Cats!

@ElicBxn (61191)
I've always said that we didn't domesticate cats, they domesticated us. Well, not really, but they decided to be domesticated and since they were already perfect for the job, humans didn't need to change them like they did dogs.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2017/06/domesticated-cats-dna-genetics-pets-science/?cmpid=org=ngp::mc=crm-email::src=ngp::cmp=editorial::add=SpecialEdition_Escape_20201111&rid=F46EC55B2A037022ED14627C807EF52D
Cats are leaders, wonderful little tyrants.
@ElicBxn (61191)
Well, we are probably lucky they aren't in charge since they only look out for themselves. Well, most of them anyway.
@ElicBxn I really love cats, the cats of my neighbors get a free buffet in front of my home.
@myklj999 (52430)
Scar is domesticated...a damn Domestic Terrorist is what he is
@ElicBxn (61191)
Sounds like our Boris! Especially if you listen to Opal!
Yes you are right. Runt, my cat, is the king in his castle. He often goes to tap on somebody's arm. That person thinks he wants food or wants to go out. The person gets up and Runt nimbly jumps on the chair and makes himself comfortable. Everybody loses their chair to Runt, loses sleep because King or President Runt decides to go outside or come back in in the middle of the night etc. Etc... But he is such a cutie pie still even at 6 years old....
@ElicBxn (61191)
My brats, I mean cats, are inside only. We do have a catio that Boris was having a lot of fun running in and out of today.
@prinzcy (14131)
I have five Queens and one King. I am just their butler. But I don't think I am sad with that status.
@ElicBxn (61191)
That's a good number. I'm trying to get there, but I'm in no hurry to lose any of the ones I've got.
@prinzcy (14131)
@ElicBxn I just take care how much I can afford at a time. I have to consider the foods and meds as well. Most of the time I would buy the food in bulk online. It's cheaper that way.
Cats were born to be leaders
@ElicBxn (61191)
Cats, they don't take orders very well do they?
@ElicBxn in their own way they give orders
Cats can be tough customers. They like things their way for sure!