Weekly Goal: No Unnecesssary Shopping!

Hi! How's it going? It's Saturday in my world and my "Monday", start of a new week. It will be a weird week this week, as I work today for 10 hours, 10 hours Sunday, 10 hours Monday, am off Tuesday (for part time job training) and then working 14 hours on Wednesday, off on Thursday, then I go into work again for a few hours on Friday. Things are crazy! I am trying to make this goal for this entire week: NO extraneous shopping. I have been doing VERY poorly at online shopping, for clothes, eating out, craft beer, cute masks - "stocking up" on shampoo/body wash/conditioner etc - just hemmhoraging money on this stuff. I need do distance myself from shopping as it really has become too much of a hobby for me. The process of searching for something online, buying it, and taking it home (or receiving it in the mail) has been kind of an exciting process. But, once I have it, for the most part - the "itch" is gone - there's no more excitement. It's almost like SPENDING and RECEIVING is the itch, and once I have the item, I lose that initial excitement I felt. So, I need to purge this all from my system. I don't need stocks and stocks of shampoos & conditioners, when I *RUN OUT* of something, I will replace it. No need to be ALWAYS waiting for packages. Also, one of my kryptonites has been *supplements* (mostly in powder form). I have been having tons of fun buying and trying different types of health supplements. It started out with "super greens" but now has evolved to taking all kinds of fun supplements. I haven't really found one that I LOVE. Recently, I have bought brands YourSuper (which a coworker suggested to me and really liked - but it's super expensive) - and I have basically their whole line waiting to be used - and a brand called KOS which is a little bit cheaper, but I do like it as well. I have used supergreens, maca, plant based protein powders, ashwaghanda (sp), a natural "energy blend", beetroot, and here's the new one I just started using: SPIRINULA. All of these are supposed to have different benefits. Anyway, that has been my big spender. I have also been buying quite a few cupboard "stocking" items. I need to stop buying things to "stock up", as it's messing with my head. I need to start getting rid of things, using what I have before buying more. That is going to be my goal. My goal for this next week (from today, Saturday to NEXT Saturday): Don't make ANY EXTRANEOUS PURCHASES! No online shopping. No craft beer. Little to no grocery shopping/food expenditures (I need to eat what is in my cupboard) - I will likely buy SOME produce and almond milk. But these are my goals for the week. I never used to be a shopaholic and I don't want to start now. I need to re-train my brain. At the very least, I am not PUTTING MYSELF *into* debt for this, just spending extra money from my bank account, but I could be using that money in more productive ways - such as to pay off my car payment. Are you having the same issue? I will blame it on COVID. Has COVID turned anyone else into a shopaholic? And what is your "kryptonite" - or favorite extraneous thing to spend money on?
I used to be an extreme couponer.
Ah. I always wanted to try, but I never learned. I bet you accumulate lots doing that, though.
@id_peace (12482)
I want to learn How I could do that.
I have issues with not having enough of this or that. I don't spend a lot to get what I have. I am beyond frugal and that is a blessing. I have over 50 bottles of washing liquid. Sorted out and put away for me to use as I see fit. I have about 70 bottles of body wash all need and tidily stored away but I have about 12 or so in the bathroom. You get the gif of it all but each bottle of soap was a buck each. I have more than I need so there won't be any more coming in the door for a while. I also stock up canned goods and that won't change as long as I am eating them.
At least you know when to stay stop. But 70 bottles is way too much for me. It clutters my brain, and I don't like that. It's hard to explain, but I am a bit of a minimalist in spirit. I have about 10 bottles of shampoo and body wash (respectively) and it feels like too much. But I suppose if it doesn't bother you, you have the storage space, and got a good deal. Then that's what matters.
@maezee I would not manage well if mine was not stored out of sight. And your right I do have the storage and that makes a big difference. Unless you're in my tub you can't see my goods to know I have them.
@Raine38 (9464)
Your schedule is similar to my husband's. His Monday is today, Saturday. I also tend to get overboard with my shopping sometimes. My kryptonites are purses and clothes. Also, Asian snacks. I will be in trouble this week if I also did not control my "itch" because we are going on a business trip for next week, and will be staying in the city where outlet malls and stores are.
Ooh, best of luck to you! Clothes are another one for me. I DO enjoy having a good variety of different things to wear. Good luck on your business trip! Don't spend too much!!
I do seem to be doing more online shopping than I did before COVID. So easy to do.
Good luck in accomplishing your goal. Not a shopaholic but I did find myself buying more things online than I normally would.
I hope you can keep your goal and not do any shopping. I don't know if I have any kryptonite. I don't spend money unnecessarily. I also can't go anywhere right now and don't do online shopping. I spend all my time on the computer/laptop, writing.
@rina110383 (24410)
No. Even before the pandemic, I've been living a frugal life.
@rhuenz (7133)
Thumbs up to your goal,i should do it as well. Disciplining ourselves in terms of expenditure is a must.Don't buy unnecessary things. We need to save for the better days.
@Nakitakona (36323)
Experience has taught you how to live a simple life.