Completed A Crochet Project

This is not the scarf that I said I'd talk about next. I did complete it, but it was too short! I forgot that I needed to add 100 more stitches to what I had first calculated. This is a tote. I bought green yarn, blue yarn and now gray yarn to make a tote out of. The green one is complete and I will start on the blue one next. I think I may try to stiffen this with starch if using items to mold the sides doesn't work.
@Tina30219 (66897)
• Onaway, Michigan
Looks nice I hope your idea of doing the starch helps.
I hope so too. Right now it seems to be holding shape well enough. I might also just find something at the dollar tree that would fit inside this.
@Tina30219 (66897)
• Onaway, Michigan
@ScribbledAdNauseum Have you done the handles yet for it? I hope you can find something to put inside it.
@Tina30219 I don't think I will do a handle for it. I saw a few things at DT today that would have fit for this, but I forgot that I was thinking of something to put inside. I also just realized that I forgot to look for an organizer that I've seen on YT that DT supposedly has.
• Rupert, Idaho
I think it looks very nice! Sorry that the scarf was too short though!
Thank You! That's okay. I'll just have to make another. In the back of my mind I had this nagging feeling that something wasn't right. It wasn't until i was finished that I realized.
• Rupert, Idaho
@ScribbledAdNauseum No problem And that's a great plan to make another, when you can/want to. I know it can be frustrating to have that feeling, and not realize til after what it was...but that's good you can make another when you want to.
@MommyOfEli2013 Yeah, I almost bought the yarn to make another but I decided to work on the totes first. I bought grey yarn to go with the green and blue. Do you think those colors go together?
@louievill (27508)
It's very beautiful! I remember mother use to make those kind of stuff when I was very young.
I grew up with my mom doing crochet too. She got to a point where her hands were too stiff and she could not crochet any longer.
@louievill (27508)
@ScribbledAdNauseum I remember back in the 60s all our curtains and table cloths were made that way and without exaggerating they were really huge and ornate. My grandparents home were the same.
@louievill Oh! That must have taken her hours to create. My mother made leg warmers, afghan blankets, butterfly magnet clips and doilies.
@LindaOHio (58273)
Very nice. What will you store in it?
At the moment it will store some of my snack foods. In the future it will probably store some craft stuff. I may make one of these that is a tad bit longer, I haven't decided yet.
@LindaOHio (58273)
@ScribbledAdNauseum Cool beans! :-)
@LindaOHio Don't you think it would make a nice gift? This is acrylic, but I was thinking of getting some cotton yarn and making one for a friend to put in her jeep. I'd crochet a sturdy handle for it too.
@CarolDM (117320)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Reminds me of an Easter basket. Great job.
Thank You! You're the second one to mention easter baskets. It makes me think of the green paper grass that goes in the bottom of easter baskets.
@CarolDM (117320)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@ScribbledAdNauseum Maybe it is the pastel color, but it could be used for many things.
@CarolDM I plan to use it for some of my food stuff that I store separately from everything else (the family would inadvertently eat it and it's keto friendly...)
@prinzcy (18283)
Wow, that's really neat! You can make it as a gift as well.
I showed this to a friend and she asked me to make her a few.
@prinzcy (18283)
@thelme55 (63950)
Wow! I like it. The color fits in my bathroom and bedroom. You have made it beautifully.
One of our bathrooms are painted about this color. You actually give me an idea. I may have to buy more of this color and use it in that bathroom. Thank you!
@thelme55 (63950)
@ScribbledAdNauseum You are very welcome.
@TheSojourner (30981)
How fun! I think it would make a cute Easter/Spring basket, too!
True. I could easily add handles to this if I wanted. The color does make me think of Easter and Easter grass.
@ScribbledAdNauseum That's the first thing I thought.