The neighbor wanted to clean my car again today

He wants to do it like every 2 weeks. Cars don't need to be detailed every 2 weeks. That's like a 2 time a year thing. It is cheap for him to do it--$30 (though I give him $40) but it is annoying for me to have to go to the local ATM and then pay an extra $2.50 b/c it isn't my bank's ATM. I wasn't in the mood to deal with it today so I told him to come back next week. Again it doesn't need to be cleaned so soon but I consider it goodwill to give him the money. He obviously needs it.
That's a nice arrangement. Maybe you can find other cars - the cars of friends, colleagues or relatives - for him to clean.
My dad does my relatives' (and mine) for free. He has a couple of people here in the apartment complex that he does it for. I just don't need it done as often as he wants to do it. He needs the $$$.
@NJChicaa Send him to me! I need someone to clean the windows and take off the curtains to be washed and then put up again. :-)
@MALUSE I feel you sister
@kobesbuddy (108507)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I would come right out and explain to him, every two weeks is too much detailing. Even once a month would be really pushing it.
I am not OCD enough (or at all) to have my car cleaned every month.
@kobesbuddy (108507)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@NJChicaa I'd tell the fella, exactly how you feel. My car needs to be vacuumed, but it doesn't bother me a bit.
@kobesbuddy I'm just going to start avoiding him
• Walnut Creek, California
I am a Doctor of Psychology, but I'm thinking of heading to local parking lots and cleaning folks' headlights for $30 a pop. I have some really good cleaner from the Dollar Tree. And some nice clean rags too. I am NOT an "essential worker." Nor is my stock broker. Sigh.
you aren't getting paid from the university?
• Walnut Creek, California
@NJChicaa No, I'm paid on a by-the-class basis, and I don't have any classes this semester.
@Tina30219 (57565)
• Onaway, Michigan
He must need it to keep coming back to you every 2 weeks to do it. You are right about the atm thing it can get annoying tohave to go and get the money especially from a machine that is not from your bank.
Yes he clearly does
@CarolDM (95485)
Always good to help others. Good for you.
@LindaOHio (47232)
I would just come right out and tell him that you don't need the car detailed at this time. Good luck!
@moonandstars (43481)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
you're very kind and, yes, it's not necessarry.
• Agra, India
Even I would he reluctant to pay any extra money as transaction money. Cant you transfer the money directly into his account.
He may need the money, but it's not fair of him to assume you are his for-sure client like this. Every 2 weeks for detailing is definitely not necessary.
@JimBo452020 (22818)
• Montrose, Scotland
Ah, Well, I think, This guy is stretching the " goodwill " just a bit And may be taking advantage of your kind nature just a bit. He must know a car only needs detailed twice a year. I wonder how many other people feel a bit sorry for him like you do.!! It's good money, no wonder he needs it?