My cousin (an update)

I'm sorry that it's been awhile since I've updated everyone here. My cousin is home from the hospital. She has a tube that both feeds her and allows her to take her medication. She is happy to be home and while I didn't speak directly to her, I heard her in the background when I talked to my aunt. Now we are all hoping she will be get the nurse to come around regularly again. This will alleviate my aunt, but if it's the same nurse from before, it will thrill my cousin who became friends with the nurse. Thanks for all the well wishes, positive thoughts and prayers you have sent. Admittedly I don't get a lot of information when I call and talk to my aunt, but that's partially because they don't have a lot of info themselves and partially because there's never much of a change with my cousin's condition. Thank you again.
@CarolDM (110299)
Thanks for the update. Glad she is home. That always help make you feel better.
Yes. I hate that she missed the holidays with the family, but we would have to be careful around her anyway because her immune system is so bad.
@CarolDM (110299)
@ScribbledAdNauseum I hope the best for her.
@CarolDM Thank you, I really do appreciate it.
@arunima25 (52168)
• Bangalore, India
Will keep her in prayers and hope for her speedy recovery. The nurse will be a great help to your aunt and if it's old nurse, your cousin will have a pleasant company.
Yes, I agree. My aunt does her best (she went to school to be a nursing assistant so she knows what she's doing) but she gets tired and weak and isn't able to help as much as she'd like.
@arunima25 (52168)
• Bangalore, India
@ScribbledAdNauseum That's quite understandable. She needs support. Things can be really draining especially it takes a toll on emotions too.
@arunima25 Yes, I agree. There is another nurse that was coming in to see my cousin but that was a temporary thing. My aunt is back to being her full time caregiver and my cousin need to go back to the hospital.
Very happy for your cousin to be back home and hope that the nurse she likes will be the one coming to take care of her,
I hope so. We still aren't sure if they'll let the nurse come back again or not. I think it's contingent on her healthcare provider more than it is on the virus situation. The nurse left before because of the virus situation, I think someone in the nurse's family contracted it?
@RebeccasFarm (19992)
• Denver, Colorado
I really hope she can get some home help she really needs it thanks Amber for the update
I hope so. The doctor at the hospital seemed to do all he could to help her. I just wish the experts for her disease were closer and more willing to help!
@JimBo452020 (32553)
It's really good that she is home.
Yeah she's definitely happy to be there.
@JimBo452020 (32553)
@ScribbledAdNauseum Her mental health will be better at home, that's for sure
@JimBo452020 Absolutely. I think that my uncle was the only one able to visit her when she was in the hospital.
@LowRiderX (22547)
• Serbia
@ScribbledAdNauseum It's good to be home again, I wish her a speedy recovery
Thank You. She will recover from some (the pneumonia, for instance) but she still has the mitochondrial disease that is incurable.
@LowRiderX (22547)
• Serbia
@ScribbledAdNauseum You are welcome but most importantly is to be at home, that other disease I hope can be kept under control by some medication?
@LowRiderX There are medications for her, but she was having difficulty keeping them down. Now she has a medicine tube that bypasses the digestive system and she can get her medicines this way.
@moonandstars (44887)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i am very happy for her and i think she'll perhaps recover faster cause, she's at home.
She has not regurgitated since coming home and she is eating again which is good. She is not using the tube they inserted in her though.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@ScribbledAdNauseum that's good.when you mention tubes, i remember some movie with hilary swank, where she was starving and they forced her to eat. it was about suffragettes.
@moonandstars Oh I have not seen that movie.
@LindaOHio (55698)
I'm glad she is home. Thank you for the update. Continuing to send positive thoughts and prayers.
Thank You. I am glad she is home too and I hope she won't have to visit the hospital anytime soon. Unfortunately, she was visiting atleast twice a month since Last June I'd say.
@LindaOHio (55698)
@ScribbledAdNauseum That's a shame.
@LindaOHio Yes it really is. I do hope this medicine / feeding tube will make all the difference. A visit from the nurse every day would also be good too.
@Matamu (657)
Hopefully your cousin will recover quickly from his illness.
She'll never fully recover, but thank you.
@Matamu (657)
@ScribbledAdNauseum Oh, I'm sorry..
@Matamu It's.. Well thank you. I wish it was different, but she has a degenerative disease.
I am sorry she still needs to be fed through a tube, but at least she is at home now.
Oh, she can eat solid foods too but they make her sick usually so she eats via the tube in her stomach.
@ScribbledAdNauseum It's a horrible way to be fed, but at least she does not starve.
• Mexico
I'm very glad to hear that your cousin is back home again. Have a very good day
Thank You! It's been a very long time since I've seen you on mylot. How have you been?
• Mexico
@ScribbledAdNauseum I've been good!! Ups and downs as usual with life but I've been healthy and all, I really missed coming here! how have you been??
@prinzcy (14313)
I'm glad that she's home. Never lose hope in her. We'll never know.
You're very right, but the mitochondrial disease is taking it's toll on her.
@DocAndersen (32590)
Good to hear! family being sick always makes me uncomfortable! Glad she is home!
Yes, especially since none of us could really visit her. She was mostly there on her own.
So glad she is home. Prayers do work wonders.
Thank You. Yes I am glad she's back in her own bed now.
@moffittjc (92297)
• Gainesville, Florida
It's good that your cousin is home. It's a step in the right direction. Hopefully she continues to improve.
I hope she remains comfortable enough that she doesn't have to go back to the hospital.