Mylot as a Diary

Germany
Is Mylot a good diary for you? Many seem to write daily or at least several times a week what they are doing during the day - in great detail. Some write a daily poem or list their online activities and earnings. I wonder whether it would be a good idea to also do this - I often wonder whether a diary would help me to get my mind straight. It's often foggy and I am fighting depression. What do you think?
@myklj999 (61553)
• Olney, Illinois
It makes a good diary if you don't mind other people reading your diary. My secrets are so dark I won't even tell them to myself.
Yeah, that's one point about the Mylot Diary you would need to consider. I wonder how many users do not think about what they present here as information. Social engineering comes to mind. And do we really want to read other user's dark secrets? Or just the pink fluffy ones?
@stine1online What we mostly get here are descriptions of household chores and family related things. Dark and/or fluffy secrets are a rarity.
@myklj999 (61553)
• Olney, Illinois
@stine1online I let out some darker ones way back in days of old, but these days I find it hard to be either dark or fluffy...it might be fair to consider me a bit b*tchy though
I'm sure a diary can be useful for the person who writes it. Speaking only for myself: I don't know, however, why a diary should be interesting for other people.
Oh, there is always an audience for whoever knows what...
@m_audrey6788 (53235)
It is not totally a diary type but a daily journal. I think. I`m sure most of mylotters don`t tell their whole stories. It depends on some who wanted to share their whole life story here
Yes, a journal would be a better word for it.
@msdivkar (23692)
It is a good idea to open up your mind here on mylot and Interact with other members that will help you get out of loneliness and feeling depressed.
@thelme55 (72893)
Yes, you can make it as a diary if you write her every day. My diary is only for me to read. I might write dark thoughts in it.
@rsa101 (32413)
Diaries were supposed to be private already. l think if you’re willing to share your everyday activities then this is just a fine place to put in your daily activities.
I am not so sure about myself - but many are doing it already.
@rsa101 (32413)
@stine1online Yes l see many are doing it. l guess they know that it will be read by others too.
Since I've just started back here after being gone for several years, I'm still trying to figure out how I want to approach the site. I have considered a somewhat diary-esque approach, but I'm not certain that really is my style these days. Too much sharing can be unwise.
• Preston, England
I have kept diary pages on Mylot
@maratai (6196)
You are right too my friend. In MyLot there are lots of friends where we can vent and discuss about many things. So it can be called an online diary.
@kanuck1 (3884)
You can always try it and see what happens. Depression is a tricky challenge. I have been fighting depression all my life. I have found that many things help me to stay sane such as going for long walks, listening to songs that I like and working on my spirituality among others.
• Rockingham, Australia
I use it as a diary of sorts but mostly to record things I've been doing. I don't write personal stuff here.
It is therapeutic and much like a diary. I don't think it would hurt at all.
@psanasangma (5481)
I am not sure, whether I am making as a alternate diary here but sometimes I like sharing partially with users