shipping it back if I needed to return it. Well, of course nothing ever goes quite like planned. As I was completing the form on Amazon to send it back, I never got the option to take it to Kohls. Amazon gave me some run around nonsense and now I have to somehow make it fit back in the box and drop it off at a UPS store. At least I don't have to pay shipping. I'll just stick with my four pillows. For now anyway.
@FayeHazel (33882)
Aw sorry that didn't work out. At least you can return at Kohl's
@1creekgirl (22427)
Returning to Kohls was a deciding factor in buying from Amazon. But when I started a return on line, I learned I have to take it to a UPS store. At least the shipping is free.
@FayeHazel (33882)
@1creekgirl I've had to take some things to UPS - I've always found the experience to be fast and easy :-)
@1creekgirl (22427)
@FayeHazel It really was easy, considering how hard we had to stuff that pillow into that box!
@Blondie2222 (25948)
Sorry this one didn't work out for you. I hope you can find one that woudl work for you. I don't use body pillows I just sleep with 3 pillows and I'm pretty comfortable at night with just that.
@1creekgirl (22427)
I think I'm just going to stay with my four pillows.
@Blondie2222 (25948)
@1creekgirl Okay whatever will work for you. I'm comfortable with just 3 pillows at night sometimes i do 2 it depends.
@1creekgirl (22427)
@Blondie2222 The only thing I'll probably keep looking for is a roundish shape pillow to put against my back at night.
I like body pillows. I have one I use sometimes..
@1creekgirl (22427)
What's your pillow like?
@1creekgirl It is blue and made of curduroy. It isn,t contoured in any way. I got this from Costco several years ago.
@1creekgirl (22427)
@snowy22315 It sounds cosy!
@JimBo452020 (22143)
• Montrose, Scotland
I wondered about you and this pillow I read some reviews. Most thought much the same as you. Tip, from a review, get a bigger box
@1creekgirl (22427)
I considered that, but it seems like I read somewhere that you would get charged for shipping if it's in another box. ??? Not sure how accurate that is.
@JimBo452020 (22143)
• Montrose, Scotland
@1creekgirl Why not just gift it to someone for Xmas lol
@1creekgirl (22427)
@JimBo452020 Too late, I just mailed it back by UPS today.
Is this the "My Pillow" body pillow I bought 2 of the" my pillows" at Wednesday Morning for a very good price and I love them, I do use a down pillow most of the time but the MY Pillow is pretty darn comfortable.
@1creekgirl (22427)
No, I haven't tried My Pillow. I love my latex foam pillow, but my husband likes a feather pillow.
@1creekgirl I live down the best but the my pillow is comfortable
I bet it will be a struggle to get it back in the box but bet you will get it done. At least you gave it a try.
@1creekgirl (22427)
Between my husband and I, we managed to get that bugger stuffed in that box! Dropped it off at UPS today.
@Ronrybs (10389)
• London, England
Sounds a right pantomime. Always the worst part about buying online
@1creekgirl (22427)
I prefer to shop in a store, but Covid had changed that.
@Ronrybs (10389)
• London, England
@1creekgirl Not half!
how disappointin' :( odd 'bout the return? i reckon ya could use yer vac to suck the air out'ta the bag?
@1creekgirl (22427)
My husband stuffed it in the box while I taped it down. We looked like an episode of I Love Lucy!
@1creekgirl i bet so! 't least ya'd ya some help with 't. oh, ya failed to mention'n yer review the manufacturer 'f such'n ill-fitted body pillow?
@sophie09 (24645)
If i wanna get myself a pillow, i will visit store
@1creekgirl (22427)
I could never find a body pillow like that in a store so I had to order from Amazon.
@sophie09 (24645)
you sleep with 4 pillows?
@1creekgirl (22427)
Yep, one king size latex foam, one regular size pillow, a smallish pillow and a little pillow. I sleep on the large one, have one between my knees, one behind my back and one under my arm that had surgery a while back.
@1creekgirl Yes .I have one pillow between my knees for my back
@CarolDM (94465)
Sorry it did not work. I don't think I would like a U shaped pillow. Maybe just a big regular body pillow. Works for me.
@1creekgirl (22427)
I really hoped this one would be perfect. It's just too heavy in some places.
@CarolDM (94465)
@1creekgirl I understand, it has to be just right. Tempurpedic is the best in my opinion.
• Walnut Creek, California
That's what I have. Four pillows. Sorry it didn't work out. I just returned some cologne that smelled NOTHING like what that cologne usually smells like. If they don't refund me in a timely fashion, a scathing review is forthcoming.
@1creekgirl (22427)
Did you get it from Amazon?
@UncleJoe (18830)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
When I was young I could sleep on a rock. Now everything has to be perfectly comfortable or I'll be up all night.
@1creekgirl (22427)
I'm like that. I say it's because I have a drop of royalty and I was the inspiration for the children's story "The Princess and the Pea". I can't rest unless there are absolutely no wrinkles or bumps or lumps. Unfortunately, I later found out that I don't have royal blood, I have Fibromyalgia.
@peachpurple (12824)
After the pillow was puffed up, does it feels springy ?
@1creekgirl (22427)
It stayed puffy, but I wouldn't say it would spring back like regular memory foam. It was shredded foam and was actually comfy, but just not the size and shape I need.
@Nakitakona (34867)
That's too inconvenient for you. Sorry to hear that. Don't worry your four pillows on hand are still there for you to give the usual comfort which you are used to and make you fall asleep.
@1creekgirl (22427)
I know, they're waiting for me in my bed!
Sorry that didn't work out for you. It doesn't sound like it was comfortable at all.
@1creekgirl (22427)
Parts were okay, but I just couldn't get comfortable.
Oh, how annoying. :-(
@1creekgirl (22427)
I even called Kohls and was assured I could leave it there. But I had to have a QR reader and the only way to get that was to take it to a UPS store. Annoying, indeed.
@JESSY3236 (13267)
I bought two shredded memory form pillows from Amazon a few years ago. One pillow is for Chris when he comes down. The other pillow I use. My pillow has become kinda flat, but I love it.
@LindaOHio (46767)
I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.
@xFiacre (7991)
@1creekgirl The old fashioned way is usually the best.