Twitter has suspended Donald Trump's account permanently

Donald Trump,  from internet
I would like to know all my friends here on my lot about their opinion regarding this. Is Twitter right in taking this step? Donald Trump is still the President of the USA. What do you think about this
@myklj999 (61553)
• Olney, Illinois
What does him being President have to do with it? He was warned several times about violating Twitter policy and he still kept doing it.
First of all let me make it very clear that I am not supporting Donald Trump. But I think twitter could have acted differently. End of the day he is still the President.
@myklj999 (61553)
• Olney, Illinois
@concept001 What does him being the President have to do with it, as I asked?
@JimBo452020 (57334)
@concept001 So what if he is still President. Does that mean he doesn't have to follow the same code of conduct that we all have to adhere to.
@JimBo452020 (57334)
Yes Twitter were correct. They should have banned him a long time ago.
@myklj999 (61553)
• Olney, Illinois
He got away with more s**t at facebook and Twitter than I ever did without getting thrown in 'jail' for 30 days.
@JimBo452020 (57334)
@myklj999 At least he won't be attending Biden getting installed as President. Inauguration, that's the word.
@owlwings (44161)
• Cambridge, England
@JimBo452020 I think that he should be made to - in chains and with ashes on his head!
@owlwings (44161)
• Cambridge, England
Twitter has it's Terms of Use, just like any website. Trump had been warned a number of times about breaching them. 'Freedom of speech' is one thing ; inciting people to attend a rally where it was already known that insurrection would take place and then calling them "special people" and saying "we love you" WHILE the riots were happening is quite another. Trump has proved himself to be unfit for public office and Twitter (and the others) have every right to ban him, whether he's the president or not.
It is about time!
True it's all about time.
@JimBo452020 (57334)
@concept001 I think @NJChicaa meant he should have been banned a long time ago.
@pjmurphy (2567)
Next to him being defeated in the election, it's the best news I've heard in a long time. Now I'd like to see him banned from ever being in office again. Prayers answered.
@thelme55 (72893)
He has violated some rules as I have heard and so he is punished.