Close to Touch the Heaven

By Rufo
When I was still working with the villagers in Kalinga Philippines, I took lots of photos. While browsing some of my old photos, I was reminiscing the moment of almost reaching the sky in this photo. It was the last time for me to see the Ngibat villagers because of their community project was accomplished on the mountain. I will cherish the valuable memory with them for the rest of my life. Have you almost tried to reach the sky? Did you like this photo?
@rsa101 (29031)
That was a nice experience for you to have reached this very beautiful place. l guess that’s part of the rice terraces there in that part of the region. l think that is the only place in our country where mountains were converted to rice paddies that formed like stairs.
They did do this in their small land areas. I felt bad that I wasn't able to see the Banaue Rice Terraces in Ifugao. For the reason that my project manager didn't allow us to go there.
@rsa101 (29031)
@Shavkat I see but the place you have been looked like it. Not as magnificent as the Banaue Rice Terraces but similar to that one. l have not seen that place yet too.
@rsa101 I agree. There are small terraces in Kalinga.
@patgalca (16666)
• Orangeville, Ontario
It is a beautiful photo. My daughters make frequent trips to Calgary, Alberta. They love the mountains. Recently my younger daughter face timed with me from the top of a mountain. She was so excited they made it up there she wanted to share the experience with me. I was so touched I cried. Personally, I could never climb a mountain. If you check out one of my recent posts there are two photos of my daughters in the mountains of Calgary.
That's great! I am sure they had a good experience hiking in the mountains. I wish I can do this escapade again in the future. I just need to wait for the coronavirus to go away first.
@sophie09 (29325)
i like the photo! it must be cold up there
It was so cold staying in the mountains at night. But it will be matched with drinking brewed coffee.
@sophie09 (29325)
@Shavkat yes thats right. Have you done that?
@sophie09 I did it a couple of times before there.
@thelme55 (53855)
I would love to visit that place one day when I am in Pinas again. I love the rice terraces scenery.
I hope you can do it here. Kalinga is near to the Ifugao, where you can find the Banaue Rice Terraces.
@thelme55 (53855)
@Shavkat I hope so. It is already on my travel list.
@thelme55 If coronavirus is gone away, I want to explore the Visayas part.
That's amazing and must have been a great feeling to be there
It was a challenging moment. It cannot be denied there are ups and downs when having community projects. In the end, it was very rewarding to see this kind of beautiful scenery.
@Shavkat yes exactly
Yes, I like the photo.
Thank you for liking it.
@pjmurphy (2046)
Beautiful photo. I'm a little afraid of heights so can't always enjoy their beauty.
At first, I thought I can not hike the three mountains before reaching the village. I am not afraid of heights, but it is my concern to deal with my endurance.
@simplfred (17598)
Amazing picture, my friend...
It was so amazing to be in this place and I tried to live like the villagers here before. All in all, I enjoyed one of a lifetime experience.
@psanasangma (4936)
Philippine is famous for Terrace Rice cultivation and the model of this cultivation has been introduce to our region also
I think you are referring to the Banaue Rice Terraces in Ifugao. Image Credit:encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com
@Shavkat WOW.. this is beautiful..
@psanasangma It is indeed beautiful.
@moonandstars (44754)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
It is as you said it, sky is so near, I like it i wa close in the forest, on the hill but, not this close.
It was a good experience to be in this place. Perhaps I can visit the place again in the future. Are you still in Tuetego?
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
That is a beautiful picture.
Thank you for appreciating it. I find it so amazing for being close to heaven.
Yes, I really like your photo. How high up were you?
@db20747 (31308)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Haven't been up that high except in a plane. This awesome to be up so high! Nice picture