Lots of depression out there!

So, do any of you have a lot of friends and family that are depressed, sad, and apathetic right now? I seem to know of too many suffering from some form of depression. Most say it's due to Covid. Others say they are sad about the state of the US. And still others claim both things are together bringing them down. They fear for us all if Trump wins. They are scared. I can understand that. I want to say that depression won't fix it, but having dealt with people who have suffered severe depression, I know that won't help. Sometimes it just seems that some of these depressed individuals just want someone to talk to because they are lonely? I can understand that, too. Some of these people watch the news from morning until night. The news in the United States can be very depressing,, when I suggested to a friend she turn it off for awhile and maybe go outside, read a book, or watch a movie or something other than news, she said she couldn't help herself, she is addicted to the news now. Some of these people reach out, but they really don't want help. I think they just want someone to listen, so that's what I have been doing. Today, another distant family member called to tell me how down in the dumps he and his wife both are over all of this. It must be affecting a lot of people, my circle is not that big and I know of many. Makes me hurt for them. It's hard for everyone who is used to seeing family and friends to not get to see them. I certainly miss traveling a bit and seeing mine. But I am holding out hope for things to get better. It's all I really know to do. Not sure why I think I have to write about all of this, except that sometimes being the constant broad shoulder for people gets rather difficult. Forgive my whiny post!
My boyfriend is severely depressed. He watches the news every chance he gets. I don't allow that at my home at all. trump gets no air time here at all. I don't care who does not like it. G constantly complains about what he is suffering from I made it clear that I suffer from depression and I am not dragging you down with my problems and I won't let you do it to me. he told me I was not a good supporter I said you have a care team that is who you whine too not me. When I am with him I am focused on having a good time. But he can't help but drag me down with his stress. for 6 days now he has been out of sight and today he called to say he is ok he just doesn't want to be bothered. I can respect that since I know his problem is stressing out. I know he and others have a lot of stress but there is a lot of control in how you handle it.
I am glad and proud of you that you do not let other people get you down, You are a tough cookie,
@marlina I am sad because I miss him but I need to keep the ball on my mental health first. You made me happy reading this. Thank you
@Raine38 (9490)
You are a strong person, @sharon6345. You remind me of those people in my life who are not afraid to dish out tough love. To some it may seem cruel, but I think your resolve to not be brought down is something to be highly proud of. Before, my husband and I will affect each other so we both end up feeling down. Now, we agreed that if we cannot be strong together, we will not be weak together. Otherwise, where are we going to end up?
I'm glad to say that I don't know anyone who has these problems.